Official Star Wars on DVD countdown thread.

Discussion in 'Southern Nevada, NV' started by Axia_Euxine, Aug 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Axia_Euxine Jedi Master

star 4
    27 days people, 27 days until I can stop watching those god awful VHS copies. 27 long, ardous, painful, star wars on dvdless days. <sets cryo chamber for 27 days and prepares for a little nap>

wait, in 27 days episode 3 will be a month closer and then after I see episode 3 life will have no meaning. Wait, argghhhhhhhhh <hugs dooku saber to self and begins mumbling>
  2. Axia_Euxine Jedi Master

star 4
    I have found some site that show some of the changes in original trilogy. Anyone interested.
  3. Starr_Saberblade Jedi Knight

star 1
  4. Acthar_Sm-Ith Jedi Master

star 4
  5. Axia_Euxine Jedi Master

star 4
    First page is here This page has no episode 3 related material

second page is here This page has no episode 3 related material

6. MoronDude Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Hmmm... 27 days, huh? And A New Hope came out 27 years ago. Very interesting!
  7. Jankarakk FanForce CR Southern Nevada FF

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    heh moron dude and his fixation with the number 27
  8. Axia_Euxine Jedi Master

star 4
    Star Wars!...on DVD!...focus people, FOCUS!
  9. MoronDude Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Well, I like 95% of teh changes. I can't believe that they can make teh images better than they looked in teh SEs (except for teh rancor scene which still looked weird), but those shots of teh DVD versions look great. And I'm so glad they fixed Obi-Wan's malfuctioning lightsaber, as well as that shot of Vader's lightsaber without effects. I also like how they stuck Naboo in teh celebration at teh end! There's really only one change I don't like, since it doesn't really make sense. I mean, if Hayden's ghost shows up when he dies, why doesn't Ewan's ghost show up?!?

I've blackened out things some might consider spoilers about teh DVD changes.

[edit: I added "teh"s]
  10. Axia_Euxine Jedi Master

star 4
    I think most of the changes are pretty sweet. Welcome to day t minus 26 days until Star Wars on DVD.

By the way, like I stated in another thread...just like I didnt see the new footage of Jabba I have not seen the new scene with Vader and the Emporer from The Empire Strikes Back. And let me tell you, for not seeing that scene it was pretty sweet! New dialouge and ian and JEJ doing the voices! Woot, woot.
  11. MoronDude Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    When does the Star Wars DVDs come out, because you can rent them on Netflix now!

[edit: When you click add, it adds them to your queue, but under availability, it says "September 21st" Netflix is a total tease!]
  12. Jankarakk FanForce CR Southern Nevada FF

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    are you serious???? they're not supposed to be available for purchase until september 21st
  13. kampilan Jedi Master

star 4
    Anyone planning on getting the Wal-Mart versions with the figure packs? I only plan to get one of the 3 but which one I still can't decide, lol
  14. Jankarakk FanForce CR Southern Nevada FF

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    I plan on gettin it from Best Buy.....discount man...discount.
  15. FenigDurak Jedi Master

star 4
    Have any of you thought of contacting Best Buy or Media Play to see if they'd be willing to do an event for this with you? It's a chance to get into costume, to promote Fandom, recruit for your group (and for the Rebel Legion!) and to have fun, of course!

Hi, sorry. Leah from Denver. Base Commander Mountain Base Rebel Legion. We're holding out event at the Westminster Media Play, the 501st chapter here has theirs at a more southern Media Play. Good times planned.
  16. Darth-Kevin-Thomas Force Ghost

star 5
    6 days....i'll be at the suncoast at medows mall getting mine.

dkt
  17. Axia_Euxine Jedi Master

star 4
    I...cannot...wait. Must have it, my precious, gives it to us!!!!!! Will play shiney silver disk over and over again. Holy trilogy in digital goodness.
  18. Jankarakk FanForce CR Southern Nevada FF

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    I held several of the box sets in my hands yesterday at work.....we're puttin 'em into little packages....if any of you saw what bestbuy did when the passion of the christ was released.....we were selling it for 11 bucks if you signed up for 8 weeks of entertainment weekly (free) and 8 weeks of sports illustrated (free) we're doing something similar with Star Wars :-D but not for 11 bucks....but cheaper than anywhere else will have it i'm sure.
  19. MoronDude Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Janky, buddy... how much can you get these DVDs for with your discount?
  20. Jankarakk FanForce CR Southern Nevada FF

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    well with the price they're selling them for with the 2 free 8 week subscriptions is probably cheaper than what i could get it for with my discount because passion of the christ was being sold for cheaper than what my discount would get me really.
  21. DarthDarkstar Jedi Master

star 4
    Well then the real question is... how much is it going to be with the subscription thing?
  22. Jankarakk FanForce CR Southern Nevada FF

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    it's a secret :D but i will tell you this much....it's cheaper than 50....and i don't mean 49.99
  23. JediMasterRevan Jedi Youngling

star 4
    When does Best Buy open at I'm going to try and get it tomorrow before school?
  24. Luminara_Jade Jedi Master

star 4
    i did that entertainment weekly free subscription thing (to get a discount off a movie) from suncoast and it took like 4 weeks until after i canceled it before they stopped sending them, and then they wanted to charge me a buttload of money for the ones i got that i didnt' want.
  25. Talon_Wolfe Jedi Master

star 4
    Costco will have them for $43.38
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.