main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official Star Wars Rebels Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by KED12345, Apr 4, 2013.

1. MandoArtist

MandoArtist Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2015
    The difference is that Ahsoka has had tons of character development and interaction, whereas Sabine has hardly had any. I don't want to see characters with so much potential get offed just so TCW fans can see someone get a lightsaber ran through them, while it being so easy for them to say someone like Ahsoka can die knowing all that they've done.

Rebels has proven that it can touch upon dark themes, it doesn't need to do it constantly in order to avoid being called a "kiddy show".

SuperSecretMuffin likes this.
  2. Darth Basin

Darth Basin Jedi Master star 5

Aug 15, 2015
    Slightly off Topic.....

Does any1 else think the reason Sabine haves no jetpack is because malfunctioning jetpackers usually end up DED in the SWU?

Jango, Boba then Pre?

3. Wrenegade

Wrenegade Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2015
    Well yeah, jetpacks aren't exactly good luck in Star Wars. That and Sabine doesn't really need one, she's quite acrobatic.

I agree. Star Wars isn't always serious. And yet I always hear people criticizing Rebels for being too "kiddy" and not being "serious" enough.

MandaloreRex2015 and MandoArtist like this.
  4. MandoArtist

Nov 12, 2015
    Possibly. I was just under the impression that Sabine prefers a light load to compliment her athletic abilities.

But the fact that jetpacks can get people killed is the reason why I don't want her to get one.

5. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Well Pre was dead either way because he was fighting Maul, but Jango and Boba we're screwed by there jet packs.

6. Sandtrooper956

Sandtrooper956 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 15, 2015
    Knowing Sabine, she'd probably kill someone else with her jetpack, not herself.

7. Darth Basin

Aug 15, 2015
    And slighty a little more off topic......

I think "We Were Promised Jetpacks" is with out a shadow of doubt, thee greatest bad name of all time or anytime.

MandaloreRex2015 likes this.
  8. Knight of Wren

Knight of Wren Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 13, 2016
    I must agree here. While Sabine is by far my favorite character in the series, I'd be OK with Sabine being killed off somewhere down the line (preferably after a lot more character development) so long as it was a good, meaningful death, rather than having her live beyond the length of the series and into obscurity, never knowing what eventually became of her. I'd say the same would go with any of the characters in the series.

MandaloreRex2015 and Knight Wolf like this.
  9. MandoArtist

Nov 12, 2015
    I'm just saying, it's way too early to start hoping for Sabine to die.

10. Darth Basin

Aug 15, 2015
    Not me!

Bwa ha ha!

Knight Wolf likes this.
  11. Knight of Wren

Knight of Wren Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 13, 2016
    I totally agree with you there. we've only seen 2 seasons of her and there's plenty left to be told of her backstory. Killing her off this soon would be just foolish. Give it another season or two though and I'm sure it could happen. Guess we'll have to just wait and see.

12. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    As yoda once said " you must learn to let go...all you fear to lose"

13. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    I agree that there's a big difference between offing Ahsoka (if she's actually dead) and offing Sabine. Ahsoka got five seasons of a TV show where she was one of the main characters, tons of development over years (inside and out), we pretty much know what her backstory is already, and she got to be an important factor in this show as well (if a bit underused screentime-wise imo). Plus there's inherent drama in her facing off against her former master who had once been almost like a surrogate big brother. There's a long-standing emotional connection there that gives her death weight for the audience.

Sabine, has been perhaps the most underdeveloped and underused member of the Ghost Crew thus far. Yes she's fun when she's onscreen and we've gotten hints at an interesting/compelling backstory. And she's gotten a couple of episodes devoted to her, being even they only skim the surface when it comes to her character/backstory. So killing her off, wouldn't have nearly the same effect, at least not yet. If she's really a big a deal in Season 3 as they've been teasing, then maybe that might change. But not now.

To use a comparison to TFA, it's the difference between killing off Han Solo and killing off Poe Dameron. One has much more emotional weight for the audience because he was a beloved character over multiple films and almost 40 years. Whereas the other, would have been a "likeable redshirt." He was fun and likeable and charismatic when he was onscreen. But he didn't get much screentime and we know very little about him or his backstory, so it just wouldn't have had the same effect for the audience.

14. Wrenegade

Wrenegade Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2015
    [​IMG]

15. MandoArtist

Nov 12, 2015
    Well, Darth Basin has claimed to create the term "Pretend-alorian" when first seeing Sabine.

16. Sixes

Sixes Jedi Master star 2

Apr 5, 2016
    So does anyone care about Zeb anymore?

I don't agree that people in the "dark times" not dying removes tension but if anyone is going to die, Zeb who's story arc seems complete is the most likely.

My bet he's going to be crushed by a moon.:p

17. TetsuAero

TetsuAero Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jan 24, 2008
    I imagine Zeb and Kallus sitting in a spaceship, maybe a shuttle, flying straight into the bridge of a Stardestroyer to save the rest of our heroes. <3
    Not before finding some more Lazats and guiding them to their homeplanet of course.

18. Sixes

Sixes Jedi Master star 2

Apr 5, 2016
    Also noticed the best Rebels theme Twin Moons on Youtube.

Really gave a sense of atmosphere to Ezra coming to terms with his parents death.

19. MandoArtist

Nov 12, 2015
    I really like that theme. Very touching.

20. Sandtrooper956

Feb 15, 2015
    Too soon! Wait never mind....

Dark Lady Mara likes this.
  21. Darth Basin

Aug 15, 2015

I'll b honest I was rooting 4 Fenn Rau over Sabine in that spaghetti western style showdown!

22. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014

Isn't there a gif with Sabine wearing a cowboy hat as she faces Fenn?

Here's an new interview with Vennessa Marshell.

MORE CLONE WARS STUFF NEXT SEASON.

23. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Well I think Filoni is gonna need to Saw some stuff off that. :p

24. Darth Basin

Aug 15, 2015
    I expected a tumble weed & a shot of some vultures when Sabine & Rau stared each other down.

25. Sandtrooper956

Feb 15, 2015
    Don't have time to watch the interview now, but did she specify what we're going to be seeing?