main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official Star Wars Rebels Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by KED12345, Apr 4, 2013.

1. Theo333

Theo333 Jedi Master star 3

Mar 29, 2011
    Star Wars Rebels was a mistake.

2. Zejo the Jedi

Zejo the Jedi Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 16, 2016
    It's ok, i just wish they completed TCW before creating Rebels.

T7-01, revan772, Darthmaul208 and 5 others like this.
  3. Canyon D

Canyon D Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 17, 2015
    tbh I dont even compare this show to TCW, I honestly cant. I hope they announce a new show at celebration that either is on a more mature channel (I'm not sure what channels Disney actually owns) or is on Netflix.

TheMDOSS1313 and fett 4 like this.
  4. SienneRe

SienneRe Jedi Master star 2

Mar 23, 2016
    Well as I said before I still prefer Rebels than most of TCW episodes but I hope they can do better in season 4. If they go for "series" instead episodic arc, let it truly be series where every episode push the main story forward.
    It worked for me in season 1 and after binge watching season 2 I could see it there as well but season 3? Too... random (and too much Ezra everywhere, all the time)

La Calavera likes this.
  5. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    Rebels has been fantastic for me. Added so much depth to the OT timeline and the character development, on individuals like Sabine, has been fun to watch. Where they can, the team has managed to expand on the lore - linking Old Republic and TCW era into Rebels.

6. JH24

JH24 Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 19, 2017

I feel the same way. Nothing against Ezra, but he really didn't need to have such a big role in this episode. It took away precious time that could have been used for Obi wan/Maul.

It also frustrated me that everyone lets Ezra off the hook so easily. No consequences whatsoever?

Looking back, I was surprised to realize there were only a few episodes I would re-watch. Just a handful. That's not a good sign. This season had such amazing trailers and created so much hype, but generally (except for a few gems, like "Through Imperial Eyes") the episodes feel underwhelming for me personally.

podjazd and cwustudent like this.
  7. Zer0

Zer0 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 3, 2012
    It doesn't help that they cram far too much in single episodes.

CT1138 and Darth Wookiee like this.
  8. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    Budget and timing issues no doubt.

9. The Mirificus

The Mirificus Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 25, 2015
    You know what's going to be weird about this show now? No Force using antagonists. Like, I get how that could work for a few episodes (Thrawn blows stuff up, everybody runs and hides, whatever), but long term it strikes me as unsustainable. If you have good guys who have supernatural powers, the villains need some way to counteract that. That was one of the great things about the Ezra and Maul episodes; every time Ezra thought he was a super-special snowflake for using the Force, Maul would turn it into a disadvantage not an advantage for the boy. Ezra never won because of his Force abilities, like he could against Stormtroopers. Things only turned out for him in the end because he had people help him. I feel like somebody or something else needs to keep Kanan and/or Ezra in check now. Maybe the Bendu steps up to the role since the Rebels ruined his peaceful planet. Maybe Imperial fleet commanders start getting memos from His Imperial Majesty's precog system. Otherwise, all the Jedi stuff is going to get boring from the lack of conflict.

10. Pain and Suffering

Pain and Suffering Jedi Master star 3

Mar 8, 2015
    I watched Steps into Shadow and The Holocrons of Fate recently, and Kanan and especially Ezra are determined to discover the secret to destroying the Sith. But I question whether they know who the Sith actually are. They wanted to get rid of the inquisitors, but the inquisitors aren't Sith, and anyway, all the inquisitors that they know of are dead at the end of season 2. So the only threats left that they know of are Vader and Maul. But Maul doesn't consider himself a Sith, although Ezra does refer to him as "Darth" Maul when he is speaking to the Bendu. But it seems odd that when Maul asks him what Ezra will look for in the holocrons, Ezra tells Maul that he wants the secret to destroy the Sith. If Ezra thought Maul was a Sith, then wouldn't he basically be telling Maul, "I'm looking for the secret to destroy you"? If that's not what he's saying, then the only Sith left that they actually know of is Vader, and wouldn't they say that they want to destroy Vader instead of 'the Sith'?

Anyways, I'm just wondering how much Ezra and Kanan actually know about the Sith. It's sounding like the only reason they went to Malacor was basically because Yoda told them to, and they don't have a full understanding of what defeating the Sith actually means.

MandaloreRex2015 and Ventrix like this.
  11. CloneWarsFan01

CloneWarsFan01 Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 1, 2015
    Here are 10 things I hope we see in Season 4:

1. Bo-Katan
    2. X-Wings
    3. The Emperor coming out in the flesh for the first time
    4. Ezra informing Bail Organa that he knows of Obi-Wan's presence on Tatooine
    5. Answers to the question on the fate of Ahsoka
    6. More build-up and tie-ins to Rogue One
    7. The return of Cad Bane
    8. A visit to Mandalore
    9. The Battle of Scariff seen from the perspective of whoever is on the Ghost.
    10. A definitive answer on if Season 4 is the final season for Star Wars Rebels.

12. R.D.

R.D. Jedi Master star 3

Nov 26, 2015
    More rebel redshirts for stormtroopers to shoot down here and there so that we don't keep questioning just how the Empire even keeps going. ;)

If this season ends with them being forced out of the Lothal sector but joining the Yavin group as R1 hinted, that'll be fairly handy to do.

13. The Mirificus

The Mirificus Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 25, 2015
    Oh, I doubt they have a clue. Kanan's deduction that Vader must be a Sith way back in Season 1 shows this. His logic is evil plus more powerful than the Grand Inquisitor equals Sith. The two Sith he might have heard of while at the Jedi Temple, Tyrannus and Maul, are dead and presumed dead, respectively, at this time. But he knows that the Sith Order must have continued on. The Force lets him know of a generic Dark Side shift, and basic Jedi teachings tell him the Sith must be somehow involved when really bad things happen. Maul also speaks of the Sith collectively, rather than his Master personally. The implication is the individuality of the Sith involved is irrelevant. Defeating the Sith means not just destroying Vader or Sidious, but preventing the continuation of the Sith lineage and their teachings. Their use of the collective word, to me, shows they know that this goal is important. But how to go about accomplishing that? Not a question these guys can answer.

14. Poor Maul a character very mistreated by Filoni in this new canon he deserved a better death

15. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000

TCW (a few episodes aside) has the right balance so while a Cartoon it could be what Starwars always was. A Space Adventure for families of all ages.

Genuinely not trying to be rude but simply curious, how has Rebels added depth to the OT era. It's incredibly contradictory and simply has me scratching my head at how useless the Empire is and why they haven't lost already.

16. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    right, because a large imperial fleet inlcuding a sith lord at the helm of a Super-Class incapable of capturing one lightly armed cargo ship with a skeleton crew and no hyperdrive makes the Empire look efficient.

17. TheMechanical0ne

TheMechanical0ne Jedi Master star 1

Aug 24, 2014
    I can't help but feel like all of the prequel era villains have been subjected to this at one point or another. Grievous having his old EU backstory denied for the sake of being a 'classic villain' (though they gave Maul a fairly tragic history, guess that's reserved for organics and not cyborgs?), and Dooku...well, aside from being in TCW for lightsaber duels what other character depth has he gotten? We haven't seen much if anything of his politically savvy side.

18. T7-01

T7-01 Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 11, 2016

Well, a little bit about Dooku's political stuff is in the novel Tarkin. But it's not that much.

In rebels the ghost crew would destroy the SSD :p

19. DarthTalgus

DarthTalgus Force Ghost star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    They confirmed that we'll get more about the Inquisitors in time so..
    Maul isn't the shows final Force using antagonist :)

podjazd likes this.
  20. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    Would you be more specific, please? I wasn't aware that we'd learn more in Rebels. I'm only aware of the Inquisitors in the upcoming Vader series.

21. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    Pablo mentioned something about it, but he wasn't specific. Just the team would explore the Inquisitors and their organisation at "a later date."

podjazd likes this.
  22. Houle

Houle Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 3, 2016
    I just saw this trailer, and i'm not sure what to think.

That one quote "Hopefully we can finally deal a blow to the empire, and show the galaxy what we are capable of!" really annoys and kinda scares me. It's obviously a mirror to Thrawns "We will show the galaxy what happens to those who dare speak against the emporer", but if this episode turns out to be a victory for the rebels, i'm done with the show.

Canyon D likes this.
  23. DarthTalgus

DarthTalgus Force Ghost star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I also remember Kilian Plunkett (art director of Rebels) saying at some con that we'll continue the Inquisitor storyline at a later date, if my memory doesn't fail me. (Unless he had knowledge about the upcoming Vader comic)

24. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    I'm sure we are getting another Inquisitor, but knowing rebels he will just be in their as an excuse for duels, little character development then killed off.

25. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012

I'm not sure if they said it would be Rebels; might be referring to the comics. Who knows.

cwustudent likes this.