main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official Star Wars Rebels Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by KED12345, Apr 4, 2013.

1. Ithorians

Ithorians Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2016
    It was talking to Ezra in Shroud of Darkness, if I remember correctly.

2. Zejo the Jedi

Zejo the Jedi Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 16, 2016
    Wow, i forgot about that. Man, Yoda is a sellout.

3. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    being "consumed by the dark side" isn't the same as falling to the dark side, like at all. It means the jedi, the light side, lost to the dark side. The Jedi experienced fear, anger and hatred, but they never used it. The Jedi experienced fear in that they were afraid to lose their way. They were very mindful of this, and were unable to win the war because of it. The Jedi experienced anger in that they were angry at the Separatists for killing their brethren. Still, the jedi forgave and rejoiced that their comrades were one with the force. The Jedi hated Count Dooku for igniting the situation and Grevious for prolonging it, but they wanted justice for their actions, not revenge.

4. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Their ability to use the Force had diminished. They fell so far from the light and did not know it until it was too late. Each time they thought and carried out evil deeds(fear, anger, hate, ect) they were using the dark side. They weren't using the light side or connected to it as they thought. Thats what consumed means, adsorbed and utilized . They were agents of evil, whether wittingly or not they served the dark side now and were manipulated by the Sith as a Dark Lord of the Sith commanded them as Supreme Chancellor. They were puppets . Each time you see Jedi being arrogant and boastful, all that vanity and hubris guiding & dictating their actions, is all evil. So yes they were using the dark side. Each time they forsaken and abused their principles, ethics and code, they were using the dark side and no longer worthy of being Jedi. They were instruments of their own destruction. Which seems a reoccurring theme with Ben Solo, a former Jedi turned evil again. Its like this big ouroboros occurring.

One thing I like about what they did with Maul now, he's kinda an iconoclast. He's out to destroy the Jedi and the Sith and become something different or more.

DarthTalgus and Fandalorian like this.
  5. silvereyed

silvereyed Jedi Knight

Sep 6, 2016
    Ugh, after next week's episode there's going to be another 4 week break >:[

Vialco likes this.
  6. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Think about it this way. At least it means we won't have to wait as long for the trailer which will come out in April while the season ends in march

7. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    They want us to end up looking like a bunch've Aresko's ad Grint's with hanging on a stick build up in anticipation routine. To be frank, these intermissions suck,as they're not needed and overly done.

podjazd likes this.
  8. TheNerdyOne_

TheNerdyOne_ Jedi Knight star 2

May 24, 2015
    That's a pretty big stretch.

Yoda saying the Jedi were consumed by the dark side means that they were consumed by the dark side. No, this isn't quite the same as turning to the dark side, but it's also completely seperate from being defeated by the dark side. The Jedi lost their way, that much is undeniable. Instead of being peacekeepers, they were warriors for a corrupt senate. That alone is justification for Yoda saying they were consumed by the dark side. The dark side is much more complex than you're making it out to be.

Fandalorian likes this.
  9. Fandalorian

Fandalorian Jedi Master star 3

Apr 18, 2015
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. DarthTalgus

DarthTalgus Force Ghost star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Not to mention that they plotted an assassination attempt on Dooku (Dark Disciple), was going to kill an unarmed opponent even though it's againt their code (Mace vs Palpatine), prepared to take control of the Senate incase Palps didn't give up his position (ROTS), decieved Anakin and who knows how many others about Obi-Wan's death. (causing a lot of grief for the people who knew him)
    But no the Jedi were deceived and never did anything morally questionable or dark ;)

Jedi Knight Fett and Fandalorian like this.
  11. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    Lucas does say that Anakin was right to stop Mace from committing an extra judicial execution who was clearly wrong. Though going from that to killing children 5 minutes later is clearly a stretch.
    Though that goes from changing Anakin motivation from falling to the Darkside from protecting the legitimate Government to being about Padme !

Jedi Knight Fett and DarthTalgus like this.
  12. Zejo the Jedi

Zejo the Jedi Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 16, 2016
    Mod EDIT: No drive-by swipes.

13. godisawesome

godisawesome Skywalker Saga Undersheriff star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 14, 2010
    If they were cunning about it, they'd incorporate a brief time skip into that break, and put some significance on leaving a story hanging for a while. Even something as simple as saying Ezra and Sabine are headed to Clan Wren slowly so as not to alert I perils or Mandalorians in the sector.

14. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Okay, I know we can be kinda loose with topics in this thread, but let's move from a topic that's almost wholly a TCW and/or PT topic.

15. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    Lucas's view is not important, also because its been revealed that all the Jedi were consumed by the Dark Side, due to the Sith Shrine buried under the temple. That part of the story was added apparently many years after the PT films were released so his commenting would be out've date. Anakin was already messed up mentally prior to becoming a Jedi in the films and even throughout on and off TCW series. By being brought to the Jedi Temple that woud've made him , like the other Jedi there, consumed by the Dark Side. On top of that, Palpatine was a shadow teacher to young Anakin for many years and throughout the war. In ROTS he cemented himself into Anakin's mind when he revealed his true nature.

Moments before Anakin wanted to kill Palpatine:

Remember also Sidious was talking , tempting and corrupting Anakin through the Force telekinesis moments earlier as he waited in the Jedi Council chamber following Windu's commands. So Anakin was certainly never in his right mind, if he ever was to begin with as he was a nutcase in the films especially.

Sidious just killed the other Jedi Council members and tried killing Windu. Talk about resisting arrest. Realistically and lawfully Windu despite himself being corrupted, was correct. Anakin, in part, was being deceived by Palpatine's whims, pleading and his apparent physical disfigurement don't forget. Then Anakin cut off Mace's lower arm from behind, and he did it purely out've selfish interests in the end, "I need him".

So was nothing honorable or justifiable in his attack, nor was it a simple parry and disarming - unless disarm means to literary dismember an arm. I don't see Windu ever looking the other way, it could really go no other way after that for Anakin. Was not like Anakin did anything else but watch Mace get murdered pretty horrendously. Anakin simply fell to his knees and pledged himself to Sidious as their was nothing else he could do, there was no going back. All the Jedi were screwed up in SW. Yoda is even strange and had to go through his trials and even in the OT he was odd, sending Luke to kill Vader is the opposite of what he told Ezra and the others. Maybe Yoda started reverting or so no other option, SW is odd. On one hand they want clear heroes and good guys, and yet they want to create all these other things and side things , they can't seem to make up their minds. But since its fantasy and it needs an end, we get the good guys and the bad guys, even both basically are wrong or whatever.

16. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Not gonna say it again Vorax. Move on.

17. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014

I missed your post above mine.

18. DavrelKex

DavrelKex Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 18, 2016
    I actually thought the convo was pretty interesting...oh well.

19. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    So if the Ghost crew ever came face-to-face with the Emperor, would they try to kill him? Because as far as they are concerned, Emperor Palpatine is just a scarred, withered old man. They have no idea that he's a Force-wielder. Would Sabine or Zeb or even Hera try to shoot what they believe to be a defenseless old man? The reason I ask is because in ROTJ Mon Mothma is extremely excited by Palpatine's presence on the Death Star because it means the Rebels can kill him.

Saw would absolutely take a shot at the Emperor. But would the more moderate Rebels do the same?

20. DavrelKex

Aug 18, 2016

I think they would probably try; my guess is Kanan and Ezra would sense that he's surrounded by the dark side and thus not defenseless. That leads to the attempt to kill. But I think we all know how that would go.

21. SyndicThrass

SyndicThrass Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 25, 2016
    Hitler wasn't exactly a strapping man who was in the prime of his life during World War 2, if anything he was quite a physical wreck by that point...but I'd still think the allies would have killed him given the chance. I assume it would be the same with the Rebels. Hera's world was enslaved by the Empire, and Zeb's people suffered a genocide...I could see them pulling that trigger if things got desperate enough.

darklordoftech likes this.
  22. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    It is doubtful they'd ever get that close to Palpatine unless he wants them to or they have aid of someone far more capable than any of them or they get lucky with him traveling out've the Imperial Palace. Kanan would likely attempt to kill him for Order 66 alone irregardless. We don't know whether they know he' s a Sith Lord or not, but Ahsoka did. Yoda vaguely and in passing warns Luke about The Emperor before he dies. Maul made very short work of The Ghost crew twice, I don't see them or Saw being threats to Sith in a confrontation.

23. DavrelKex

Aug 18, 2016

I don't think he was implying that they COULD threaten Sidious, just if they WOULD given the chance. I seriously doubt anyone in the galaxy during this time would have much hope against Sidious. Vader perhaps.

darklordoftech likes this.
  24. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    Sidious killed Vader with Lightning.

25. DavrelKex

Aug 18, 2016

That's why I said "perhaps". Remember, Vader was injured at the time. Maybe he might have been able to do it if he was at full strength? But I digress; I don't think anyone, myself included, meant to imply that the Ghost crew, or anyone really would pose a major personal threat to Sidious. Just an ethics question.