main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official Star Wars Rebels Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by KED12345, Apr 4, 2013.

1. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Dang those are some interesting parents.

2. ardavenport

ardavenport Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 2004
    I certainly hope that Ezra thinks of going to Bendu to ask how to destroy the Sith. I doubt Bendu could give him a direct answer, but he may have more information. It sounded like Bendu was game for a chat.

[edit]And speaking of Ezra ...... do you think he's going to meditate on what he did see in the holocrons and some of it is going to come out in bits over the season?

MandaloreRex2015 likes this.
  3. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I mean its pretty obvious what he sorta saw.

He saw the events of the OT
    Found this cool video and shows how much things can change.

4. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    I will say that I appreciate that the series is more story-driven than character building at this point. That being said, however, my main gripe is that there are never any arcs spanning multiple episodes. No matter how bleak the situation seems to be for the protagonist, it's a surefire bet that he/she would survive and escape before the half hour episode is up. Even though they air during the evening, it's more like a Saturday morning cartoon. Not counting the one hour season premiers and finales, I don't remember the last two or three- story arc in Rebels going back to the first season.

Vialco likes this.
  5. MandaloreRex2015

MandaloreRex2015 Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 3, 2015
    There was The Lost Commanders/Relics of the Old Republic in Season 2. And although none of them had a "to be continued" at the end, Future of The Force, Legacy, and A Princess On Lothal felt like a pseudo-three parter since the events of the next episode flowed from the ones before.

6. SienneRe

SienneRe Jedi Master star 2

Mar 23, 2016
    also the forgotten droid and mystery of chopper base could be treated as two parters

7. revan772

revan772 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 5, 2014
    I believe season 1, and season 2 both had an ongoing story with a major goal that got wrapped up, but each episode also had it's own self contained story. It is like getting the best of both worlds, because I can watch it as a single episode arc the first time, and a season wide arc one the season is finished. :)

8. What Are The Odds

What Are The Odds Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 31, 2016
    So, I assume they will be returning to Lothal sometime soon.

9. mattman8907

mattman8907 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2012

Actually Spark of Rebellion, Part 1, Empire Day, Rebel Resolve, Siege of Lothal, Part 1 and The Lost Commanders all had a "To Be Continued...." (which i never thought I would ever say this but I actually miss that title card.). title card pop up at the end of their respective episodes.

10. MandaloreRex2015

MandaloreRex2015 Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 3, 2015
    I know those ones did, but Future of the Force, Legacy, and A Princess on Lothal didn't since they weren't marketed as a 3-parter even though the plot of each one built off the one before.

11. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    Yes. As we found out in Steps into Shadows, the current objective for Phoenix Squadron is to acquire enough ships to build a strike fleet so that they can then attack and destroy the Imperial Factory on Lothal. Whether they will succeed in that objective remains to be seen...

12. Sandtrooper956

Sandtrooper956 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 15, 2015
    We did see Lothal in the trailer, so I have a feeling we will soon. Honestly I'm really excited to see the Rebels bring the fight to the Empire for once.

13. Vialco

Mar 6, 2007

As am I. Half the time it seems these Rebels aren't even accomplishing anything. For all their talk of bringing down the Empire, they've achieved very very little.

MandaloreRex2015 and cwustudent like this.
  14. Sandtrooper956

Sandtrooper956 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 15, 2015
    I think that's mostly got to do with the Rebels first major victory being stealing the Death Star plans. I still hope we can see gain some other victories though, even if they don't impact the entire galaxy in a major way.

15. SienneRe

SienneRe Jedi Master star 2

Mar 23, 2016
    I think destroying Tarkin's ship can be seen as a victory though

16. Vialco

Mar 6, 2007

Yeah, the only significant victory they've had so far. And in-universe that happened about a year ago. They haven't had any recent victories though.

17. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    What !! They go through Imperials like butter every episode. The idea they haven't had a victory since does not go with what's been shown. They beat the Empire up so much, you wonder why the war is not over already.

What Are The Odds likes this.
  18. Vialco

Mar 6, 2007

Yeah but they don't achieve anything major. They kill a dozen stormtroopers here, an AT-ST there and blow up a couple TIE fighters. That's nothing. The Empire has an endless supply of these things. The Rebels haven't achieved anything significant yet.

cwustudent and MandaloreRex2015 like this.
  19. Jedi_Kenobi32

Jedi_Kenobi32 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 24, 2005
    So I was able to catch up on the show's third season and so far this season is shaping up to be my favorite.

Season 2 on the other hand was a mixed bag for me. There were some aspects that I liked and some that I didn't like.

Finally, "The Antilles Extraction" is my favorite Sabine related episode so far.

20. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    Arghh I see what you mean. They did destroy the Interdictor and steal a Ship to base fighters on. They also faced Vader twice and stole the Holocron. Even if nothing came of it.

Though overall your right. I think that's because of the time setting where it is based. Just before the 1st Victory. They need to fast forward into the actual Rebellion war in jmo. Like Hoth and Endor. I know Filoni talked about them going off and being in there own bubble separate from the rest , but that will just not work. While making what they do meaningless . They can wipe out 100 ships and 3 Death Stars and it would still be meaningless as its divorced from the main plot. Also having both Kanan and Ezra running around is contradictory at best.

I think the show would have been better if Ezra had not had Force powers. Kanan could still have had them and the show could still do Lightsaber fights but you then kill Kanan off afterwards

21. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

To be fair are we even counting this as the Rebel ALLIANCE it seems to me these are just scattered Rebel cells and that by the end of Season 3 the Fleet will have to form together thus forming what we know as the Rebel Alliance (As seen in Rogue One)

22. Vialco

Mar 6, 2007

Yeah I was going to make that additional point. All of the major victories that Phoenix Squadron has is mainly due to the aid and actions of their Jedi, Kanan and Ezra.

1. Tarkin's Star Destroyer was destroyed by the actions of Kanan
    2. Ezra (with Chopper's help) destroyed the Interdictor
    3. Kana and Ezra took the Holocron from Malachor
    That's about it. Phoenix Squadron isn't much without it's two Jedi.

23. Meeko Ghintee

Meeko Ghintee Jedi Master star 3

Mar 6, 2015
    I really miss the focus the first season had. I felt like the characters were desperate and overwhelmed but also still building towards something. Now, every episode is a narrative island that seems to have a tenuous connection to the last. Everything a fetch quest scatter-shot willy nilly about the galaxy with no explanation of context or consequence. Now that the Rebels are more organized, we should be hearing more about strategy. How to build alliances. Where they can hit the Empire to make a difference. Solving the mystery of why Lothal was important.

24. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    Yes but if it has no effect to the main story then it becomes pointless. In fact with Ezra and Kanan running around and on Force Skype it's very contradictory. It was like Ahsoka, she became effective and Part of the main story by being Anakins apprentice. If she hadn't I doubt her shelf life would have been so long. It's the same with Rebels. Having them going around slaughtering Imperials by the Thousand is pointless as it's not part of the main story.

25. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    Yeah rebels do this and that but don't seem to have any long-term plans- like how to grow stronger- find new allies- get supply lines so they wouldn't need to steal fuel all the time- protect the base on Atollon if empire finds it.... sure it is only this one rebel cell but it should still have some role in the alliance