main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official Star Wars Rebels Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by KED12345, Apr 4, 2013.

1. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    But the same hat.

2. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011

Don't ya know that hat is like Filoni's super hero costume or the inverse of Clark Kent's glasses. I betcha if he took it off and got on screen we'd all be left wondering, "Who the hell is this guy?"

VanishingReality and eht13 like this.
  3. darkchrono

darkchrono Jedi Master star 4

May 23, 2005
    I was sure that I would someday see Filoni without that hat on and find out he was bald. But nope, he just likes the hat.

4. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    It was even lampshaded in the series. During the Hardeen arc, when Anakin and Ahsoka are landing on Nal Hutta, ahsoka looks out the window and sees bane boarding a ship. She is like "look it's Cad Bane!" Then Anakin is like "How'd you know" and she just says... "who else wears a hat like that?" Dun-Dun-Dunnnnnnn!!

5. Narutakikun

Narutakikun Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 8, 2012
  6. JediGirl_Angelina

JediGirl_Angelina Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jan 12, 2003
    Yep, it's posted on page 111. ;)

Can't wait to see it! (on Youtube :( )

7. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    LOL, sometimes I wonder if what we all assume was supposed to be an Indiana Jones fedora in the shop in the Hardeen arc was actually a Filoni cowboy hat.

cwustudent likes this.
  8. my kind of scum

my kind of scum Force Ghost star 4

Mar 4, 2002
    I thought that Oyelowe (did I spell that even close to correctly?) was confirmed for Rebels voice work.

9. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012

Don't think so. There hasn't been any official announcement from Lucasfilm about it. Only rumours. Unless I've missed the confirmation.

10. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    BTW, the teaser is only 15 seconds long. But other new "stuff" will be shown at New York Comic Con the following weekend.

purplerain likes this.
  11. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011

Remember when he wore the beanie for the Fugitive arc commentary? I thought he was depressed or something, like we were seeing the first step toward the dark side.

By the end of S6 he would have been doing the commentaries in a dark hooded robe, with half his pale, veiny, drawn face covered with the hood.

12. purplerain

purplerain Jedi Knight star 4

Sep 14, 2013
    How competent will the Empire be?

13. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    In.

purplerain likes this.
  14. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011

Maybe with the end of TCW comes a new beginning, so he'll need a new hat so next time we see him we'll think he's actually Greg Wiesman. Hey wait a minute!

15. purplerain

Sep 14, 2013
    I wonder if the Trade Federation still exists.

16. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Depends on whether Palpatine has any use for them.

I'm going with no.

17. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Maybe that's why people liked the Empire so much -- no more semi-neutral BS. Folks got so sick and tired of hearing how all those bazillion TF-type companies were on a different side each week that they'd accept any totalitarian regime in a heartbeat.

18. Mia Mesharad

Mia Mesharad Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    [​IMG]

Gunray's replacement, Sentepeth Findos, was forced into signing a peace treaty with the Galactic Empire. The Empire annexed the Federation, taking control of the organization and its assets.

19. purplerain

Sep 14, 2013
    Considering how unexpected the Trade Federation's "neutrality" in TCW was, I wouldn't be so sure that they'll follow that.

podjazd likes this.
  20. Darth Valkyrus

Apr 12, 2013
    My guess is the big Republic-loyal corporations stayed around and became major Imperial contractors. We know for a fact that Kuat, Sienar, Rendili, Cygnus, Corellian Engineering, Blastech etc. all continued to prosper under the Empire and received lots of work from it.

Those that had sided with the CIS were likely broken up. Some of their assets may have been sold off (or simply stripped and transferred) to the aforementioned Empire loyal companies.

purplerain likes this.
  21. Mia Mesharad

Mia Mesharad Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    Consider the nature of the Empire, though. While Chancellor Palpatine may have had his hands tied by political loopholes that allow the Federation to be an enemy of the state and a neutral party at the same time, Emperor Palpatine is beholden to no such nonsense. The Federation was an enemy, they have valuable assets that would be of use to the growing Empire. Capture, conquest, and annexation is all but assured under the Empire. The only other option is wasteful, outright annihilation. Palpatine is pragmatic evil, after all.

22. Poor Greedo

Poor Greedo Jedi Master star 2

Nov 6, 2012
    Not to mention once a new hope arrives, ol Palps has dissolved the senate completely and has given the regional governors direct control of their systems. I imagine there would be no need of a trade federation considering all things of value have now become property of our (sorry, THE) empire.

23. Lazy Storm Trooper

Lazy Storm Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Sep 18, 2012
    I have a question. Is the show going to be TCW style animation?

24. Poor Greedo

Poor Greedo Jedi Master star 2

Nov 6, 2012
    No one really knows. I've heard it's based on Ralph Mcquarries art style but that can mean so much

25. Darth Valkyrus

Apr 12, 2013
    Something like it. It's confirmed that it's going to be 3d CGI animation of some description, but it's also said that it's going to be based off of Ralph McQuarrie's original art. So I'm not sure what exactly it will be like, stylistically.