main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official Star Wars Rebels Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by KED12345, Apr 4, 2013.

1. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    That's basically Filoni all over, ignore everything that comes before or simply don't bother to set up, for a moment you want to show. It's why Barriss became the Bomber. The set up was non existent which he didn't bother with and Ahsoka became the suspect even though it made no sense with that episode but he did them anyway.

2. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    The inquisitor existence does not contradict the OT era. I don't see why they need to be wiped out before ANH. Inquisitors or even just ex-inquisitors alive post-RoTJ would be interesting in which there Sith masters are dead. It gives Luke and the New Republic enemy force users before Snoke and Kylo Ren. Wasted potential if they all die pre ANH. With a few alive we could get a "dark forces Jedi knight" scenario. I would love for there to be a canon Jerec post RoTJ. The real issue that needs to be resolved before ANH is Ezra and Kanan. From tarkins line in ANH, Jedi resistance should stop before the events of that film. And Luke never encountered anymore Jedi in the Rebellion.

3. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    Maybe Filoni's hinting that Inquisitors go into hiding into the expansion region where they are discovered years later by the post Jakkuu empire. The Grand Inquisitor at that point, named Ren, decides to join back with the new first order and renames the inquisitors knights of Ren ;)

MandaloreRex2015 likes this.
  4. Ithorians

Ithorians Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2016
    There are very good points made here... It would be great for Filoni to take them into account, lol. First, I completely agree, there is no reason for the Inquisitorius to be ended before ANH. It just doesn´t make sense. I understand the argument of "Tarkin said it in a way that made you feel the Jedi were gone for a long time" but it really doesn´t work to put what we see in Rebels against that quote. Tarkin hasn´t seen the Inquisitors in action, for what I remember... to him they could be interrogators or Jedi hunters (with stormtrooper backup) like they where in the EU, without the need of looking like "Jedi warriors". But more important yet, the logic within the Tarkin quote is to be the reason to explain why there are no Inquisitors seen in ANH... yet Tarkin seems to forget the loss of his star destroyer, that happened 3 - 4 years earlier when a padawan Jedi organized an attack on it to rescue his master from the dark sider that capture him. So... the Jedi fire is gone from the galaxy a long, long time ago indeed... like 2 years ago. And that´s ignoring the fact that Maul is now around!

Truth is, Tarkin seemed surprised and intrigued when he saw Vader choking Motti. And, as smart as he is, the matters of the Force are Vader´s and the Inquisitorius business within the Empire. Tarkin has no clue regarding it, and no interest either. Why insist on putting him like an omniscient character in these matters is a mystery to me...

5. SilentGuy66

Dec 1, 2014
    "This time we'll do it together"
    "My Powers have doubled since the last time we met count"
    "I've been looking forward to this"

The above lines IMPLIED that Obi Wan and Anakin hadn't faced off against Dooku since Geonosis (or at very least there'd been a sizeable period) yet Filoni still milked about a dozen encounter between them in. So I don't see exactly why Tarkin's "There are no more force users" lines have to be treated 100% fact

6. La Calavera

La Calavera Force Ghost star 4

Sep 2, 2015
    The difference is, those lines in ROTS just implied. Strongly implied, but still, implied. They didn’t state as a fact that the last time they had met was Geonosis.

Tarkin’s words were stated as a fact. He was not implying anything.
    Edit: Though, it could be said they were referring only to Jedi, and the Inquisitors could still be around.

Tarkin saw Jedi in action in the Citadel arc, and he knows Vader was a Jedi.
    I think he was surprised at Vader choking Motti not because he had never seen the Force in action (he did) but because it was uncharacteristic of Vader at that time. I think Vader only developed the habit of choking imperials after that.

Frankly, I’m okay with the Inquisitors being gone, but I do hope Filoni keeps the same justification for his Jedi characters as well.

7. SilentGuy66

Dec 1, 2014
    I think that's the root of the problem. IF Filoni actually stuck to his guns and went ahead and KILLED off Kanan and Ezra that would be in line with what Yoda says in ROTJ about Luke being the last of the Jedi

HOWEVER

I'm pretty sure in interviews (don't ask me which ones) Filoni has stated that he doesn't consider Yoda's Jedi line to be 100% true........BUT Tarkins' is?!

Fun thought: If we caused enough do you think "the fan's reaction" would bring the inquisitors back like with Ahsoka?

8. The Mirificus

The Mirificus Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 25, 2015
    I always read the "Jedi" in Tarkin's line to mean "the Jedi Order" or another collective of Jedi, rather than each individual Jedi. There might be embers / survivors for years and years after the fire has gone out (Order 66 / Creation of the Empire), but these remnants lack relevance to the Galaxy at large. They are not enough to rekindle the fire, so to speak.

The appearance of Kanan and Ezra could reinforce this notion. Although troublesome for a time, these two do not lead the Galaxy against the Empire. They might die, they might vanish from view, either way they quietly flicker and fade. The fire is still decidedly out. It is the ordinary people, not the Force Users, who lead the charge of the Rebellion.

9. BMO

BMO Jedi Youngling

Jul 24, 2016
    Thank you all for the help and reccomendations. I believe I will give it a go. I am willing to forgive the childish moments (I don't really mind them, and there were plenty in TCW), but was unsure if the story was guided by these. From all the comments, it seems I was mistaken. I'm not looking to compare it to the Clone Wars at all, but hope it has its own cool moments and unique characters, and possibly some that make it into the movies..? (I hear Thrawn a lot) I hope to enjoy it a lot!! :) Thanks!

TheSilentInfluence likes this.
  10. La Calavera

La Calavera Force Ghost star 4

Sep 2, 2015
    Lol I like Filoni but I don’t take his justifications seriously. He is a bit like Lucas, who also changed his mind about things and made up a new reasoning. Like teacher, like student.

I think there is an interview somewhere about the Slaves arc from TCW where Filoni said he changed the original ending of the comic (which was awesome) to the ending we got in TCW (which was honestly BS), because according to him, the original ending implied that Anakin was able to overcome his slavery past (it didn’t).
    Then he reveals at Celebration that in one of the untold story arcs, Anakin was totally okay with Ahsoka leaving him and even offered her clones, which most certainly implies he was able to deal with his attachment problem. Oh wait no, he didn’t, because ROTS still happened.

Yeah. Filoni “says things”.

It doesn’t matter though, I can still work around alternative justifications (maybe Anakin’s attachment problem was not so much letting go of people as it was specifically losing people to imminent death, and the Jedi just misunderstood him when they thought giving him a padawan would fix it).
    But I can’t come up with believable justifications for certain situations where the dialogue is plain obvious, like Tarkin words. The Yoda's dialogue is also a bit too obvious for me, no matter what Filoni says. So I really, really hope he takes care of his Jedi characters by the time of ANH. It doesn’t mean they have to die, but they have to stop being a Jedi and maybe send a Skype notification to Yoda and Tarkin.

As for Ahsoka, I don’t buy that Filoni would only bring her back because of the fan reactions, I think he was planning on that all along. Hence the “inconclusive” ending.

podjazd, cwustudent and SilentGuy66 like this.
  11. SilentGuy66

Dec 1, 2014
    "Due to the fan reaction....I.....think.........it's a possibility......Ahsoka...........might.........return"

Translation: I always planned for Ahsoka to survive but to generate hype for rebels I had to make it sound like Ahsoka was in danger. Rest assured Ahsoka will never die she's my creation I can have her live as long as I want in fact I've just finished toying with an idea of where she'll be around the time of Episode X

I agree throughout that entire story arc the focus had been on Anakin and his dealing with slavery THEN at the end it's "Congratlations Ahsoka YOU saved the day ALONE"

cwustudent likes this.
  12. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    Grevious "You fool, Iv been trained in your Jedi arts by Count Dooku"

Would he really say that to a guy he's fought a dozen times before ?

podjazd and SilentGuy66 like this.
  13. SilentGuy66

Dec 1, 2014
    Another little gripe I have with Filoni and co lately

"It's important that we do Vader right"

What?! So with Grievous and Dooku is wasn't?!

podjazd likes this.
  14. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    People learn from their mistakes. Now Filoni probably wants to make sure he gets Vader right and uses him well

15. Jedi Master Scorpio

Jedi Master Scorpio Star Wars Television star 5 Staff Member Manager

Oct 24, 2015
    Dave Filoni is great for the Star Wars franchise, and it seems the Powers that be also believe in him or else he would have been fired a long time ago. I wish I were in his shoes right now. He is in lock step with the Lucasfilm Story Group, so he more than likely knows more about the Star Wars Canon then any of us do. I tip my cap to him.

16. SilentGuy66

Dec 1, 2014
    Filoni IS a good guy and is obviously doing the best he can to make Rebels enjoyable to all fans however I sort of get the feeling that he's hit his peak since clone wars

Lucas by himself= The prequels
    Lucas+ Filoni= The Clone Wars
    Filoni by himself= Rebels

BMO likes this.
  17. StarWarsFan91

Oct 14, 2008
    Well ignoring all non-movie clone wars stuff, It wouldn't make sense for Obiwan to be surprised that Grevious is wielding lightsabers. He earlier mentions about adding Anakins and Obiwans lightsabers to his collection that he keeps on his body. Im sure there would be reports of him using blades during the war. There is also the fact the blades he uses once belonged to Jedi. S

But to make sense with that line with TCW now, I just chalk it up to Grevious being full of himself. Both him and Obiwan know that Dooku is a very good duelist. So him telling Obiwan he has been trained by Dooku is his way of telling Obiwan that he is a superior duelist.

Maybe after their last duel pre-RoTS, Grevious went through a training session with Dooku before his final encounter with Obiwan.

18. SilentGuy66

Dec 1, 2014
    Another way around this inquisitor problem could have been just to have the ONE inquisitor that way when thegrand inquisitor died in season one the seventh sister could have been his replacement then when she died the emperor would have been like "sod it just keep it as Me and Vader"

ConservativeJedi321 likes this.
  19. Fandalorian

Fandalorian Jedi Master star 3

Apr 18, 2015
    Just one inquisitor would hardly be able to police the entire galaxy. They do more than hunt the Jedi remnants.
    Finding force sensitive children also seems like a big part of the job. And i'd bet they deal with ordinary threats too.
    I'm glad that they made the inquisitorius a proper organization, seeking out treachery throughout the empire.

Much like it was in the old EU. Besides... Nobody expects the Imperial Inquisition!.

20. Saga Explorer

Saga Explorer Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 14, 2015
    Someone's got to make a SW parody out of your last sentence .

21. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Mel Brooks already did:

Darth Kickass likes this.
  22. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    [​IMG]

23. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    I think they opened the door with Inquisitors(Imperial Dark Jedi and Sith Assassins/Acolytes/Disciples) so they should follow through , no rush job.Well its possible Maul has been striking them down and destroying them for the past 10-15 years , as he's got an Inquisitor's lightsaber , he knows of them and viewed them as little more than playthings. They know of Darth Maul being alive as a rumor(apparently amongst eachother presumably from survivors or intelligence reports or from Vader and Sidious or all of the above) and what they call, "The Shadow". But its not understandable why Sidious did not place Imperial forces on the planet(why lothal or some other dumb planet), if he know about the superweapon and the history of Malachor , that simply makes zero sense. Same with Moraband, there was no CIS presence or any type of guards stationed there by Sidious and Tyranus. You think they're would been ships, space stations, and all sorts of military installations on Malachor and Moraband. Even in the EU Dathomir was blockaded by the Empire because the Witches were so dangerous . The 8th Brother only goes to Malachor apparently as some advanced scout to await the Jedi via Sidious's Force foresight, it does not seem at all that he crossed paths with Maul as its clear he would not of lasted 2 seconds one on one and Maul could've killed him like he did the 7th Sister, just Force grab and choke or saberthrow or whatever combo. Even if he went their with a partner, that partner was no more, and its odd that Maul does not have either the Darksaber or his old lightsaber nor why wouldnt he confiscate some old Jedi or Sith lightsaber amongst the ruins and the dead, he can make his own lightsaber so why did he just take one, save time and energy, maybe but it does not really explain why he still carries it in Season 3. It seems more like a statement.

The other door they're opening now is with this Bendu character and/or Bendu Order, how exactly he fits into the story and the grand saga story. Also Ezra running around all quasi-powerful like pseudo-Anakin, is another problem with itself. If Ezra is not the return of the Jedi, then what is he, a Sith, Bendu, Anchorite, Jedi light a Bogan, Krath, nothing?

SilentGuy66 likes this.
  24. StarWarsFan91

Oct 14, 2008
    Hopefully Inquisitors will appear in more places in the new star wars canon besides Rebels. Because I don't see Rebels truly giving them room to grow and they only become dead men walking. The First Inquisitor and the later duo could have been made into more of a threat before defeat. Perhaps shown causing extensive damage to the fleet, or killing of one of the characters.

Luke should be the only Jedi post-RoTJ....so go away Blind Bearded Knight and Anakin wannabe. But that being the case doesn't mean he should be the only lightsaber wielder soon after RoTJ.

If any survive beyond RoTJ I don't want them to pull what Rebels has done and give them little character development and just killed of by that Skywalker dude.

I want to see, from their perspective how they deal with the new changing world where their sith masters are dead. Would they fight each other? Would any Imperial forces have hostile encounters with them? Maybe one or more could choose to leave the remains of the Empire and teach his own apprentice. Could one follow a path towards the light? It would be interesting if Luke could get an ex-Inquistor to ally with him, foreshadowing of his new Jedi Order.

There should be comic arc focused on the Inquisitors, even if its set pre-ANH.

25. Ithorians

Ithorians Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2016

Exactly!! Couldn´t agree more!! Now I just hope someone in the Rebels/new canon decision making read this and says: "Exactly!! Couldn´t agree more!!"