main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official Star Wars Rebels Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by KED12345, Apr 4, 2013.

1. McRowdy

McRowdy Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 19, 2010
    From what I've heard he couldn't stop himself because something in that episode shuts his connection to the force down. Thats just what I've heard.

2. MandaloreRex2015

MandaloreRex2015 Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 3, 2015
    Sounds to me like the recanonization of the ysalamiri if that's true. Unlikely, but a possibility nonetheless.

3. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
    But what gets me, though, is that it looks like the Interdictor crusiers are now canon, therefore able to simulate a gravity well and pull ships, yet the Millennium Falcon was able to enter Starkiller Base's atmosphere at lightspeed (the only way to get through the shields). [face_thinking]

4. MandoArtist

MandoArtist Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2015
    We'll, to possible that an Interdictor just wasn't among the First Orders fleet.

5. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014

True, but the point of the interdictor that it was supposed to simulate a gravity-well, like a planet. Even if the First Order didn't have any Interdictor cruisers, Starkiller Base itself should have yanked the Falcon out of lightspeed before it reached the atmosphere.

The only potential explanation is that between the OT and TFA, hyperdrives were improved so that gravity wells wouldn't pull ships out of lightspeed any more.

6. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I'm necroing an old post here but I am behind by two episodes because Protector of Concord Dawn was not on Amazon Instant Video 24 hours post-Disney XD-airing the way it has been. I have not checked this week; the timing was the same as the issues people were having with season passes. I buy episodes individually. Is Amazon Instant Video still airing them?

7. jabberwalkie

jabberwalkie Jedi Master star 4

Dec 2, 2014
    A few days is hardly a necro. ;)

Yes Amazon Instant Video still has them.... But they have split the season into two separate halves. So the latest two episodes are on the second half (Season 301). Not sure if this will work, but I'll link the second half below.

http://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...dv_web_yvl_list_pr_0_ba?ie=UTF8&redirect=true

Since you mentioned that you are buying the episodes individually and not on a season pass, then this should be less of an issue for you. Prices are the same IIRC, but they just split the season up into two halves. Yes I think it is dumb as hell they way the marketed it, and they should have had this as Season 202 and not 301.....

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  8. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Thanks, that link worked. And I now have a better idea of how to pull it up on my Roku, I think I was still looking under season 201.

I'll catch up later today.

jabberwalkie likes this.
  9. ARC_RC-7567

ARC_RC-7567 Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 22, 2015
    I think the Interdictor pulls ships out of hyperspace because the gravity wells target the ships. They even state at one point that the gravity wells had locked onto the other Imperial ships, implying that locking on is required. I guess normal planetary gravity doesn't have the same effect? And if that's not it, to be fair, the Interdictor is meant to pull ships out of hyperspace that are going somewhere else or leaving, they aren't meant to pull ships out of hospice heading straight towards them.

PCCViking likes this.
  10. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    There is no way to know the ships are traveling in hyperspace at that particular moment in time to begin with, for them to pull them out like in the beginning of the that Rebels episode. What they could to do is to keep the Interdictors concentrated and turned on in known hyperspace lanes used by their enemies(Pirates, Rebels ect) or high important areas that the Imperials are guarding. The Starkiller base would've realized the same thing tHan Solo came up with and took measures against it rather than leave it to chance. My guess they would've thrown a web of anti-hyperspace projectors or modernized Interdictors around the system for any unauthorized visitors. The other problem was all you had to do was miraculously crash land near the bunker doors and walk right in and its a short distance to the controls, alert systems and security is overall a joke. And Phasma of all people would just happen to be taking her daily stroll at around the proper time. Its also equally unclear who or how the Resistance gets basically full detailed schematics of the base, it looks like either the plans were stolen or partially stolen or they making recon sorties for some time and getting what they needed without much peril. As the base appears to be disguised, but its an open secret, which renders the whole thing stupid. So even if they could not get inside the planet, they could hang out side and take photos and stuff, the FO apparently is asleep at the wheel. Looks to me the script was re-written without a proper penetration planned, so they came up with Han entering the planet at lightspeed, rather than the Resistance superweapon smash into the planet-weapon. Things get more stupid if one accepts the Starkiller can travel around in hyperspace, makes its shields more an imbecile creation as if ships could enter the plant, what about debris in space while it travels around in lightspeed or if it crashes into asteroids or a ship or something, it headache. And if the this vessel was built we;; behind FO/Imperial lines and moves around, then how did the Resistance know about it , let alone have pretty detailed schematics, did the director hand them over to Leia?!

11. TheRiddler555

TheRiddler555 Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 25, 2015
  12. Sandtrooper956

Sandtrooper956 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 15, 2015
    So why does Hera want to kill those creatures? It honestly seems so dark and cruel for her character....

13. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    Maybe a Space Whale killed her mother in a tragic accident....

MandoArtist likes this.
  14. DarthAnakin96

DarthAnakin96 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 5, 2016
    So could those yellow TIEs be the Techno Union?

15. Sandtrooper956

Feb 15, 2015
    Probably. That or maybe she was betrayed by a Space Whale she thought to be her friend....

I'm 98% sure they are.

DarthAnakin96 likes this.
  16. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    "You were my brother Lord Whallius. I trusted you."

17. Sandtrooper956

Feb 15, 2015
    We've got this all figured out. And after that Ezra hits the ground and goes *SPLAT!*
    Later in the episode Chewbacca shows up just because guest appearances.

TheSilentInfluence likes this.
  18. MandoArtist

MandoArtist Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2015
    "Those TIES are modified, they're not Imperial!"

They might as well be. Still dropped in one shot. Unless the Techno Union really want to swag out their rides.

19. CT1138

CT1138 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2013

[​IMG]

20. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    But why?

wouldn't it be better if they were making a new ship instead of a slightly changed TIE.

21. DarthAnakin96

DarthAnakin96 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 5, 2016

Maybe the Empire only gave them freedom of color?

22. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    We support TIE equality.

Sandtrooper956 and DarthAnakin96 like this.
  23. Chris0013

Chris0013 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    We support slightly tweaking the panels and recoloring the TIE as opposed to creating a new ship due to the cost....

Hyrum_Solo likes this.
  24. Sandtrooper956

Feb 15, 2015
    I personally think they look really awesome.

25. Chris0013

Chris0013 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    I am not saying they don't look good...I am just saying I would have preferred another design being brought into canon.

It is the same as my issue with the mando fighter just being a scaled down version of the Deathwatch troopship from TCW. I would have preferred a different design.