main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official Star Wars Rebels Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by KED12345, Apr 4, 2013.

1. TheNerdyOne_

TheNerdyOne_ Jedi Knight star 2

May 24, 2015
    Open-ended is really the only way Rebels can end without continuing the series past ROTJ or killing everyone off. I don't think any of these characters plan to stop fighting the Empire.

An open-ended ending isn't necessarily a bad thing at all.

2. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    No it wouldn't be.
    In fact it's abrogates a story tellers responsibility of having a resolution to a story.

3. TheNerdyOne_

May 24, 2015
    You can have a resolution while still being open-ended. Those two aren't mutually exclusive at all.

4. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    In this case it is though, You can't have Kanan and Ezra alive, and not have the audience ask why Luke is unaware aware of them, or why Leia does not mention them or not have Vader after them. It just makes no sense and is deliberately contradictory.

Twain, podjazd, cwustudent and 2 others like this.
  5. TheNerdyOne_

May 24, 2015
    Who says that they'd be alive? Having a generally open-ended conclusion doesn't mean that none of the characters can have their own individual resolutions. Also, Ezra could easily survive, should he fall to the dark side he would potentially be out of the picture completely. And Kanan could potentially go into exile in response, completely shut away with no possibility of contact.

It's a big galaxy, death isn't the only way to get someone out of the picture.

6. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    I mentioned them on Monday in "The Bendu" thread.

Rebels being open ended is not at all surprising.

7. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    I think Lucasfilm and Filoni's end game is to have an animated series trilogy. TCW -> Rebels -> post RoTJ? To do that, an open end to Rebels will be necessary.

8. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Why just a trilogy

podjazd likes this.
  9. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    I don't think they'll stop making shows, I just think its their ambition to have a trilogy animated shows set in the spaces not covered by the main films.These series all introduce new characters but will have recurring characters from the previous series [eg Ahsoka and Hondo in Rebels], making them a loosely interconnected story.

MandaloreRex2015 likes this.
  10. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    It doesn't need to be left open ended to make another show.

cwustudent likes this.
  11. Rax

Rax Jedi Master star 3

May 1, 2015
    Wow seriously? I saw that they mentioned the Bendu in the trailer, and it looked like something they've had to take out from the old EU, I searched it up to see if I was correct, but I just found vague explonations and no pictures which looks like this. I found some stuff refering to the force and such though. I hope they'll be something like that.

12. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    Open ended allows the Story Group to explore Rebels more in books, comics and even use some characters for future animated shows. Smart move.

13. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I agree totally because its very likely that the next show they make is between episodes 6-7 but closer to 7 and it would be cool to see some returning rebels characters.

14. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    Agreed.

I don't expect Ezra and Sabine to die.

15. Schwarma

Schwarma Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 30, 2012
    I don't see how Ezra can be left alive. He's clearly very powerful and if he falls to the Dark Side as a non-Sith he'd surely still be out there and known about during the OT, especially since he used to be part of the rebellion?

16. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    I never thought people would be arguing for leaving a story open ended just so they can make more money out of people through other products :(

cwustudent likes this.
  17. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012

Not necessarily.
    We see the central command of the alliance in the OT - Ghost Crew are apart of a random cell.

MandaloreRex2015 likes this.
  18. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    The alliance does not completely form until ROTJ if I recall correctly.

19. Schwarma

Schwarma Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 30, 2012
    I thought the ghost crew were meant to be a key part of the found of the Rebellion?

Plus, if Ezra falls, surely Vader would sense him?

20. MandoArtist

MandoArtist Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2015
    The Rebellion already exists, and technically so does the Alliance as they are all networked to Bail Organa. They just don't come together until much later.

The Spectres are just apart of one of many Rebel cells. It's a big Galaxy, they could still be active and simply not in the movies. However I hear they are sneaking mentions of them into the new canon, C3PO apparently talks of Ezra in the new ROTJ novelisation.

The only one who really logically has to die is Kanan, and even then they could a way.

21. Darth Wookiee

Darth Wookiee Jedi Master star 3

Nov 29, 2013
    ?

22. Fandalorian

Fandalorian Jedi Master star 3

Apr 18, 2015
    Way to be a cynic about it. You also seem to confuse open ended with unfinished.
    ROTJ is open ended. They struck a big blow, but the story was just beginning.
    They still have to deal with any imperial remnants, found a new Republic and Jedi order etc.

What you want is "and everyone dies and nothing of interest ever happens again".
    Which is just bad story telling. The story will wrap up, but the characters aren't finished.

23. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    Way to assert you own assumptions there. Why not ask what the poster wanted rather than projecting?

La Calavera and fett 4 like this.
  24. La Calavera

La Calavera Force Ghost star 4

Sep 2, 2015
    Ugh, ROTJ was not open-ended. There were no imperial remnants mentioned in the movie. There was a clear Happy ending to that story. It was made open-ended by the EU/new canon so to sell more stories that would interest the general audience who was already invested on the Big 3. It did not have to be continued in order to tell interesting stories, because you can still tell interesting stories in another period of the Star Wars universe with other characters.

And wanting a character to die because one thinks it would serve the overall story better does not equate to bad storytelling. It also doesn’t mean it’s bad storytelling wanting a character to live. It ultimately depends on what you do with those characters in the future.

25. CT1138

CT1138 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2013
    No remnants? There was a huge freaking Imperial fleet just sitting there when the DSII blew up. It's obvious that this is just a victory battle, not the end of the war. It's like V-E Day. Yes, the big bad guy is dead and a large portion of his forces are surrendering... but the war doesn't end there.

MandaloreRex2015 and MandoArtist like this.