main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official Star Wars Rebels Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by KED12345, Apr 4, 2013.

1. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    [​IMG]

2. Saga_Symphony

Saga_Symphony Force Ghost star 4

Oct 30, 2010
    Have to say, when I heard "Jedi will rise" my thoughts jumped to Ahsoka.

3. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    Well that gave away... absolutely nothing.

And the Jedi will rise? I thought the Jedi were supposed to be busy falling, hard, during the dark times, not rising...

4. Ani501st

Ani501st Jedi Padawan star 3

Mar 18, 2013
    Yeah Jedi will rise what does that mean ? It does not make anysense !
    Then again we see a little bit of the cruiser and like the stormtrooper in almost final animation, it's not an animation that I like, it's Teenage Turtles animation. I'm really disappointed about it. If they want me to watch it the story must be good and jedi will rise, I'm afraid of that ! Except if it's Ahsoka Tano that they are talking about.

5. JediGirl_Angelina

JediGirl_Angelina Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jan 12, 2003
    I think I liked the clip. It didn't give away anything. But don't be upset guys. I think the narration was only featuring the standard SW vernacular of "Jedi... bla bla.... Force... bla bla... Empire... bla bla" so that when people see it they could squee "OMG look it's STARWARS, we have to see it!" I wouldn't read much into it.

6. VanishingReality

VanishingReality Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 21, 2013
    The Jedi will rise, * And you will know the power of the force!
    *Until Lord Vader finds them and hunts them all down, mwhaha

7. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    While I am very enthusiastic about a new series, that teaser sounded really corny. The narrator's voice was horrible and the text really made little sense.
    Jedi aren't really supposed to "rise" during this time, in any way shape or form. And I won't know the power of the Force? Are you threatening me, Master Narrator?

Revanfan1 and my kind of scum like this.
  8. Narutakikun

Narutakikun Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    I'll just BET you were!

9. Momotaros

Momotaros Jedi Master star 4

Aug 13, 2013
    Huh? I was refering to him posting the clip before I did. Not some thing sick and perverted.

10. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011

Yeah, I think that was the entire point. "Look, new Star Wars show."

It gave away nothing, other than the animation, which at the risk of repeating myself, was pretty impressive.

11. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    Best thing I've seen all day.

12. ScorpionJedi

ScorpionJedi Jedi Master star 3

Jun 19, 2013
    When I heard that quote somehow my mind wanders to the picture below:

[​IMG]

Who knows, maybe we might end up seeing a version of this in cartoon form in one way or another?

Plus when you have an army of pretty much expendable soldiers in white armour who can't shoot straight at their targets, does anyone think that the Jedi would even be falling hard? haha ;)[face_laugh]

13. spicer

spicer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2012
    Oh God, please no Purge in cartoon form. That comic is pretty dark, and making it in a kids cartoon will only ruin it.

14. purplerain

purplerain Jedi Knight star 4

Sep 14, 2013
    speaking of which, do we want the Stormtroopers to become Battle Droids 2.0?

15. ScorpionJedi

ScorpionJedi Jedi Master star 3

Jun 19, 2013
    I was thinking it should follow the sort of tone the last couple of episodes of the clone wars had.

darth fluffy likes this.
  16. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I'm hoping for the tone of Landing on Point Rain or the Umbara arc.

Dark Lord Tarkas and Heero_Yuy like this.
  17. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    Good call, this would be a great way to revisit to see what she made of herself while focusing on the new characters.

I have a suspicion though that even the haters will be liking her a lot more than the new characters. This will probably be several years after ROTS so she won't be a teenager.

darth fluffy likes this.
  18. Lando Swarm

Lando Swarm Jedi Master star 2

Aug 9, 2013
    Announcer: The Jedi will rise.

Watto: No, they won't-a.

Announcer: The Jedi will rise.

Watto: No, they won't-a!

19. my kind of scum

my kind of scum Force Ghost star 4

Mar 4, 2002
    This. I was really taken aback by the narration initially as I would prefer to see a series primarily free of Jedi after the 10+ years we've had of jedi focus. After I thought about it for awhile, it does seem more like cramming in Star Wars buzzwords. We will see, I suppose. I imagine Ahsoka will at least show up briefly. Too many jedi in this period, though, and it really takes away from Ben/Luke/Yoda in my opinion.

Regardless, I was happy with the animation. Coruscant (I believe) looked nearly film quality other than the lack of "traffic" around the planet.

purplerain likes this.
  20. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    To be honest, on first watch I didn't hear anything the announcer said. I saw what looked liked the iconic image from the beginning of ANH. I was actually caught myself looking for the Blockade Runner in the clip thinking I might have missed it.

Senator Kelberry likes this.
  21. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    I almost coked my keyboard watching that video.

I'm going to have "if you find a worm in space, do not put it in your nose!" stuck in my head for the rest of the day now.

22. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    I never said I disagree with any of this and frankly, you're not saying anything that anyone who has been paying attention doesn't already know full-well.

That said, it doesn't mean I have to love the idea.

I'm simply of the opinion that Tano's story arc has already been completed well enough for a satisfactory narrative. Add to that the fact that, after five years of watching her adventures, it's gotten to where I'm burned-out on her, to the point where I would be perfectly fine with never seeing Ahsoka show up in Rebels (and before anyone starts with any "boo, hiss, negativity" nonsense, let us keep in mind that I have every right to feel this way, and to state it here).

But it's not exclusive to Tano, really. Take or instance, Obi-Wan Kenobi. Here's a character I absolutely adore, living in exile during a time largely unexplored. I'd looove to see more of Kenobi during this time (John Jackson Miller's recent offering, Kenobi, was terrifically fun) and yet, as far as Rebels is concerned, I'd welcome, say, maybe a single arc where he appears. Give me a Ben Kenobi stand-alone starring Ewan McGregor, please! Take me someplace else with Rebels.

From what we've been told (which I'll grant isn't much), I think we can already surmise that Ahsoka won't be a main character (and thank the Force for that). If this turns out to be the case, as with Obi-Wan, I'd welcome maybe a single arc where Tano shows up.

Oh, and incidentally, I've a "win-win" of my own: Tano doesn't show up and I'm happy, and her fans don't have to see her decapitated by Vader. Win-win, baby! ;)

23. Heero_Yuy

Heero_Yuy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 28, 2000
    Well, OBVIOUSLY that won't be her fate. Don't be absurd.

Her final fate is that he becomes a stripper after leaving the Order. The End.

24. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    ...in Jabba's palace.

At least until she falls into the rancor pit and gets eaten.

Trebor Sabreon likes this.
  25. purplerain

purplerain Jedi Knight star 4

Sep 14, 2013
    Oola is Ahsoka.

FRAGWAGON likes this.