main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

***Official Star Wars: Forgotten Realm Production Notes

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by DJC, Jul 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DJC

DJC Jedi Master

May 8, 2005
    Star Wars: Forgotten Realm is a Liquid Quiche Production. The film is set 7 years after ROTS. Several of the MWG 501st members have graciously participated in the filming. Production filming began in January of this year and continues.

Film synopsis:
    Jedi Knight Web Mallick and 1000 clonetroopers are the survivors of a crash that occurred at the onset of the Clone Wars. Ten years have passed since then. An Imperial trap forces two agents of the fledgling Rebellion to crash on this uncharted world. Mallick rescues the rebels from the debris but is then confronted by an Imperial detachment. After a brief skirmish that forces the Imperials to retreat, the Emperor is informed of the Jedi's existence and Darth Vader is dispatched to deal with the Jedi.

Here is a CGI still taken from some of the first rendered scenes. The model was created by Tom Grays (TomG) and downloaded from SciFi3d. I created the planet using NASA high resolution images.
    [image=http://members.warpnet.net/crawford3/liquid_quiche_productions_files/image014.jpg]

This is a bluescreen scene that takes place in an AT-AT turret.
    [image=http://members.warpnet.net/crawford3/liquid_quiche_productions_files/image008.jpg]

This is one of our doomed X-wing pilots.
    [image=http://members.warpnet.net/crawford3/liquid_quiche_productions_files/image012.jpg]

2. DarthRicmu

DarthRicmu Jedi Knight star 3

Jul 3, 2005
    Wow

finally some production with production photo's

The story looks great to me....and looks real and would fit in perfectly with the SW timeline....

Looks great and wish you well with the production :)

3. Lord2

Lord2 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 6, 2006
    Good Luck, when you get a offical website (if you should get one) please post in this forum!
    Looks Great :)

4. DJC

DJC Jedi Master

May 8, 2005
    The website should be up by next month. I will provide the link when its ready.

5. DJC

DJC Jedi Master

May 8, 2005
    Here is a picture of the Emperor from the Imperial palace scene. Mask and make up took 3 hours to apply.
    [image=http://members.warpnet.net/crawford3/liquid_quiche_productions_files/image004.jpg]

On location shoots begin in March. Permission was granted to film on the prairie at Fermilab in Illinois.

6. ThePriminister05

ThePriminister05 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 28, 2005
    Ya! Another fan film to look foward to!

See guys, have Revenge of the Sith being the last official Star Wars movie isn;t really all that bad, we've got many nore SW films to look foward to, especially since they're getting much more realistic and having a bigger scale.

7. DJC

DJC Jedi Master

May 8, 2005
    The Beacon News newspaper, which services the western suburbs of Chicago, did an interview with some of the crew and cast. The article made the front page of the January 18th edition. Follow the link. Beacon News

8. robo_obi

robo_obi Jedi Master star 4

Mar 15, 2002
    sounds like it could be a good effort... i have a few questions

1. what camera are you using?
    2. what will be using for your post-work (editing,effects and sound)
    3. how long do you plan on shooting for?
    4. Do you have an approximate run time for it?
    5. "Here is a picture of the Emperor from the Imperial palace scene" that sure looks like an imperial TIE pilot...lol...i'm sure you've noticed that though...although I am interested to see your emperor.....
    6. is there any chance i could take a look at the script? i'd love to have a look and see how it all comes together and maybe give some advice if you're willing......PM me if you think that'd be alright....

i think thats it for now...lol

9. DJC

DJC Jedi Master

May 8, 2005
    I am using equipment through Fox Valley TV studios, a community access station. The studio has chroma-key facilities. All of the equipment is professional Sony DV. I don't have the manual in front of me for the actual model number. Both the studio and field cameras employ 1/3" CCDs. The studio agreement is that all facilities and equipment are free to use as long as they get first broadcast.

Post work will be done with Lightwave 3D, Blender, After Effects, Poser, Bryce 3D, and Premiere Pro. Sound will probably be done with Audition and Fruity Loops.

We started production filming on January 16, 2006. The majority of the crew work various rotating shifts so our schedules all line up about every 5 weeks. This makes for a long production. The goal is to finish principle photography by December 2007. Unfortunately, one of the cast members was transferred to the Southeastern US. The effect was to nullify the footage for an 8 hour shoot. I am recasting the role this week. I just added a director's assistant to the crew. She worked for Universal Studios in that capacity and volunteered her help.

The run time for the fanfilm is 2 hours. The film will premiere on FVTV and then be submitted to various internet venues for viewing.

Yeah, I know about the picture snafu. The host server crashed and they reloaded files from over 7 months ago. For some reason they are not allowing updates to sites right now.

I'll PM you soon about the script.

10. robo_obi

robo_obi Jedi Master star 4

Mar 15, 2002
    cheers mate sounds like a solid production going on...2 hours is a lot to push for...we're at about an hour for our film and thats a lot...lol

11. sergiurusu

sergiurusu Jedi Knight star 5

May 30, 2001
    This looks amazing! Can't wait to see it finished!

12. darkgeminij

darkgeminij Jedi Youngling

Mar 5, 2007
    wow, cant wait to see this one! i really like your story idea.

13. DJC

DJC Jedi Master

May 8, 2005
    [image=http://members.warpnet.net/crawford3/Saber%20training.JPG]
    Our two actors, Vader on the left and Jedi Mallick on the right receive weekly Japanese sword-fighting lessons. Choreography of the duel has begun.

14. Lord2

Lord2 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 6, 2006
    Cool, keep us updated!

15. DJC

DJC Jedi Master

May 8, 2005
    The picture of the Emperor (above) has been taken care of. It no longer shows a TIE pilot.

Our next shoot will be an outdoor one. We are filming at Fermi National Accelerator Laboratory on April 21-22. There is an area of the 6500 acres that is prairie bordered by pines. It is a great setting for our crash scene. Fox News Chicago will be in attendance. The Jimmy Kimmel Show talent booking agency contacted us and they have previewed some of our Imperial palace bluescreen footage.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.