main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official Star Wars Rebels Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by KED12345, Apr 4, 2013.

1. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    Pity it's a Weasel, if you really wanted to link the old EU, you could make it an Otter and it could be Corran Horns EX Girlfriend :p

MandaloreRex2015 likes this.
  2. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    I think that was supposed to be a Selonian called Dracmus.

3. Sixes

Sixes Jedi Master star 2

Apr 5, 2016

Mate it's a giant hamster wearing jewelry.

4. CT1138

CT1138 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2013
    Correction: Weasel

fett 4 likes this.
  5. Wrenegade

Wrenegade Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2015
    Giant Weasel Wearing Jewelry is my favorite Legends character! :p

podjazd likes this.
  6. Sandtrooper956

Sandtrooper956 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 15, 2015
  7. MandoArtist

MandoArtist Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2015
    Don't worry, the non-believers don't see it now...but when Season 3 arrives, they'll see.

Sandtrooper956 likes this.
  8. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    @Sixes

I don't think its any more ridiculous than Rocket Racoon,lol.

9. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Well she is better then Zeb so She has that going for her.

MandoArtist likes this.
  10. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    I voted for Kanan.

I'm not even a Sabine fan but even if I was, I wouldn't be that worried, given she's not had any development yet, it's not surprising fans are meh. S3 is meant to be the season of Sabine so you'll know properly after that. I would be more worried about Ezra, he's the main character of the show and yet is doing very poorly.
    I think this poll can best be described as the tragedy of Darth Vader Ezra Bridger :p

MandaloreRex2015 and MandoArtist like this.
  11. Devizz

Devizz Jedi Master star 3

Apr 30, 2014

Sabine is an ok character but absolutely noone from the Ghost Crew can beat Chopper. :p

12. SienneRe

SienneRe Jedi Master star 2

Mar 23, 2016
    Hera for me, forever and always :)
    maybe they see the results and start to include her more in some merch...

13. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    If they look at the results I hope they give Zeb a new role that addresses his (at the time of writing) pitiful 3% score. Not that I disagree with the poll, apart from the fact that I'm surprised that he even managed to get 3% of the vote.

Maybe they'll discover that Lasats are like Nibblonians and they crap starship fuel or something.

14. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    The problems with Zeb (despite a good voice actor) are many in jmo,
    Straight off the bat he's pretty much just a rejected design for Chewbacca, the only real difference being that he speaks. People know this and so are gonna be pretty meh. It's the same with Ezra being Aladdin in space. When people know your using other people's concepts/designs, it does give a shrug of shoulders, and while not hated, people aren't gonna be impressed.

Also Zeb like Chewbacca was just a side character who hung around with a supporting character, I.e Kanan/Han, so he's not that important or (from an audience view) worth following much anyway.

You then get to the first episode, where we as audience find out he was the victim of genocide and it looks Kallus (the antagonist of the episode) played a role in it. That plot literally goes no where for almost 2 years.

Kallus keeps showing up and getting beaten/out witted or out thought every episode he's in. In some episodes, he just showed up, just to lose ! So you have an ineffectual villain that's already been beat as Zebs primary antagonist, so no one is going to care or think it's an achievement for Zeb beating him. E8 is going to have the same problem with Rey and Kylo but that's another thread.

Then there is Zeb himself, for the past 2 years, they just had him as a child running around with Ezra and Chopper, which I guess the writers thought was great but which the audience just thought was cringe inducing. They may as well have had him say Messa Zebsir Binks it was that bad.

Then you get the episode of him meeting survivors and knowing he's not the last. They decide to make him an ex Captain (unesscary, just being a trooper would have done fine) while still having him act like a child. They then turn his staff into a Deux EX Machina which finds a planet of his people, which we as an audience don't get to see, so it's impossible to care about and all survivors guilt issues are both raised and resolved (both badly) in this episode.

Then we get to the Hounarble Ones. That's actually a good episode and the Voice actors play off each other well as do the characters which resolve things nicely. I have no complaints about this episode (maybe the Space chicken monsters design but it's only a minor nitpick) But by the end Zebs issues are resolved and his character arc is pretty much done the focus and audience interest is now on Kallus.

Anyway it's bit long winded but that's why Zebs not that popular.

podjazd likes this.
  15. TetsuAero

TetsuAero Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jan 24, 2008
    Or it could simply be that he hasn't a cool design to go with his gruff personality. Looks play in a lot.

16. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    They all have rather funky colors and sport some early 1990's day glow looks. Zeb's accent is rather strange, I think instead of establishing some really pompous backstory for him, they should've just had it that the Clone Troopers taught him or his species Basic, and thats why he has that accent. He's also "too cute" and his personality and purpose doesn't match his look which is true.

Ezra seems to a re-written version of Anakin, what if Anakin was a pickpocket orphan, he's also found kinda similarity to how Jinn stumbles across Anakin. Would not surprise me of Ezra was some unused concept for Han Solo in Episode III, instead of Chewie its Zeb, and instead of a young Han meeting Yoda, its young Ezra. I know they play up that chance as the will of the Force, but the fact remains. Even Kanan is a cross between Han Solo and Anakin Skywalker(this is further made clear in the story reel episode where Anakin uses the same preferred blaster than Kanan uses, and is some kinda gunslinger fan boy). They appeared to also use Luke an ingredient for both Ezra and Kanan.

fett 4 likes this.
  17. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
  18. jabberwalkie

jabberwalkie Jedi Master star 4

Dec 2, 2014
  19. Wrenegade

Wrenegade Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2015
    I've said it before and I'll say it again, Ahsoka WILL be back. And Filoni supposedly saying we shouldn't throw out the possibility makes me suspect it even more. Interesting to hear that we'll be focusing on Maul more. As much as it worked for Vader, I was really hoping we weren't going to get the "making an appearance 3 times in the entire season" thing with him. If you're going to give me Maul, I want ALL OF THE MAUL.

Also, what is Star Wars Rebel? I know of Star Wars Rebels though. (Seriously was I the only on who was bugged by that :p)

TheSilentInfluence likes this.
  20. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    Yeah. Until I hear more about Ahsoka coming back I'm taking it with a grain of salt. But I'm glad we will see more Maul.

21. jabberwalkie

jabberwalkie Jedi Master star 4

Dec 2, 2014
  22. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    Yep. I'm interested if he's going to try and recruit Mandalorians again.

MandoArtist likes this.
  23. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Why cant I live a peaceful existence where Ahsoka does not leave then come back and leave again? Its a revolving door I tell you. #Stopthedoorfiloni:p

Knight Wolf likes this.
  24. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    I mean hell, they might as well have put an "Ahsoka Tano will return" title card at the end of the S2 finale's credits. ;)

25. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Or Filoni should become a better lier.:p