main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official Star Wars Rebels Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by KED12345, Apr 4, 2013.

1. podjazd

podjazd Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 16, 2013
    Yeah, that's really frustrating. They skipped SDCC and D23 and I really don't understand why. Sure, Disney is busy with TFA, but Rebels team isn't. What's with all this secrecy?

Knight Wolf likes this.
  2. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    None.

Davak24 likes this.
  3. Kualan

Kualan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 4, 2008
    I really doubt we will see anyone from Rebels in 'Rogue One' - not even as a background cameo. However, we might get some ILM-style easter eggs relating to the show. Really subtle background stuff that a bored special effects guy might put in - the Ghost at the back of a crowded hangar, Aurebesh on a Rebel computer screen that mentions Captain Syndulla, maybe a bit of Sabine-style graffiti somewhere, etc.

4. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    I've never seen a novel call her that - it was Leia Organa without exception.

That said, for her birth name, the RoTS Visual Dictionary did call her "Leia Amidala Skywalker" suggesting that even if Padme didn't change her own name, the Skywalker name still ended up on her children at least, before adoption.

Regarding Rebels - it'll be interesting to see how much use, if any, live action media makes of Rebels-related info.

5. Knight Wolf

Knight Wolf Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 6, 2014
    I understand the necessity of keeping some things a secret. But the release date? What’s so spoilery about that? I’m beginning to wonder if Disney even knows when Rebels will air yet?

podjazd likes this.
  6. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    Leia Amidala Skywalker? First time I've seen that. Unless the author gave the same respect to Luke Amidala Skywalker, then:

[​IMG]

7. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Amidala was not her(Padme's) real name either, it was honorary regal name/title/public name Padme went by during her stint as Queen of Naboo, she went back to her real name outside that office and during her time as a Senator. So there would be no reason for Leia to start using Amidala unless she too held office on Naboo or for some reason adopted the former title of her real mother out've some form of decorum .

8. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    I recall her being consistently referred to as "Senator Padme Amidala".

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  9. Mr. Loth Cat

Mr. Loth Cat Jedi Padawan star 1

Feb 4, 2015
  10. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014

The wook says this

Padmé Naberrie, known publicly as Padmé Amidala,

11. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
    I think the closest real life example we have is Pope Emeritus Benedict. Even though he's no longer pope, he's not going by Cardinal Joseph Ratzinger anymore.

Iron_lord, Knight Wolf and cwustudent like this.
  12. cwustudent

Apr 25, 2011
  13. starfish

starfish Chosen One star 5

Oct 9, 2003
    I don't expect any of the rebels characters to show up in Rogue One, but it would be really cool if Hera or any of the others made an appearance. Or likewise it would be neat if some of the Rogue One characters appears in rebels, perhaps in season 3.

14. Tackelberry

Tackelberry Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 28, 2014
    The next two episodes are being shown at NYCC which is in October, so my guess is we won't see Season 2 until late October/early November.

15. Sandtrooper956

Sandtrooper956 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 15, 2015
    Which also means this place will be a spoiler mess.... Why cant they just show them to everyone at the same time? They already did that for the premiere.....

podjazd likes this.
  16. Tackelberry

Tackelberry Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 28, 2014

No they didn't. They showed it at Celebration, a good month or so before the actual premiere. This is probably the same way.

17. Sandtrooper956

Sandtrooper956 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 15, 2015
    That's what I meant :/

18. cwustudent

Apr 25, 2011
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...g-digitally-recreated-new-spin-Rogue-One.html

Rebels has featured Tarkin, and hopefully will again. Rogue One will have a more realistic visual depiction of Tarkin. I hope Stephen Stanton provides his voice. I wonder if this relates to Gary Whitta's work on Rebels. [face_thinking]

Edit: This confused me though: "'This is one of the most complex and costly CGI re-creations ever. Cushing is a pivotal plot line as he was the one to create Darth Vader and there's a whole back story that will come out.'"

19. King Joker

King Joker Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 13, 2014
    A digital Peter Cushing? Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaattt??

TK-421 Is vader and podjazd like this.
  20. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    He is the one who creates Darth Vader? Curious yet interesting. Is Tarkin the mentor of Vader shortly after ROTS?

More likely this news is just junk.

thejeditraitor likes this.
  21. cwustudent

Apr 25, 2011
    Junk, I hope. Unless Tarkin had been grooming him. Did Tarkin see the same potential that Palpatine did? To be fair, maybe Tarkin had a greater hand in Anakin's transformation than we know.

22. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    Yea, that's what I meant. And I think he did realize Anakin's potential and I am pretty sure he knew right from the get-go that Vader and Anakin are the same person.

23. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
  24. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    In the EU, it was hinted that Tarkin knew Anakin and Vader were the same person.

25. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    The EU (and the recent Tarkin novel) tended to go more with "Tarkin strongly suspects" than "Vader or the Emperor have told him outright".

That said, shortly before TPM came out, The Visual Dictionary:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Star_Wars:_The_Visual_Dictionary

portrayed Vader as someone who'd clawed his way up through Imperial ranks, with Tarkin's sponsorship, to become Tarkin's right hand man.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.