main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official Star Wars Rebels Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by KED12345, Apr 4, 2013.

1. appleseed

appleseed Chosen One star 5

Dec 5, 2002
    There were still a few clones in the Empire by the time of ANH, right? Isn't the joke that the Stormtrooper who hit his head on the door was a clone and he inherited the tendency to not duck from Jango?

2. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    Thank you for understanding.

He has a comic about that.

But wouldn't they be really old? I think most if not all stormtroopers are not clones but random men and woman serving the Empire.

3. MandoArtist

MandoArtist Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2015
    Funny enough, Jango hits his head when he is walking into the Slave 1 after fighting Obi Wan.

sarlaccsaurs-rex and appleseed like this.
  4. moonjump05

moonjump05 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 14, 2013
    From what I understand lurking the Lit forums, current canon does have a few clones serving as of the OT(clones that would have been a fetus during TCW, some of the very last ones produced). Emphasis on a few, most are recruits.

Trebor Sabreon likes this.
  5. appleseed

appleseed Chosen One star 5

Dec 5, 2002
    Yeah, that was supposed to be a reference to the Stormtrooper scene.

6. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    I do miss the feeling of the galactic conflict/scale that TCW had, compared to Rebels. One of the reasons why I feel once Rebels is done, the next series should be set in a galactic conflict in the old republic era, or post-RoTJ. Preferably ToR era because it gives the writers more freedom to do things.

7. darthzac14

darthzac14 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    There is a Jango Fett clone stormtrooper in Smuggler's Run which is post-ANH. Do we absolutely know based on what Pablo had said when clone production stopped? If it wasn't until the end of the war then some could still be in service.

8. Stymi

Stymi Force Ghost star 4

Jan 10, 2002
    He's totally still crushing on her...how is that not obvious?

9. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    Thank you for the tip, I will definitely check this out. :)

10. Darth_Harmon

Darth_Harmon Jedi Master star 4

Jul 4, 2005
    Is it just me, or has Rebels season 2 sort of lost steam in the media. Last season I felt that each week the series was being excitedly reported on and there were some really cool surprise cameos that got a lot of press. This season, especially the past few episodes, haven't received much by way of reporting. I mean, the episodes have been good, but the new inquisitor, Sabine's friend, a B-Wing, and Rex in Stormtrooper armor haven't really done much to spark media excitement.

11. StarWarsFreak93

StarWarsFreak93 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2015
    You can kinda blame it on TFA hogging the SW media attention. To many, Rebels is just a blip on the radar. To me, each episode is like looking forward to TFA. I wish it's gain more traction amongst fans. It's a shame it gets such little attention.

MandaloreRex2015 likes this.
  12. Darth_Harmon

Darth_Harmon Jedi Master star 4

Jul 4, 2005
    I think they missed an opportunity to give us a Rebels episode with a tie to The Force Awakens before the film releases. Nothing major, but maybe an appearance of Poe's parents (this isn't a spoiler, they're in the Shattered Empire comics) or an appearance from General Hux's father/grandfather (a Hux is in the Servents of the Empire junior novels).

13. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    Filoni is going through the garbage can in the TFA meetings and using unused art on the show. That not good enough? :p

14. thatotherjedi

thatotherjedi Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 6, 2015
    The first part of Season 2 seems to be focused around character development of Kanan, Ezra, Hera and Sabine developing their past (never enough) and motivations for fighting against the Rebellion. Most people would say that Relics of the Republic was "better" than Clone Commanders, but it is the development of characters (Rex and Kanan primarily) in Clone Commanders that provides the battles in Relics with context and makes the action meaningful to the audience. With an abbreviated first season there was a lot of heavy-lifting (character-wise) to be done in Season 2. So sit back and enjoy the ride, I'm pretty sure Season 2 will be remembered for the the last 5 minutes of the Season finale anyways.

Thematically it doesn't work. TFA and the series is based around the Skywalker saga. Rebels joins the Anthology films in developing the non-Skywalker universe. Mixing the two for marketing reasons would work against the attempt to develop a wider-universe. Mixing it up with Rogue One though....

Very smart guy. TFA has spent millions in art development for the movie with some pretty good ideas probably not making it to the screen. Rebels has a small budget and probably could never afford to develop the assets on their own.

Watto likes this.
  15. sarlaccsaurs-rex

sarlaccsaurs-rex Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 10, 2007

Tartakovsky did the same thing with AOTC and ROTS art.

16. moonjump05

Dec 14, 2013
    Don't we usually get the other preview for the weekly episode by now?

Sandtrooper956 likes this.
  17. pronker

pronker Force Ghost star 4

Jan 28, 2007
    Caught up with watching all eps now and reading the comments here, agreeing with some criticisms, but mainly when watching the show, I think, "Aren't the clouds animated prettily?"

I'm looking forward to some more Mandalorian exposure, the information Ahsoka uncovers and the fate of her and Rex, and the ongoing development of Kanan's mastering his role as Master.

18. Knight Wolf

Knight Wolf Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 6, 2014

Here ya go:

19. MandoArtist

Nov 12, 2015
    Guessing Sabine had to shoot up another poor Imperial landing zone to get that shuttle.

The Stormtroopers there probably hate their lives.

20. Sandtrooper956

Sandtrooper956 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 15, 2015
    It may just be me, but this scene feels very rushed. It feels a little odd to me.

21. jabberwalkie

jabberwalkie Jedi Master star 4

Dec 2, 2014
    "How is it that the Empire keeps letting us steal these things?"
    "Oh? I thought it was the same one we used before."
    [face_rofl]
    Rex, never change.

22. moonjump05

Dec 14, 2013
    [face_laugh]

This episode... is Rex doing a crab walk? HAHAHAHAHA! Kanan is going to pout the entire time, too.

23. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    And to expand further on this rabbit trail.

I am worried we will never see a Galactic scale conflict (and the action of said war) again animation wise in the future. Disney will be more focused on putting money into the new films/spin offs, that the budget that Rebels has,is really all we are going to get.

Not only that, but I see future shows being made in the "shadow" of the films and not really expanding much on new territory. Because they want to cash in on the audience going to see their new films, I expect another Rebels (or New Republic) vs Empire in either the OT or post-RoTJ eras, getting the benefit to use previous models from Rebels and focusing on a small cast, not visiting that many vivid locations, and keeping the action small.

For me personally I feel that Star Wars TV should instead be taken on directions that the Star Wars franchise hasn't explored, to help separate it from other works of star wars, while adding more life to the franchise with a new setting and characters.

If I had it my way next series would be

Star Wars: Rise of Darkness

Set during the Hundred Year Darkness (part of the old canon but it was briefly mentioned in a new star wars comic) between Jedi vs Dark Jedi (other factions can appear like the Old Republic, etc). While the new films would be focused in a time in which there are almost no Jedi, and not many darkside users, this era is full of them. Great to see a younger "old republic" and to see an ancient version of the Old Jedi Order again. The visuals would be different then what we have seen before since this is set in the GFFA of the far past. This time also has the advantage of barley appearing in the old canon, giving us something fresh. Having an all new cast, with no characters from the OT/PT appearing I think would be a benefit if done right.

If well made, it could be Disneys "KoToR", further creating more works during this horrible 100 years of conflict and having a lot of freedom to tell amazing stories since this era is set so long ago compared to the films.

Sadly this is all a dream, Disney is not going to take the franchise in all new eras (besides post-RoTJ) like the old canon did, I believe they want their works to stay in "familiarity" while keeping their animated works in a decant budget.

I wish I could see ancient conflicts on screen, and the old Jedi Order partaking in a war besides the Clone Wars.

Maybe there could be a video game about it...........

24. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    *Sighs*

another TCW 2.0 episode with Rex in. Think I'll give this one a miss.

25. MandoArtist

Nov 12, 2015
    People hate Rebels for not being like TCW, not people don't like it because it's TCW 2.0?

People don't know what they want.