main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official Star Wars Rebels Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by KED12345, Apr 4, 2013.

1. Devizz

Devizz Jedi Master star 3

Apr 30, 2014
  2. Sixes

Sixes Jedi Master star 2

Apr 5, 2016
    You people are so lucky to see the 1 hour special, expect we'll see a trailer soon?

3. thatpatguy

thatpatguy Jedi Padawan star 1

Jun 26, 2015
    It could be interesting. Maybe they can tie Boba in and give us an update on him.

4. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Not until Celebration

5. Devizz

Apr 30, 2014

Haha I feel for you man, trailer will probably be shown at Celebration as well and shared on the internet unlike the episodes.

6. Ryan Hunt

Ryan Hunt Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 11, 2013
    Would they show a new trailer and two new episodes both at Celebration? I could see them releasing the trailer on Twitter and YouTube one day (I think they've done that in the past)

7. Devizz

Apr 30, 2014

Last year they released both the Siege of Lothal and its trailer at SWC.

MandaloreRex2015 likes this.
  8. SatineNaberrie

SatineNaberrie Jedi Master star 4

Jan 28, 2014
    I haven't been watching this series since don't have cable and the libraries in my area don't have it, but can someone answer some questions for me?

Is there any attempt of fixing the Jedi?
    Looking closely at the Jedi they weren't very good. (Using Clones, forbidding attachments/emotions,deception, hypocrisy, "point of view" bull, "sith deal in absolutes" crap etc)

Are any of these issues addressed in Rebels ?

Is there ever discussion about the Jedi way of thinking?
    What's Ahsoka like? Does she retain any of her old Jedi beliefs?

In Ezra's force training, what Jedi philosophies are brought up?

I've been really curious right now about what direction disney will take with the Jedi. I'm hoping if Luke does remake Jedi in episode 8 it won't be like the old order, but since I'll have to wait a long time to find out,
    I want to know if Rebels is giving any indication of what direction they will take?

Was the attachment thing ever brought up?
    From what little I've seen, I know Kanan and Ezra aren't "traditional Jedi", but do they consider themselves Jedi?
    And I understand, Ahsoka doesn't consider her self a Jedi.

So what makes a Jedi a Jedi?
    And is any lore added to "The Force"? (New force powers, it's nature, darkside etc")

9. Sixes

Sixes Jedi Master star 2

Apr 5, 2016

My dude this question is kind of rambling and all over the place.

In terms of the T.V show and the entire franchise to a lesser extent there has never been any deep philosophical debate. The Jedi are good and the Sith or at least Palpatine in Lucas own words were the embodiment of pure evil. Simples

As to T.V show itself and in terms of what it means to be a Jedi or not when exploring Kanan, Ezra and Ahsoka it's just the same type of stuff, Don't let your emotions control you yadadada... All in one convenient episode 'Shroud of Darkness' and to a lesser extent the season 2 final.

Honestly if your looking for anything deeper than that in terms of 'fixing' the Jedi or anything like that your significantly complicating a rather simple tale. 1000 years of peace Jedi grow complacent, Sith pure evil design to literally rule the galaxy comic villainy in that sense. Luke Skywalker the last Jedi defeats the Sith forever and from what we know he seems to believe in the traditional Jedi way.

10. Wrenegade

Wrenegade Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2015
    Man, for those going, I'm glad for you, but now I'm even more sad that I can't go. :(

Devizz likes this.
  11. SatineNaberrie

Jan 28, 2014

No need to be rude.

And I disagree the Jedi are good since good people don't do some of the things they do.

12. MandoArtist

MandoArtist Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2015
    For us peasants not going to Celebration, when will the season three premier be aired? In October?

Sandtrooper956 likes this.
  13. Wrenegade

May 8, 2015
    My guess would be September, because that's two months after Celebration, which is how long it was last time. They'll probably then air the rest of the season starting in October.

14. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Good people don't exist then. People do bad things in their lives, but does that make them bad? Also what are some of these "things" the Jedi do that are bad? Not allowing people to marry? Taking children? All these things are not bad and I can elaborate if you want.

Also Sixes ain't being rude their just stating their opinion on your comment.

15. SatineNaberrie

Jan 28, 2014

I thought the rambling comment was uncalled for.
    Good people do exist and can make mistakes, but good people don't wallow in them, they learn and move on. The Jedi seemed pretty set in their ways and arrogant in TCW.

As for bad things Jedi do, in clone wars and in Dark disciple they go against their conscience doing stuff they think are wrong) engage in deception, hypocrisy, Yoda said lies and decent were Dooku's way in AOTC yet they do it do.
    Using a the clone army seems inhumane to me. Forbidding loving relationships, using "point of view" as an excuse to lie, and there are many other things they did wrong. "

But I didn't come here for a Jedi debate. I am already set in my belief they are very flawed.

What I wanted to know was what kind of direction is Kanan and Ezra taking with the Jedi. Are they considered Jedi? And how do they differ from the Jedi during the clone wars? Do they learn from the mistakes of the past?

The Shadow Emperor likes this.
  16. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Kanan is a Jedi Knight after Yoda in the form of the "Jedi Sentinel" knighted him. Luke's right of passage was confronting and destroying Vader and his master - but it does not quite work out the way they(Yoda and Kenobi) intended but its taken for granted still in current canon that Luke became a Jedi Knight after the events of of the DS II(without any official knighting ceremony or pomp).

17. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    How long do people think Rebels will run for? Longer than TCW? I'm hoping it does, anyway.

18. Sandtrooper956

Sandtrooper956 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 15, 2015
    There's no way it will go more than 5 seasons in my opinion. I haven't really been keeping track, but each season is like a year or so, and the time skip between seasons 2 and 3 is said to be 6 months or so. I'm thinking 4 seasons but maybe a 5th.

19. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    Sounds about right. I'm hoping they make a series after ROTJ with a new set of characters, with cameos from the big names like Han, Lando, etc.

20. MandoArtist

Nov 12, 2015
    I'm hoping at least 4 seasons.

21. Wrenegade

May 8, 2015
    Well my best guess is that the next series they do will be set between ROTJ and TFA, so I think it all depends on how many of the questions that need to be answered about things like the fall of Luke's Jedi Order and such get answered in Episode VIII. Because if there's some sort of big plot twist about that time period, it'll likely be revealed in the films. If they wait until Episode IX, I could see Rebels maybe running a bit longer.

22. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    After rewatching the Yoda Arc from TCW, i'm like 90% positive that the owl was one of the force priestesses who "watch and study all who are powerful i the force" We still don't know how Anakin leveled up to force ghost (in canon), maybe Ahsoka has something to do with it a la Qui Gonn and Yoda. I don't really like that theory, but with the S2 ending of Ahsokas ambiguous fate, it makes sense.

23. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    4 seasons

24. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    I dont think they can resolve or wrap up everything in 4 seasons without it being a train wreak - that plus the backlash they got for how TCW ended prematurely am not certain they're gonna just end things. But if ratings are low again, or lower than before it could end sooner or just Disney keeping the show afloat by pumping life support alone.

25. MandoArtist

Nov 12, 2015
    Well it's been said that apparently the only way Rebels is getting cancelled is if literally everyone stopped watching it. They have a set plan, with no plan of going beyond the story they want to tell or ending it before it's told.