main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official Star Wars Rebels Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by KED12345, Apr 4, 2013.

1. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    New video just posted for the forthcoming ep:

Interesting that the Imperial loyalist Mando's are referred to as supercommandos in the video title. There's a designation that goes way back...

MandaloreRex2015 likes this.
  2. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Maul also renamed death watch the Supercommando's

3. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Oh hey, that's Gar Saxon from Son of Dathomir. Nice connection!

4. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014

I wonder if we will see him without his helmet on?

5. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    I was just browsing the Wook and it said his hair was blonde, and I was like "how do they even know that?" So I cross-referenced their source and wouldn't ya know he does appear sans helmet in one of the SOD issues.

TheSilentInfluence likes this.
  6. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014

I noticed that too. But like wouldn't his blond hair be turning grey now? Do we know how old he is at this point?

7. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    He'd be the first Mandalorian in Rebels to be blonde not that we have some big pool to draw from.

8. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
    IDK, he could be anywhere from his 40s to his 60s, as we have no idea how old he was in SOD. Judging by the voice acting I wouldn't peg him as anything older than mid-60s.

And yeah, I'd say that was a conscious decision to avoid the "Aryan" look from TCW, which is why Sabine and Fenn are brunette (probably) and ginger, respectively.

TheSilentInfluence likes this.
  9. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Still if we are ever to go to Mandalore in Rebels the majority of people from the planet were blond white humans and that's something you can't just wave away completely well in Canon anyway.

I am all for that consistency.

10. Maythe14thBeWithYou

Maythe14thBeWithYou Jedi Master star 4

May 26, 2014
    Does anyone live in the Pacific NW? It seems the timing on the TV station (for DISN XD) is all messed up and it's showing it 3 hours behind. Now it wouldn't be a problem usually but on my DVR's schedule it seems to be switching between recording (due to being on the schedule) between 8:30 and 5:30 so it's anyone's guess. I was just wondering if anyone who lives here has encountered this. Thanks.

cwustudent likes this.
  11. mattman8907

mattman8907 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2012
    So I just realized something. Has anyone ever uttered the infamous "I have a bad feeling about this line" in Rebels yet?

12. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    I do! Episodes air EST for me. :D

13. Meeko Ghintee

Meeko Ghintee Jedi Master star 3

Mar 6, 2015
    What ever happened to Ryder Azadi, AP-5, Ketsu, or Seebo? Especially Azadi and Seebo. Has the show completely dropped the Lothal plot line? I thought it was the most interesting part of the show.

14. Sandtrooper956

Sandtrooper956 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 15, 2015
    I know AP-5 is still around, we just haven't seen him on screen in a while. I'm not sure about the others however.

15. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    The next episode seems to be quite lore rich. Really looking forward to this.

Watto and Darth Valkyrus like this.
  16. Maythe14thBeWithYou

Maythe14thBeWithYou Jedi Master star 4

May 26, 2014
    Yea, I live in Olympia, WA and have Comcast. I had this problem w/WGN too and contacted them and it was fixed but I can't seem to fix this. Like this past week the schedule on the TiVo said Rebels and it recorded but when I went to watch it there was some other show so....ugh idk.

17. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    Yeah for those of us who like the lore and connections to Star Wars history, I think Rebels is the place we're going to get this (as opposed to the new films). It wasn't very present in Season 1 but they've started to gradually build up to this. As soon as I knew we had a Mandalorian in the cast, I have been waiting for this moment to bring in the Mandalorian history.

18. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    Agreed Watto

Season two got the ball rolling a bit, but Filoni is starting to really expanding the lore and connections to the wider universe.

Watto likes this.
  19. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Rebels/animated Star Wars is where we have gotten almost all of our Mandalorian history from. :p Maybe Dave is becoming Karen Traviss? Well as long as he doesn't turn them all into Gary sues....

20. MandoArtist

MandoArtist Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2015
    AP-5 was mentioned in "The Antilles Extraction", we just haven't seen him yet.

I think it's likely Ketsu will appear again this season, given that this is meant to have a lot more emphasis on Sabine and those two obviously have history that needs to be explored more.

21. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    I live in Longview! Have you caught any reruns? I've noticed that, three hours after premiere, there's usually a rerun.

Maythe14thBeWithYou likes this.
  22. StarWarsFreak93

StarWarsFreak93 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2015
    Ryder I think is fighting on Lothal, as at the end of Princess On Lothal he says "back home" to fend off the imperials there. AP-5 is on Atollon, as he was mentioned in Antilles Extraction. We just haven't seen him yet. Ketsu isn't really WITH the rebels. She aids them from time to time like in Forgotten Droid, but she's not flying around in their fleet with them. I expect an appearance from her later, though. Tseebo is nowhere near Phoenix Squadron. They dropped him off to some of Bail's soldiers and Artoo, so he's most likely somewhere much more secure, probably Yavin? We probably won't see him again, since we have closure to Ezra's parents now. Although Tseebo is mentioned in Battlefront: Twilight Company as an incident that the Empire doesn't want to occur again.

23. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    My question is, is this super commando part airing this Saturday? Or the next one?

24. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
  25. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    okay thanks