main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official Star Wars Rebels Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by KED12345, Apr 4, 2013.

1. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    More Like Look its Maketh Tua's twin sister again.:p

Dinos4Ever likes this.
  2. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    This. It leads to those silly "The Empire is not evil and the Rebels are terrorists" arguments. If we saw life under the Empire, the Rebellion would be much more meaningful and people would route for them.

3. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    HK47 for "The Forgotten Droid" 2016

4. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    "Feel the Bern Meatbag." President HK-47 :p

5. CT1138

CT1138 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2013
    If it does end after 4 seasons...

We can haz post-Endor series plz? [face_love]

6. TheNerdyOne_

TheNerdyOne_ Jedi Knight star 2

May 24, 2015
    Exactly. It's simple immersion, when you break simple laws of physics so obviously it completely shatters that immersion, suspension of disbelief can only go so far. Especially when your explanations as to why the laws of physics are being broken just makes things worse. I've always thought that it was pretty implied that the Star Wars galaxy is in our own universe, and thus follows the same laws of physics. And note how, even when explaining why the physics are different in Star Wars, they never mention "universe," just "galaxy." It just doesn't make sense for laws of physics to be inconsistent between galaxies in the same universe.

I can't feel immersed in a show when it's ignoring how things actually work in reality in such obvious ways. I'd even be fine if they ignored time dilation, it's more of a subtle thing that would go more unnoticed, but their explanation for its absence ruined that.

It's most likely the Quasar Fire-class bulk cruiser that we saw in the trailer.

beatbox and Hyrum_Solo like this.
  7. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    A 3 act structure is a 3 act structure not 4 which you call 3. Besides they have not been doing anything of significance for 1 full season of stories let alone 4. The impression I get is that Filoni and co don't really care anyway. Yeah they have paying jobs and as long people keep watching it that's great, but that's it. They don't really care.

While any potential story drama and development has been simply ignored. Look no further than Ahsoka herself. In the s1 finale she says she reveals herself because of Ezra (the main character of the show) what's happened since then with that plot the writers introduced. Nothing simply nothing.
    Another is Kanan with meeting Rex and the Clones. All the issues of him being a survivor of order 66 etc and again what happened again nothing, the writers even coped out of the issue by having Rex get his chip removed before hand !
    Hera's only development learned was she wanted to fly as a kid and that's it.
    Sabine has Sue powers and has been a Cadet and Bounty Hunter all by 17 but nothing has actually been developed there except her mother was in death watch and again that's it.
    Zebs character arc, if you can call it that was never touched on since the start of the first season and resolved by the Staff ex machina.

As for the villains (leaving aside there uselessness) with there own story arcs, well Kallus has a great voice actor and that's it. They said he commited genocide against Zebs people at the start but again that's it. Why he did that or anything else we don't know. He basically just pops up to be beaten.

The First Inquisitor, he showed up and had a couple of Lightsaber fights and again that's it. Filoni gave him a post death promotion to make him more important.

Tarkin shows up and thinks the Jedi are a myth, then has his Star Destroyer blown up then Urm well nothing. He's disappeared.

Vader then shows up, does pretty much the same routine as the Inquisitor, except he kills a few Redshirts as well before discovering Ahsoka, which as she is a side character, this has no relevance to the main characters. Think on that for a second. The most talked about story point/development is Darth Vader meeting Ahsoka. That has nothing to do with any of the main characters arcs.

Finally you Buffy and the other Inquisitor who have been bumbling around from the start. Though at least we get some sort of motivation and connection to the main characters. There leader was killed and they want revenge while Buffy fancies Ezra. Ok it's not great but at least it's something and actually makes them the best of the lot in terms of story.

Hyrum_Solo, Theo333 and darskpine10 like this.
  8. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012

I think it's inevitable. IMHO, that's what Luke is being saved for.

Dinos4Ever likes this.
  9. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    Star Wars Union is very reliable. In fact I like that place a lot better than this forum.

10. MandaloreRex2015

MandaloreRex2015 Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 3, 2015

In the wait for Season 2 to air, I read an interview on that where one of the show runners (can't remember who it was specifically, it was months ago and I forgot most of the details) said that the show would follow a 3 act structure, but one season didn't automatically equal one act. So the idea of the second act being split between seasons 2 and 3 makes sense given that information.

Knight Wolf likes this.
  11. Sandtrooper956

Sandtrooper956 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 15, 2015
    Looking forward to these new Lego sets:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. The Mirificus

The Mirificus Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 25, 2015
    Why is Fifth Brother in the second one? He wasn't in that plotline... unless we're going back there in a later episode. Or they just included him because it's a cool-looking minifig for the kiddos.

Canyon D likes this.
  13. daniel brown

daniel brown Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 23, 2015
    Probably the latter.

Sandtrooper956 likes this.
  14. MandoArtist

MandoArtist Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2015
    I also don't remember Sabine and a random rebel getting into a space fight with Vader and Tarkin :p

Sandtrooper956 and Canyon D like this.
  15. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Yeah that's a very common practice- including random characters in LEGO sets they have nothing to do with simply for coolness' sake.

MandaloreRex2015 and MandoArtist like this.
  16. Sandtrooper956

Feb 15, 2015
    I'm more than happy to be getting the Fifth Bro, Tarkin, Vader, and a new Sabine, but where is the Seventh Sis? Should have included her over Tarkin.

17. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    Well..

Tarkin is rumoured to have a short appearence in Rogue One, so I can understand why the LEGO inclusion

18. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    That makes me want to see Vader and Tarkin really interact in rebels, I really want to see their relationship on-screen in the latter years, sure we had Tarkin book but it was 5 years after RotS.

19. CT1138

CT1138 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2013
    He was in the Clone Troopers episodes. He appeared at the end of the second part. It was why Konstantine left Kallus behind.

20. chris1982

chris1982 Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 17, 2015
    Also: season one was 5 - 4 BBY, season two is 4 - 3 BBY. If they continue this pattern season three will cover 3 - 2 BBY and season four 2 - 1 BBY (so the series could end right before the events of Rouge One).

21. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    ^^

That theory is quite possible.

22. MandaloreRex2015

MandaloreRex2015 Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 3, 2015
    My thoughts exactly.

23. gaarastar58

gaarastar58 Jedi Master star 3

Dec 19, 2010
    I am so glad they are making a Lego set of Rex's AT-TE!

Canyon D and Sandtrooper956 like this.
  24. Sandtrooper956

Feb 15, 2015
  25. Starwarsfan9000

Starwarsfan9000 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 24, 2012
    So from this we learn Hera's mom is dead and she found Chopper during the Clone Wars. Interesting. The conversation between Hera and Cham is pretty cold stuff to say the least and the lack of any real big sounds as he's talking makes it even more tense.