main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official Star Wars Rebels Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by KED12345, Apr 4, 2013.

1. starfish

starfish Chosen One star 5

Oct 9, 2003
    Perhaps Ahsoka will return as a force ghost, eh. :p

Lt. Hija and TheSilentInfluence like this.
  2. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    And then haunt Vader.

podjazd and starfish like this.
  3. starfish

starfish Chosen One star 5

Oct 9, 2003
    Yes, brilliant. The image of force ghost Ahsoka haunting Vader is hilarious. :p

TheSilentInfluence likes this.
  4. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    "Hey Anakin do you remember when you promised that no one was going to hurt me ever? Yeah. Thanks for that. Oh and I talked to Padme. Your really in for a talking to when you join us." -Ghost-soka

MandoArtist and starfish like this.
  5. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Maybe that's what Ahsoka and Obi Wan and Qui Gon did when they were not talking to their Jedi! Wow no wonder Vader went back to the light. Maybe that's happening to Kylo with comments like "your literally the worst grandson ever" and "everyone we train falls to the dark side" :p

6. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000

With Ezra it doesn't help that they used Aladdin's design for him. It wasn't just simply based on Aladdin, it was Aladdin. Even the image of his parents was straight from the image of Aladdin's parents. There's an earlier thread from last year where another poster showed the images in a direct comparison. It was blatant.

TetsuAero but he wasn't portrayed as gruff though, more child like, running around with a 14 year old and Chopper. Even in the episode where he finds that he is not the only survivor of his planet, he is written as child like at first. In fact the only real episode, where he acted like an adult was the Honourable Ones.
    I think everyone thought Ahsoka would be back at some point but in her own show/movie etc, given that Filoni admitted (despite minimal screen time) that she and Vader were overshadowing the Rebels cast.

Maul was always a given but not having Vader back would not make any sense. These guys have humiliated the Imperials every time they meet them, blown up Tarkins Star Destroyer, killed 4 Inquisitors, survived him 3 times ( including throwing a Walker on top of him and outsmarting him, leaving him stuck in his own Destroyers tractor beam!) while also taking the Sith holocron and also being potential clues for where other surviving Jedi maybe hiding.
    Yet after all this, he will suddenly go "pfft I can't be arsed" and not bother o_O

7. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    This is an excellent example of what we call a clickbait article and I'm going tot take this with a huge grain of salt. Especially when there are multiple interviews that said her story on rebels is over.

podjazd, Sandtrooper956 and TetsuAero like this.
  8. Captain Han Solo

Captain Han Solo Jedi Padawan star 1

Feb 23, 2016
    I'm with you on this one, Biggs. Literally the only interview quoted is the IGN one where Dave says it would be cool for Maul and Vader to fight, and where he also says Ahsoka is not coming back on Rebels because her story there is finished and he wants to focus on the Ghost crew. And as a college student who has written several papers in his first two semesters, I don't trust anyone who writes the nondescript phrase, "According to sources."

9. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Malachor's strange surface spire thingies reminded me of Abyss' alien spacecraft. Instead of the purple lights, Malachor uses red accents:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

TetsuAero likes this.
  10. StarWarsFreak93

StarWarsFreak93 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2015
    So Yahoo AU posted an article with Filoni saying he wants Ewan McGregor for Rebels. This would be awesome. Been craving some Ewan as Obi-Wan with more than just one line of dialogue. Although James Taylor didn't sound so happy when he posted the link to the article.

11. Captain Han Solo

Feb 23, 2016
    I don't think so. They already had James Arnold Taylor do lines as Obi-Wan in the premiere. Also, since they brought back Eckstein as Ahsoka, Lanter as Anakin, and Cummings as Hondo, it would make less sense to get Ewan as opposed to Taylor.

Don't get me wrong, I am a big fan of Ewan's performance as Obi-Wan, but Taylor is the definitve voice-over Obi-Wan.

12. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    yeah, Ewan doing voice acting in an animated star wars would be weird. Just imagining his first words is funny...

"why hello there..."

13. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    Well if a Famous multi-millionaire was going to take your potential pay check, you'd be unhappy too.

It should be said though, that for TCW movie, both Chris Lee and Sam Jackson were used. But for me the one actor I really want back is Ian MacDiarmid as Palpatine. Only the late Ian Abercrombie came close in the voice acting in jmo. While Whitwier was ok he wasn't perfect and I thought Curry was awful.

14. MandoArtist

MandoArtist Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2015
    We already got Taylor to do Obi-Wan's voice in the first episode...no point getting Ewan now.

15. StarWarsFreak93

StarWarsFreak93 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2015
  16. Knight Wolf

Knight Wolf Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 6, 2014
    Well, I guess this confirms we'll get more Obi-wan in Rebels.

17. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    Goes back to Vader's remark on finding Kenobi during the Season 2 Premiere so its not really surprising, but having Kenobi leave Tatooine is odd, my guess maybe The Ghost crew visit him. But am not expecting another hologram since they already did that. If Yoda can project himself across space, am sure Kenobi can as well.

18. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    We know Vader can't know where Obi-wan is before ANH, but I could see them going on Tatooine for whatever reasons even if I don't understand the point of it apart for Ezra to meet every characters. But to be fair he said that he would like to have Ewan McGregor on rebels not necessarily that Obi-wan is 100% sure to appear other than in holograms.

19. MandoArtist

MandoArtist Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2015
    I really wouldn't like it if the Ghost Crew met Obi-Wan.

ConservativeJedi321 and fett 4 like this.
  20. Sixes

Sixes Jedi Master star 2

Apr 5, 2016
    Interesting that presumably Filoni made these comments quite recently? Implying he wants to use Ewan in the future which implies that Disney have already given him the greenlight for more seasons, or at least he expects them too?

21. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    Well we know, after the amount of times Obi-wan fought Grievous and Anakin fought Dooku in TCW despite what was said in RotS that it's never stopped them before. Hell we have Tarkin thinking all Jedi are gone despite these guys blowing up his Star Destroyer and wiping the floor with any Imperial they came across.

22. Sandtrooper956

Sandtrooper956 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 15, 2015
  23. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    I really want Obi to stay out of the fight, just enjoy the sand and dust of tatooine, go watch Luke whine about doing chores, maybe stop for a drink or two in a cantina before his lessons with the ghost of Quigon. He doesn't, and shouldn't, do anything more than that. Maybe I could accept a Cameo of the crew goes to Tatooine, but nothing more.:)

I would have loved to see Bacara and some of the other order 66 clones in TCW. Even Neyo only got a Cameo.:(

podjazd and MandoArtist like this.
  24. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    Not sure why the "Crimson Corsair" was given the front cover space, its bad and out've place despite the TFAcentric cover they should've atleast went with Hux.

25. Captain Han Solo

Feb 23, 2016
    If Obi-Wan were to appear on the show, I always thought it would be like this.

Ahsoka takes Ezra and Kanan straight to his door, and demand that he tell her the truth about Anakin. Obi-Wan sighs, lets them in, and give Ahsoka the whole "certain point of view" BS. Ahsoka then tells Obi-Wan that since he is partially responsible for Anakin's fall, he has a responsibility to stop him. Obi-Wan tells her that he is, and takes her to see Luke from a distance. Now understanding Obi-Wan's mission, but still disagreeing with him, Ahsoka takes Ezra and Kanan to go and fight Vader.

That is honestly how I though it would eventually go down. Now there is a snowball's chance in Mustafar that that will happen.