main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official Star Wars Rebels Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by KED12345, Apr 4, 2013.

1. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    This seems to be more detailed than previous worlds in the show. It seemed like I was looking at a painting.

2. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    What about the books? Maybe there was a new planet introduced in there.

3. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012

I desperately need to catch up with the books. I'm really been lacking in that department :(

TheSilentInfluence likes this.
  4. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    So am I.

DanielUK likes this.
  5. Snax Rebo

Snax Rebo Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 1, 2017
    I think it's either a new moon/planet or the snow moon from TCW. It's not something from the books or comics.

6. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    What if it's Hoth?

Mountains look similar to Hoth's landscape.

Furthermore, early Ralph McQuarrie concept art for Hoth looked like this:

[​IMG]

which shows that there was intended to be vegetation under the snowy surface.

Which leads me to believe that the conifers we see in the preview clip could grow on parts of Hoth. Remember that we only saw the area around Echo Base in Empire Strikes Back.

7. Snax Rebo

Snax Rebo Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 1, 2017
    Hoth is discovered by Major Ematt and his Shrikes according to Complete Locations. The rebels had no idea of it's existance. Thats why it took them 3 years to find a suitable base between ANH and ESB.

MandaloreRex2015 likes this.
  8. Zenwalker

Zenwalker Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 18, 2015
    Greetings. Has there been any discussion in the forums about Rebels as it relates to the ST? If so, can someone please direct me there?

9. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    I mean not really. Right now there's basically no connections between the two. Some talk comes up now and then here, but it's sporadic.

However, if you really want you can head to the Episode VIII/IX forum where there are a few threads where you can discuss that. But again, it's all basically spitballing at this point.

10. Jedi Master Scorpio

Jedi Master Scorpio Star Wars Television star 5 Staff Member Manager

Oct 24, 2015
    If you do venture into TLJ forum, bring a shield and helmet.

Trust me, you're gonna need it :D

11. H-BOMB

H-BOMB Jedi Master star 3

Feb 21, 2009
    I'm going to go out on a limb and say that new planet from the previews may be Kalevala, referenced as Satine Kryze's homeworld in The Clone Wars. Mandalorian senator Tal Merrick was also from Kalevala, so the connection to Mandalore is strong. Perhaps Clan Wren has a stronghold on the planet as well?

Or it's a brand new planet, perhaps inspired by Galidraan? Which technically isn't Mandalorian but it has a strong connection to Mandalaorian history in the Legends-verse.

Either way I really dig the snowy Scandinavian-esque landscape and design of the planet. Snowy trees and ice lakes galore! (Also perhaps a hint that it may be Kalevala, the planet itself named after the Finnish national epic).

Just throwing out some ideas here!

12. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    I was sure he was a prince, too. I checked the Wook, only the Legends section refers to his royalty. [face_dunno]

13. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Well Sabine's mother is
    a countess

14. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
    Promotional art piece for "Legacy of Mandalore"
    [​IMG]

DarthUncle, DarthAnakin96 and podjazd like this.
  15. jamminjedi23

jamminjedi23 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2015
    So when do you think we will hear the announcement of season 4? I'm guessing they will announce it at Celebration. Slightly odd that we havn't heard anything yet given the fact that season 3 was announced prior to season 2's midseason break.

Would be quite odd for it to get canceled at this point given that they are only a couple years away from TBY and they made several references to the show in Rogue One.

16. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    The entire series was commissioned by Disney; the press releases about new seasons being confirmed are merely a formality and a way to get the show back into the news. This was confirmed by FPJr in one of his streams on Twitch a while back. He has also confirmed elsewhere that he's done voice recording for Season 4. Ergo, it's absolutely happening, and also given how Pablo mentioned on Twitter earlier in the week how Rebels is doing well among its target audience (unlike TCW which failed to retain its viewers after getting darker), Rebels will hopefully be able to run its course instead of being cut short.

17. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
  18. CloneWarsFan01

CloneWarsFan01 Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 1, 2015
    My only wish for Rebels is that, when Season 4 starts this fall, it should move to Disney Channel so it can get more viewers in ratings and if the series starts to get a bit more serious.

19. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
  20. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014

Its not.
    The planet is called Krownest, which seems to be a play on crow's nest.

21. H-BOMB

H-BOMB Jedi Master star 3

Feb 21, 2009
    Yeah, I noticed. A bit disappointed my theory didn't pan out, but a cool new planet is always welcome!

22. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    Was a good passionate theory though.

H-BOMB likes this.
  23. Diego Lucas

Diego Lucas Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 12, 2015
  24. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    Well that should also clear up some of the ethnic and racial differences debates on Mandalorians in canon's version.

25. jamminjedi23

jamminjedi23 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2015
    Well all the Rook Kast theories went down the drain. Chances are probably slim now that we will see her at all in this show (or if ever) given that she never even made it onto our tv sets during TCW.