main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

*Official* Star Wars New Year's Eve Fan Fiction Discussion/Challenge Thread

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by RKMeibalane, Dec 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RKMeibalane

RKMeibalane Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 20, 2002
    Note to Mods: Please lock if there is a similar thread in existence. Thank you.

In the spirit of the New Year, I thought it would prove interesting to see what story ideas and plot bunnies could spring from a New Year's Eve Challenge Thread. The subject of how holidays are celebrated in the Star Wars universe has been one of intense speculation, largely because there is so much we don't yet know about the normal customs and traditions honored by the inhabitants of the galaxy far, far away. There have been numerous mentions of Life Day, which is supposedly the most important day of year. But how is the transition from one standard year to the next recognized by our heroes and friends? Is the passage of time cause for celebration, or does it bring forth yet another lecture from Master Yoda?

I encourage everyone to try their hand at a story, be it long or short, that focuses on the topic of New Year's Ever in the GFFA. Or, if you're not certain how to put your plan into motion, feel free to post it here and allow some of our most creative minds pour over the ideas, so they can toss back suggestions of their own. Any ideas are welcome, no matter how strange... or evil. After all, you're reading a thread started by Darth Vader fan.

Have fun!

Edit: Feel free to post your stories in this thread, if you wish, or post them in the approriate forum. I only ask that you include the phrase
    New Year's Challenge in the subject or the story's summary. Again, have fun with this!

2. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Awesome. I've got a plot bunny for Anakin and Yoda with Anakin's first New Year's Eve on Coruscant. I'll link it here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.