main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official Star Wars Rebels Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by KED12345, Apr 4, 2013.

1. CT1138

CT1138 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2013
    Heheh, yeah, the threads can get kinda mixed up sometimes. I know I do that on occasion (post a spoiler in a non spoiler thread). :D

Vorax likes this.
  2. chris1982

chris1982 Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 17, 2015
    But fifth Brother doesn't seem to care as much about Ahsoka as the seventh sister.

Ryan Hunt likes this.
  3. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    Dinos4Ever

Whether it says spoilers allowed or not all major spoilers must be tagged. And that goes for things in future episodes as well until said episode airs.

So things like...

The name of Sabine's sister/relative should be tagged until the episode where she is revealed for example airs. [/spoilers]

4. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    I'm still unclear about the spoiler issue.

The rules state "All LFL released information/images are not spoiler material." Which means that, as best I can tell, anything in the trailer is fair game. We should be allowed -- especially in a dedicated 'spoilers allowed' thread -- to discuss and speculate freely about anything we just saw in there. Now, anything mentioned by the show's producers during the panel should warrant a spoiler tag, sure. But the trailer (and anything in it) is fair game, right?

If not, I'm still not sure which rule is being cited. Not trying to be a Mod when I'm not one, but as far as I remember back during the TCW years, once the trailers dropped officially, there was no longer any need for a tag.

5. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
  6. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    That's true. But the reason I asked for spoiler tags in regards to the newest trailer was because there were a couple things regarding Sabine and Ezra and their families that were spoilers. Pretty big ones in fact. The other stuff in the trailer was fine though.

But yeah, okay. It's been almost two days since the trailer came out so spoiler tag major things outside of this thread in regards to characters and what was revealed about them. But if something spoilery comes up at new York Comic Con then tag it. Even here. And that goes for future episodes until everyone has seen them too. Though I don't know if the Disney XD week ahead online episode will be avaliable this time around.

Trebor Sabreon and cwustudent like this.
  7. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    Man, listen: I'm so excited to see Mandalorian traditions and concepts -- things such as "I seek justice through single combat" and the use of "Clan ____" and "House ______" -- show up in the show. As an avowed 'fandalorian,' it makes me really happy to see these kind of things brought into the canon. And I have no doubt that we have Filoni to thank for that. Dave's not perfect (who is?), but let's be honest, the guy is knowledgeable about the old EU and he has demonstrated for years now that he's interested in using some of the better EU concepts in his shows. I think that's awesome. [face_cowboy]

Now if he would just go above George Lucas' head (something I would never normally stump for) and show us somehow that Boba Fett truly is Mando! :D Too bad he's confirmed...
    No Boba Fett in Season 2.
    Oh, well.

As for House Vizsla showing up? I think it's awesome. Over the years, I grew to love that nasty bastard Pre Vizsla and I'm happy to see that his legacy hasn't been forgotten. Once again, another nice touch by David. And discovering that Wren herself is a part of House Vizsla in some way was so unexpected and so cool.

If there was any Lothal rebel who desperately needed some attention; some real TLC; in becoming an actual character with some real depth, it was surely Sabine. So I'm awfully glad to see that this is being remedied.

And any time we can see glorious Mandalore and her people on-screen, I'm a happy, happy boy. :p

I just really, really hope that the Mandos will be presented as really strong opponents for the Lothal rebels. Like that shot of Sabine getting ready to do battle with that blonde, Vizsla-looking guy (2:09)? Sabine will obviously defeat him. We know that. It's just how this show generally kind of rolls.

But I hope that this guy (whoever the heck he is) puts up the challenge of a lifetime and goes down fighting.

----------

When we see a new trailer, episode, film, etc., I usually like to give my initial thoughts in a kind of +- kind of way. I love me some Star Wars. And I'll say this: For quite some time now, whenever we get something new, it's usually pretty darn good stuff.

But let's be honest, nothing's ever perfect

Let's see...

- Looking back, other than that unfortunate, overly dramatic, "Let's bathe Ahsoka in angelic white light" moment (Jeez, enough with this stuff, man. Please. She's not the kriffing Chosen One, Dave. :rolleyes:), I thought the trailer was absolutely brilliant. It geared me up for Season 2 even more than I already was.

But otherwise?

+ I think Ahsoka's detective story line looks like it is going to be pretty cool. Kind of like Obi-Wan acting in a similar role in Episode II. After that shared-Force-connection moment Tano and Vader experienced, a part of me thinks she should already know Anakin is Vader. So... I guess she's just looking for confirmation of what she already knows in her heart? It's gonna be a sad/glorious moment when she is faced with the cold, hard truth of the matter.

+ And whatever world the Kanan/Tano vs. the Inquisitors duel takes place on looks absolutely gorgeous to me. The surrounding buildings? Beautiful. I'm awfully glad to see that some more time and effort ($$$) has been put into lighting/background/etc. this season. Hopefully this is a sign that, in the finest of TCW traditions, Rebels will continue to look better and better each season.

+ Rex, Rex, Rex! He Looks great. Of course he does! And his "I would never be on their side" line was illuminating (and chilling, too). I mean, in a very real sense, Rex and his brothers are the precursor to the Stormtrooper Corp. And almost of all of his aforementioned brothers are responsible for killing the Jedi and turning the GFFA into a tyrannical Empire. Those Stormtroopers Rex so clearly despises? They're family, Rex. Look in the mirror, Rex. It's got to weigh really, really heavily on Rex and Wolffe (it looks as though Gregor already snapped). Looks like a terrific angle to pursue, writers.

+ The older fella standing there (2:25) as Sidious can be heard discussing "...other lost Jedi"? What's his deal? Is he a Jedi who had survived the purge (before the Inquisitors got 'em -- as I get the feeling may wind up happening)? Pretty darned cool.

+ The revelation about Ezra's parents? Does this mean they survived, then? We didn't get an answer to that, per se. But it does kind of feel that way, yeah?

+ As to Ezra, himself? It sure looks like he's advancing along his path. More powerful. More confident and assured. As I said last season, when Bridger was first unveiled, I wouldn't have put any Republic credits on me ever becoming a real fan of his character. But sometime around the middle of the season, something unexpected happened: I found myself becoming really interested in his story. And nowadays -- believe it or not -- Ezra's path might just be my favorite story element. Yeah, I know, I know. But what can I say? The kid really grew on me. [face_dunno] Sue me. Be a pirate Jedi, Ezra.

+ An Interdictor-class Star Destroyer!?! What was I saying about Filoni taking some of the better EU ideas and getting them canonized? Awesome. Still, every single time I read or see another EU element or character introduced into the canon, as happy as it makes me to see it happen, a part of me still wants to know why "this" or "that" is "in," but I can't enjoy the thrill of seeing my favorite EU character (Ben Skywalker) canonized. And that really stinks! Anyway, Interdictors! Yay!

+ The Inquisitors are continuing to fulfill Vader's earlier mandate to the Grand Inquisitor by seeking out the Children of the Force.TM This should prove most interesting.

+ A B-wing prototype. Cool. Wait, wait, wait a minute... that's how they fire their guns? Aw, man! Why couldn't we have seen that in Return of the Jedi?!? :p

It was just... it was just great. I cannot wait for the season to begin.

Gotcha. And hey, I wasn't trying to be a pain in the butt. Just... trying to be sure.

Thank you for hearing me out and taking the time to reply. I genuinely appreciate your efforts. :)

8. Fandalorian

Fandalorian Jedi Master star 3

Apr 18, 2015
    Because their pridefull and have no reason to hide their awesomeness?.

Actually yes! among other things Mando culture is inspired by the Celts, according to Traviss.

As for the trailer, wow! i am so pumped for season 2. Especially all the Sabine stuff.
    Finally the obvious is revealed. Ezra's parents ARE alive. and Seventh Sister
    is NOT Barris. Seriously how could anyone doubt these things?.

9. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    No problem. And thanks for making sure I'm up on my game with this whole modding business. :) But trust me your not a pain.

Let's get back to talking about Rebels. :)

Trebor Sabreon likes this.
  10. CT1138

Sep 4, 2013
    Seems like a really bad idea, to me. Like, what if somebody else comes after you? They know your name, your culture, and your profession, That's easily enough information to hire a hit.

Wow! Didn't know that!

11. Fandalorian

Fandalorian Jedi Master star 3

Apr 18, 2015
    Yeah i guess, but have you seen John Wick?. It's kinda like that. All the Hutt's
    and Black Sun know better than to mess with Boba or Cad Bane.
    You don't provoke the boogieman. Many bounty hunters have a rep like that.

12. thatotherjedi

thatotherjedi Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 6, 2015
    because she wants her victims to know who is about going kick their....

Seriously, did you check out that blade she swings around? and I think that kick-ass starship is hers too!

13. CT1138

Sep 4, 2013
    It's not the victims I'd be worried about. It's the victim's buddies.

14. Darthmaul208

Darthmaul208 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 29, 2013
  15. H-BOMB

H-BOMB Jedi Master star 3

Feb 21, 2009
    Very interesting!

What just occurred to me, and I don't know if it occurred to anyone else, but Sabine's bounty hunter friend may not be directly related to her. Because of Clan customs she could be a far more distant relation, so its another interesting facet to consider.

16. DarthTalgus

DarthTalgus Force Ghost star 4

Sep 3, 2012
  17. Starwarsfan9000

Starwarsfan9000 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 24, 2012
    podjazd and Trebor Sabreon like this.
  18. Sandtrooper956

Sandtrooper956 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 15, 2015
  19. Darthmaul208

Darthmaul208 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 29, 2013
    Perhaps but from the title I got the opposite. Maybe it will be a misdirection. Didn't the Mandalorians of old have a blood connection? I'm sure there was something like that.

20. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    so does that mean
    there is some guy called House Vizsla?

cwustudent likes this.
  21. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    You mean like Hugh Laurie?

22. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014

Sure because it seems like
    That house is a name of a man and not a thing on Mandalore

23. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Shae in Gaelic means courteous. Shae is Hebrew means supplanter. Shae in Indian means hawk or hawk-like.

24. moonjump05

moonjump05 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 14, 2013
    Shae makes me think of Game of Thrones. Hopefully, this character isn't so hateable.

25. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    I suppose the "pirate Jedi" is Filoni's nod to the Pittsburgh Pirates.

TheSilentInfluence likes this.