main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official Star Wars Rebels Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by KED12345, Apr 4, 2013.

1. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
  2. Ithorians

Ithorians Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2016
    Absolutely!

Right. For me the difference is that there isn´t much Maul can do, because unlike Kanan, Ezra, etc, we KNOW Vader is going to be around later in the story. Of course Maul doesn´t know this, and it has to be explained in the form of power levels, which is why he showed concern about Vader arriving to Malachor. The Ahsoka fight didn´t look all that even to me (Vader injuries comes from the sneak attack and the temple´s blast), but still I do think Vader´s victory against Maul would be anything but easy. That´s why I like the idea of not facing them yet, Maul is avoiding that confrontation and he is being smart by doing so.

Right! looks like before Malachor he must have encountered one... I get the feeling that, because of the timeline, it was someone with relatively little training, like the Sixth Brother, and that´s why years later he defined the Eighth Brother as powerful. But he was capable enough to keep them away from his trail. Perhaps one or several Inquisitors went to Malachor and simply couldn´t find him because he was hiding, waiting to the right situation to get his hands on the Holocron. It would explain why it took so long for the Eighth Brother to get there, he was going step by step from previous searches...

MandaloreRex2015 and Erkan12 like this.
  3. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Maul didnt even need to physically fight an Inquisitor, he could just pick them up with the Force and choke them or do a saber throw or both. In fact he could've taken Kenobi out like that on Florrum or again on Sundari or at any time he desired. The 8th Brother was not by any means powerful compared to any Sith or Jedi Knight of TCW. You're taking the obviously deceptive Maul's description of instilling fear, at face value who was gaming Ezra and the Jedi into his trap.

I don't see what a craft has to do with anything, as we never saw any crashed ruined ship on Malachor. Only ship Chopper found was the 8th Brother's. So both their crafts could've crashed on Malachor, both could have been stranded and then dueled or Maul took the Inquisitor's damaged or otherwise comprised craft to Malachor and left him / her dead somewhere else. The Inquisitors were stronger than Kanan throughout Season Two, and even for Ahsoka who blew her chance in killing them when she first fought them on Malachor she did not any advantage over them . Both Ahsoka and Kanan at first wanted to flee, but Maul inspired them to stand and fight as he took on 3 Inquisitors at once and baited the Jedi in to fight alongside him and to actually do something since they were pretty much cowards cept for Ezra who wanted to fight like Maul. By the end of the season two Inquisitors were better skilled. There is no reason to think they did not up their training post the duel on Takobo. There is no reason to believe at face value that Maul could not take Vader alone, he was being deceptive the entire time. He was keeping them there because he primarily needed Ezra. If he needed the Jedi warriors to aid in fighting Vader then he would not of attacked them simply. Remember once Vader arrived Maul jumped in to save the two Jedi from the Inquisitors and sped things along and then turned on them to rid himself of the Jedi by either killing or maiming them. Did Maul want to destroy Vader or convert him, we don't know that either. Maul seems to regard his adversaries as little more than play things, he's like a cat that plays with a ball of yarn.

4. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009

Your thread wasn't deleted, it was merged with the existing Rogue One Trailers and TV spots thread.

5. Ithorians

Ithorians Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2016

Oh well, I meant that the absense of ships on Malachor is important as proof that Maul hasn´t killed dozens of Inquisitors since he got stranded there... that´s why there wasn´t dozens of ships in Chopper´s readings. To be clear, I´m not saying Maul feared the Eighth Brother or anything. I´m thinking about the context when he said that he was powerful: it was meant as the Inquisitor being a threat to Ezra, Kanan and Ahsoka. And then he defeated Ezra in a matter of seconds, and dealt with Kanan too... and wasn´t defeated by Ahsoka easily in turn. So, for what we see onscreen, maybe Maul wasn´t so wrong. Maybe he is smarter now than to go around underestimating his enemies, even if it´s one of his biggest flaws (and it cost him against Kanan).

And about that, I find it unlikely that Maul sees Vader as a plaything. It would mean underestimating him, and he has enough losses in his name because of this very fact. Actually, I think he didn´t want to face Vader at all, but to use the Temple´s weapon against him, and that´s why he looked in a hurry to deal with the Inquisitors and the Jedi before Vader got there... both parties would try to stop him in fulfilling his plans. I´m not so sure the Jedi were inspired to fight the Inquisitors by Maul, I think they were forced to face them because the Inquisitors were, in turn, very interested in presenting a big victory to Vader before he arrived, and rushed in turn into a very bad position because they made the same mistake of underestimating their enemies.

Finally, what would Maul try to convert Vader into? the Inquisitors seemed very clear in their power scaling, they chose to face Maul instead of failing Vader. What could Maul offer to Vader that he can´t take by himself? (It´s an honest question, sounds interesting).

6. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Also they get a lot from people watching it off of Disneyxd.com For instance, I have never watched it on actually TV.

StarWarsFreak93 likes this.
  7. Sana Solo

Sana Solo Jedi Youngling

Dec 7, 2016
    Ok thanks

8. DavrelKex

DavrelKex Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 18, 2016
    Yep, it's one of the Mandalorian Crusader murals from TCW; this one is from Pre Viszla's residence on Concordia.

9. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    I think there should be more inquisitors still since their task was not only to hunt Maul and rebels but also to keep force-sensitives in check. There were at least 8 of them and if 4 of them are confirmed dead it doesn't mean they all are. It seems possible Maul has killed a few but there may be dozens of inquisitors (probably just a few though like 12-30) working for Vader- they are not very powerful but a way to utilize force-sensitives in the Empire and sure they are better than stormtroopers. I think they just got bored of designing and animating them and wanted to use Thrawn instead as a main villain in this show. Phoenix Squadron is not only problem for the Empire after all- it's not like all inquisitors need to be constantly hunting them- especially when Thrawn is now at that task.

podjazd, SilentGuy66 and cwustudent like this.
  10. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Kallus had that same task as an ISB agent. The idea was when regular military came across a Jedi, they'd call in an Inquisitor or call Vader and Vader would call in an Inquisitor. Thrawn was gonna debut in Season One during some conceptual stage but he got pushed back not to rush whatever storylines they had. I don't see Thrawn being able to combat Jedi, unless Thrawn has Inquisitors by his side or he himself is an Inquisitor(or Vader or Vader and Inquisitors). The Emperor also has a say when to dispatch Inquisitors too, so its not just Vader who commanded them as their master. Maul also referenced "all their masters are my enemy".

11. Theo333

Theo333 Jedi Master star 3

Mar 29, 2011
    I don't think I'll get over the frustration of seeing all the great foreshadowing from the Season 2 penultimate and final episode: Kanan and Ezra turning violent on each other, the Sith holocron opening...

And they just 'resolved' it quickly or buried it.

12. mattman8907

mattman8907 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2012
    So after Rogue One premieres on Thursday, Which characters do you think Rebels will introduce first into the show?

13. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    Saw hopefully.

DBPirate, podjazd, Larsonator and 3 others like this.
  14. Jedi Master Scorpio

Jedi Master Scorpio Star Wars Television star 5 Staff Member Manager

Oct 24, 2015
    Cassian would be my guess. However K2SO could be an even higher probability since K2SO still needs to be re-programmed. Although Saw is a good pick as well

15. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    Krennic as a one off villain?

16. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    Most, if not all, the Rebel high command. Probably some new imperials; not sure if we'll see Vader again. Tarkin pretty much suggested the Jedi command was no more and Vader wasn't needed (at the start of season 3)

17. Flex Madine

Flex Madine Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 17, 2015
    Made the point in the Lit thread, but I really do not want Maul or any of the Rebels because it would cheapen ANH for me. There is so much they could get into (Jabba, Mos Eisley) without making contact.

18. Darth_Voider

Darth_Voider Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2015
  19. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Yes!

20. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    In Rebels Recon, they chose to include Krennic, Baze vs AT-ACT, Vader, and Saw. I don't think that was unintentional.

JEJ is still with us. They have the character model. We'll see him again.

MandaloreRex2015 likes this.
  21. StarWarsFreak93

StarWarsFreak93 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2015
    I think Saw is a given for Rebels. He was name dropped in season two, and it leads me to believe some, if not all, the Ghost crew will go to Jedha and we'll see how it became a war zone as Jyn states.

22. Third Brother

Third Brother Jedi Youngling

Sep 27, 2016
    After watching the part where Ezra nearly commits murder due to his visions of Maul, I'm starting to wonder if Ezra's constant shifting behavior causes the rebellion to kick him out for fear of getting people hurt.

23. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    I hope not, that would be cliche, and the loss of a Jedi would suck for the Rebellion. Besides, that was just a plot point for this episode. The only things that are leading Ezra towards a dark path when it comes to the force are his attachment to the rest of the Ghost crew and his ambition to destroy the sith. Both will lead him down the same path Anakin took, and with Maul continuously goading him, Ezra might reach a crossroads between the Light Side and the Dark.
    But Bendu is a wild card, because he represents a third path. Bendu has already proven himself a wise mentor for both Kanan and Ezra. Maybe Ezra will turn to Bendu if something happens to really throw his force perspective out of whack. Ezra doesn't like Maul, and probably isn't willing to seek out Yoda because of what happened last season.

anyway, here's something interesting, from Entertainment Weekly on December 11th regarding Rogue One:

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/12/11/strong-non-spoiler-first-reactions-rogue-one-star-wars-story

there are several non-spoiler reviews of the film out that hint toward several Rebels easter eggs or tie-ins.

24. What Are The Odds

What Are The Odds Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 31, 2016
  25. Third Brother

Third Brother Jedi Youngling

Sep 27, 2016
    True, it could be cliché. But the idea that Ezra did that and that Sabine could be seen as a new 'Padawan', kind of replacing Ezra, I'm starting to think Ezra will leave the rebellion or turn dark.