main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official Star Wars Rebels Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by KED12345, Apr 4, 2013.

1. Ghost Ryder

Ghost Ryder Jedi Master star 4

Jan 16, 2016
    And (if true) it indicates that the Mando stuff won't just be wrapped up this season, which is cool.

2. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    The more the merrier.

3. Diego Lucas

Diego Lucas Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 12, 2015

With scenes of the next episode.

4. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    Quite disappointed there is another break.

5. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    It's beyond me why they are doing it.

6. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    They want the season to finish around the time it did last year (late March) which would set it up well for Celebration Orlando in April.

They also resumed Season 3 a couple weeks before they did for Season 2 (S3 - Jan. 7th, S2 - Jan. 20th) in order to better capitalise on the fact that the mid-season premiere was a direct tie-in to Rogue One. On top of that, Ghosts of Geonosis was a two-parter with both parts airing the same day.

These factors have resulted in us being on production episode 15 already of Season 3, and we still have over a week of January left.

In order for them to stretch the season out to finish when they want, they have to have some breaks. I guess they decided to have one hiatus for four weeks so that it's a straight run to the finale when the show resumes.

Also worth mentioning that these types of breaks are not uncommon for cartoons in general. I'm personally quite grateful for the break as I have an exam in February and I don't want to be too distracted.

MandaloreRex2015 and Ryan Hunt like this.
  7. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    I wouldn't put it past Disney to do something to advertise Episode 8 during the break. The Super Bowl is in 2 weeks.

8. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007

It's also good not to get too addicted to television shows. Life goes on during hiatus.

9. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    For the record, I'm not suggesting that I'm addicted to the show, but all the same it's nice to have a break forced upon us so that there is less temptation.

10. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007

Oh I wasn't implying that you were. And I agree, it's good to have breaks once in a while.

11. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    We just had one though.

Canyon D likes this.
  12. Ewan Tibbetts

Ewan Tibbetts Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 13, 2016
    I'm okay with the hiatuses. They mean the show is basically running all year.

13. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    There will still be about a 5 month hiatus between this and season 5 though

14. Chris0013

Chris0013 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    I will say it again...they need to do stand alone movies between the seasons...1 or 2 movie specials.

Imagine if they re-did the story of Mutiny on The Rand Ecliptic as a 2 hour movie / 4 episode arc 1/2 way between seasons.

15. Ewan Tibbetts

Ewan Tibbetts Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 13, 2016
    Better than 7 months imo.

16. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014

Looks like the one with the same paint logo on the helmet is likely Sabine's brother.

MandaloreRex2015 likes this.
  17. StarWarsFreak93

StarWarsFreak93 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2015
    The break makes sense though. After this one I don't think there'll be any more, and we should then have the finale on April 1st, around the same time season 2 had its finale (3/31). Then in two weeks we'll have Celebration where there will be season 4 previews.

But I'm kind of curious if we'll get a season 4 trailer. We then wouldn't get any other glimpse of the season for, what, 5 months if it airs in September? I don't see them doing a Siege of Lothal summer episode like with season 2. And it's weird they haven't even officially announced a season 4. They did for season 3, back in November 2015. Wondering why they haven't for season 4? Even if Disney is in it for the long run they should still announce a new season for publicity and press.

18. DavrelKex

DavrelKex Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 18, 2016

Nah, both of the male Mandos in the scene have that logo. My bet is on the Supercommando we see later on with the Clan Wren colorings on the shoulder plating. After all, Gar Saxon did say, "You could be wearing *this* armor now."

19. godisawesome

godisawesome Skywalker Saga Undersheriff star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 14, 2010
    We see a winged helmet in a woman's hands in the mid-season trailer with the same design, as well as more heavily customized armor. And her helmet resembles the one worn by Rook Kast...

20. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014

It's probably her then. And maybe Sabine's brother too?

21. DavrelKex

Aug 18, 2016

I thought it was kind of obvious that the female Mando in the custom yellow armor was her mom. I mean, she even looks like Sabine's space-ethnicity (Asian).

Her brother is probably the Supercommando with the yellow bits on his shoulder plates.

22. Vegeta Daimo

Vegeta Daimo Jedi Master star 1

Nov 30, 1999

I just wanted to post this trailer for the 3.5 mid season so I could ask who's the Mando in the red/white armor that Sabine is fighting with & why's he got her darksaber?

23. DavrelKex

Aug 18, 2016

You really need to watch "Imperial Supercommandos"

Short answer is; Gar Saxon. http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Gar_Saxon

24. godisawesome

godisawesome Skywalker Saga Undersheriff star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 14, 2010
    It's entirely possible the ISC is just a liaison officer between Sabine's Clan and Gar Saxon's men. But there is something intriguing about the idea of Sabine having a fully indoctrinated sibling in ISC ranks. And there is something timid about the guy's posture and gestures that imply he either has a personal reason to be mildly more restrained in dealing with Sabine (if he's her brother) or at least aware that he's not really in control of the situation (if Sabine's mom is disgusted enough with her self to make Saxon and co. wary of pushing too hard.)

I feel like someone has to personally betray Sabine and friends to Saxon, so either that guy's already reported in, Sabine's mom is just a bit too broken to protect her (which would really hurt) or there's other members of the clan willing to be informers.

I thought it was kind of obvious that the female Mando in the custom yellow armor was her mom. I mean, she even looks like Sabine's space-ethnicity (Asian).

Her brother is probably the Supercommando with the yellow bits on his shoulder plates.

Pretendalorian likes this.
  25. DavrelKex

Aug 18, 2016
    In "Imperial Supercommandos" Gar Saxon states "You could be wearing *this* armor now."

So we know Sabine was on the fast-route to being a member of the ISC.

Add to that knowledge that her mother/family is highly respected (Saxon and Maul both imply this), and that she has a brother and it's a relatively simple extrapolation that her brother took what would have been her place with the ISC. Doesn't make it true, but I can see it going that route fairly easily.