main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official Star Wars Rebels Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by KED12345, Apr 4, 2013.

1. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    The galaxy is a big place and I prefer if Rebels focused less on TCW and Film characters and more on its own original characters and progression. A mix with not having many story arcs and a focus on stand alone episodes, character improvement that could be better for their new characters, and giving non-rebel characters a whole lot of spotlight, takes away what Rebels could be.

Darth Basin and RedVad like this.
  2. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    Why would she have a tribute to Ahsoka, she didn't know her, in fact I don't think they interacted even once, well except for that fight scene in the Lux kidnapping episode

3. DarthTalgus

DarthTalgus Force Ghost star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    It's not without reason that Jedi Council Forums is hated on by many other star wars related sites (Superherohype Star Wars section, Star Wars subreddit etc. etc.)
    We're notorious for being whiny haters, and it's true. Back in 2011 the majority hated TCW (I remember a certain Devil Filoni meme) and now suddenly it's the best thing since sliced bread.
    And now we're doing the same with Rebels, then when the new probably ST related show airs we will be raving about how good Rebels was and how it was such a masterpiece of television. :rolleyes:

MandaloreRex2015 likes this.
  4. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    We, whose this we your talking about ?
    Everyone has there own opinions and they shouldn't change just because you don't like them.

Speaking for myself I don't like the show and don't think it's very good, but that's not the same as "hating it", it's just a cartoon at the end of the day. I also give reasons why I don't like it too. So this whole "whiny haters" thing is false.

Now if you go to the Lit forum, it's different, there you have real passive aggressive bullying, I would imagine they stay away from that more than the TV forum

5. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    They met in The Siege of Mandalore, a story that really needs to be shown. All these allusions to it just make me want it more.

6. DarthTalgus

Sep 3, 2012
    Not my words.
    I can't find the reddit thread mentioning it but it said something about how especially in the summer (between seasons) that the Television section turns into a cesspool of hate. and how everyone is so negative between seasons.

Mod Edit: No linking competetor websites that discuss bans from this website.

7. RedVad

RedVad Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 29, 2012
    If I can fast forward through your action scene without missing anything storywise then maybe you shouldn't have that action scene in your script?

8. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    Let's not bring other forum sections into this discussion and move away from this topic of haters. Instead let's talk about Bo-Katan and what she could bring to the show as well as what this means for Sabine and Mandalore.

By the way, Fenn Rau and Bo-Katan is becoming a ship.

darklordoftech likes this.
  9. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Well I mean...
    Hondo
    Rex
    Ahsoka
    Wolffe
    Gregor
    The Grand Inquistor (retcon)
    Bo Katana
    Cham
    Numa
    Gobi

That's 10 Clone Wars originals that have appeared in Rebels I don't care, but that's still a lot and at this point they've almost run out of characters that we cared about from TCW that were originals.

but I like seeing old characters, but I can understand why people are upset about it.

MandaloreRex2015 likes this.
  10. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    DarthTalgus

Do not link competitive websites that have banned users discussing their bans from this website. Our rules for this forum state this below.

So please do not link such things in the future.

11. revan772

revan772 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 5, 2014
    I do not think that the Grand Inquisitor is a TCW original character, rather then a Rebels character who just later became a TCW episode, through retcon. That is how I look at it.

I really do not mind TCW characters coming into Rebels, it feels nice to me. They crossed into each others stories in TCW, now they are crossing into our actual protagonists stories. I do not find this bad, though I guess I can see how some people will. I just really enjoy this type of story telling. :) Ahsoka is my favourite Star Wars character though. :p

On to Bo, super excited. I hope they make a MASSIVE story element that Sabine is Obi-wans daughter. I think that would be incredible, and gutsy. Though I honestly doubt this will happen. :p

BTW can we get Siege of Mandalore now PLEASE? I feel like we keep getting all these pieces of the puzzle but will never get to see the full image. This arc is obviously important and wanted. They could even do it in Rebels style, like a flashback episode... I can dream, can I not?

12. Darth_Voider

Darth_Voider Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2015
    The Internet is never going to disappoint me.

Gesendet von meinem GT-P3110 mit Tapatalk

13. Welsh Hero

Welsh Hero Jedi Knight star 1

May 14, 2016
    Some characters popping up in rebels is a good idea.

Not all clone war characters' stories would be tied up neatly before revenge of the sith

Sixes and MandaloreRex2015 like this.
  14. DarthTalgus

Sep 3, 2012
    So it's better that they're neatly tied up before A New Hope then ? ;)

15. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    It doesn't disappoint me either.

La Calavera and Darth_Voider like this.
  16. Welsh Hero

Welsh Hero Jedi Knight star 1

May 14, 2016
    No. Just tied up when the story should be tied up

17. Miras-Etrin

Miras-Etrin Jedi Master star 2

Jan 23, 2013
    Well, my best guess is what Rebels are doing is fanservice of fou phases:

1) Some connections to Clone Wars.

2) More connections to Clone Wars, OT characters showing up.

3) Even more connections to Clone Wars, old EU characters are "re-canonnized".

4) Clone Wars galore, ST connections will be visible.

And that is not complaining. I´m fine with that.

18. Darth Basin

Darth Basin Jedi Master star 5

Aug 15, 2015
    As a 1 year old? FOR SURE!

19. Talos of Atmora

Talos of Atmora Force Ghost star 5

Jul 3, 2016
    Oh, I'm absolutely slitting my wrists at the reveal of this woeful news. How DARE we have a dissenting opinion about a television show?! WHAT TRANSGRESSIONS WE HAVE COMMITTED AGAINST THE REINCARNATION OF KING MIDAS, DAVE FILONI! :rolleyes: Come on, man. You're not exactly Nostradamus for telling us that people get hated on in the Star Wars subreddit. That's hardly surprising to anybody. r/StarWars is toxic and always has been since the retcon.

You know what really irks me about the use of the term, "whiny haters"? It gives off this arrogant message that everyone who dislikes Rebels (and TCW) are just being ungrateful for getting a "good" thing. That's what it sounds like. I'm sorry, but calling something "the best thing since sliced bread" when it entails the Mortis arc, everything involving its own stupid version of Quinlan Vos, ruining characters it actually succeeded building up (Ventress and Dooku in Dark Disciple), wasting every opportunity at constructing some nuanced storytelling (the Pong Krell in the Umbara arc, Nahdar Vebb, Barriss Offee in general, etc.), and essentially nullifying everything involving what was canon at that point until it finally had to be put in its own continuity when that should've been done in the first place is its own brand of complete BS.

20. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    These are just opinions so if someone thought TCW was horrible so be it people like or hate things that the majority or minority Like. It's how we work. And it's also perfectly fine to disagree. It's just opinions, but everything is better when people are nice about it.

That's it at least to me.

21. Talos of Atmora

Jul 3, 2016

Which is essentially why calling people "whiny haters" doesn't help.

22. ardavenport

ardavenport Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 2004
    Soooooo, Inquiring Minds want to know..... why are you spending so much time on Star Wars: Rebels when you don't think it's very good?

Now, I myself know the pleasures of bashing a show that I think is terrible because it's just so much fun, but the allure of that wears off after awhile and there is an awful lot of terrific product out there --- movies, TV show, comics, games, some SW, a lot of it not-SW --- that one can happily spend one's time on.

And in my case about Rebels.... it could be better in places, but overall I'm really happy with where the show has been going and I'm very pleased with the artwork.

23. Talos of Atmora

Jul 3, 2016
    Apparently, saying that a show isn't very good is the same as bashing it. Why is hoping a show might improve such an alien concept to you?

24. ardavenport

ardavenport Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 2004
    You have made an assumption that I do not understand the concept of 'hoping at show might improve'. I object strongly to people making untrue assumptions about me and I will say so here.

Generally, when people want a show (movie, game, comic, other media product) to improve, they talk more about what would make it better, and less about the problems. Though I do admit that it is more fun to harp on the bad things, especially if you've got friends to do it with.

Fandalorian and DarthTalgus like this.
  25. DarthTalgus

Sep 3, 2012
    Well I did say that the term whiny haters wasn't my words, I saw it on the Subreddit. Don't shoot the messenger just cause you don't like the news :rolleyes: Talos156 (and I never claimed to be a Nostradamus)
    and a sliting wrists joke, how very mature of you ;)