main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official Star Wars Rebels Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by KED12345, Apr 4, 2013.

1. DarkRula

DarkRula Jedi Master star 3

Feb 3, 2015
    Wasn't so much as scaring her off as making her feel as though her work in the franchise was pointless.
    All in a single episode.
    If that doesn't make someone think twice, I don't know what will.

2. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I thought they shared the same anti-Jedi sentiments?

I assume you all are talking about the Mando portrayal, although I don't know which single episode you're discussing.

3. DarkRula

DarkRula Jedi Master star 3

Feb 3, 2015
    Replace Ahsoka with Bardan Jusik [and to a lesser extent Etain] and that statement would fit the Republic Commando series perfectly.
    As for the episode of The Clone Wars, you on;y have to look at the very first one featuring Mandalore to see the glaringly ovbious differences between Traviss' vision and that of the TV series.

4. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
  5. redlightning

redlightning Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 1, 2014
    I wonder does Ashoka believe that the Jedi really did betray the Republic? Does she seek not to help restore the Jedi order and only to create insurgents to fight for the Rebellion?

6. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Probably both - if Filoni's idea of a Ronin I would assume is based on the legend of the 47 Ronin or something like this and not a generalized Ronin which was really a desirable or honorable label or position. Was not like Tano killed herself after the Jedi were wiped out or chose instead of that she hired her skills out to anybody for money.

7. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    It would make no sense to me for her to try to restore the Order when she spent a couple of the final TCW episodes complaining about it.

I'm going with creating insurgents.

cwustudent and jabberwalkie like this.
  8. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000

Your probably right but the thing is, she said she broke protocol because of Ezra, so why would she not try and train him, or even Kanan at the very least. It would make no sense otherwise

9. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Well, it would make sense, to help recreate the Jedi Order which she appears to have been behind Hera pushing Kanan to become a Jedi and to take an apprentice. Jedi can be insurgents, its not like the two are cancel the other out either. The surviving Jedi would be naturally more aggressive as a consequence of the Sith/darkside influence and the Clone Wars.

"If they[Jedi] are not all destroyed, it will be civil war without end." - Sidious

But of course you had some that could've became fearful like Kanan or could've switched sides, so there is different scenerios for different Jedi out there as far as which path they take.

Its unclear whether Tano and Bail are in contact with Yoda, but Yoda is taking an interest and watching events so its non inconceivable. Tano also featured heavily in Yoda's conscious in season 6 arc, so him working with her could be his way of making things right.

Kenobi regrets not training Luke due to the uncle, but why didnt he raise Luke to be a youngling/padawan but instead Lucas has Kenobi take him to complete strangers to be raised and who would say whether or not Kenobi would train him to be a Jedi. Why would Owen even know Anakin went bad, he seems to have disliked and feared the father and generally, Jedi Knights and that way of life when there is nothing in the PT or TCW to make that so.

But its possible Tano could have ulterior motives, but I can't really imagine Filoni making her bad or anything like that - she could ally herself with nefarious characters like Maul as they share a common enemy but she's surely the most contemporary Jedi warrior on the series and she's morally in the correct alignment.

10. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I think there's a line between "the Order does not need to be recreated" and aligning oneself with the Sith too.

Darth_Pevra and thatotherjedi like this.
  11. thatotherjedi

thatotherjedi Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 6, 2015
    I think Yoda's comments in Sacrifice suggest that the rebuilding of the Jedi Order was going to begin with Skywalker,

Ashoka has her hands full with the insurgency against the Empire.

I agree. It will be interesting to see her post-66 perspective on the Jedi Order. I'm hoping for a Kanan-Ashoka team up episode that addresses this issue.

? How did you arrive at this conclusion? Her interest in Ezra began after he made his liberation transmission, at no time did she ever mention his status as a Force-user, "He (kanan) wanted to give them hope. Well, he was successful. But if you are caught, if Ezra is caught, that hope will die. To protect your unit, to protect Ezra, you must stop your search for Kanan and go into hiding."

12. daniel brown

daniel brown Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 23, 2015
    Why do people keep saying that Clone Wars was childish in season 1 and Rebels is but will improve over time when Clone Wars was first released in 2008 when Lucasfilm didn't know their target audience. Clone Wars became darker as it progressed because Lucasfilm realized that older people were more into it. It is 2015 and Disney are always going to keep Rebels childish because they don't realize that Star Wars's target audience is older people who liked Clone Wars. Disney just really p**s me off because they deliberatly make a show that appeals to children just because they are known for making children stuff. Lucasfilm should never have handed Star Wars over to them because Disney are just going to destroy the franchise and are just focusing on the OT timeperiod when most people are interseted in Clone Wars time

Rant over

13. SatineNaberrie

SatineNaberrie Jedi Master star 4

Jan 28, 2014
    "We hates Star Wars Rebels, yessssss preciousssss"

I didn't like what I saw in the show. The clip with Sabine goofing off and the Stormtroopers shooting and missing is stupid.

14. thatotherjedi

thatotherjedi Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 6, 2015
    Apparently there were limits to the darkness...

[​IMG]

=(( That would've been awesome!!!

thejeditraitor likes this.
  15. daniel brown

Apr 23, 2015
    Rebels would never do something like this. It is just too childish and Ezra and Zeb are so cringe

16. Sandtrooper956

Sandtrooper956 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 15, 2015
    I wonder where his head went? Do you think it became one with the force?

podjazd and thatotherjedi like this.
  17. Sandtrooper956

Feb 15, 2015
    And here we go again...... "Since when have Stormtroopers ever hit anything?"

18. Sandtrooper956

Feb 15, 2015
    So what happened to Aresko and Grint?
    Edit: Sorry for tripple posting :/

thejeditraitor likes this.
  19. pepoluan

pepoluan Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 4, 2015
    ALL the stories still being directed by Lucasfilm Story Group.

Filoni himself had said, in FTW Comics, that as the crew wraps up Clone Wars, they all realized that Clone Wars had gotten too intense. It keeps getting dark and grim and are no longer 'fun' like the Star Wars Movies.

Their decision to 'lighten' the mood of SWR is consciously taken, and came of Lucasfilm itself.

That said, SWR still have its dark moments. Almost onscreen beheading, onscreen torture, onscreen murders, and many other emotionally intense moments.

Sent from my Xperia SP using Tapatalk

20. daniel brown

Apr 23, 2015
    Sandtrooper956 Well that is probably the only adult thing but apart from that it is still childish

21. Sandtrooper956

Feb 15, 2015
    THANK YOU! It seems like almost no one ever realizes this.

thejeditraitor and Darth_Voider like this.
  22. daniel brown

Apr 23, 2015
    pepoluan I know but compared to Clone Wars it just isn't as violent and i'm not saying that there should be loads of violence but that darker tone just makes it so much better and in Rebels Ezra and Zeb make witty remarks when they are technically in the middle of a war

23. Sow

Sow Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 2, 2015
    Because in TCW Ahsoka and Anakin or Obi weren't goofing around while flying near gigantic stingrays that could end them with one bite, or being in the middle of the battle, or pretty much in every other dangerous situation. And no, there weren't any funny remarks in serious situations in new trilogy (i.e. mocking grevious on the beggining of episode III) or even the old one (Almost every Han Solo scene).
    I know that now we treat it more seriously because we're older but it's the same thing like with all those super-hero comics movies. They were made initially for kids - OT was kinda family movie, you know, a little bit of downfall but then the good ones win against overwhelming odds and big scary planet destroyer is wrecked by few people (ok, ep 6 involved few more because some were distracting them), and almighty powerful sith who fought in hundreds of battles lose fight to guy who trained for about few months, and after killing many younglings without hesitation and living dark evil life for years decide to sacrifice himself for his son... But now those kids who have watched this back then grow older and demand realism and logic in all that.

Vthuil and anakinfansince1983 like this.
  24. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Wait a damn minute...adults are not supposed to enjoy witty remarks?

I'll take a large "**** that" with my juice box and graham crackers under my blanket fort, thanks.

starfish, fett 4, Vthuil and 2 others like this.
  25. Saga Explorer

Saga Explorer Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 14, 2015
    So what did I miss out besides Ahsoka/Vader arguments and fanservice or not ... ?