main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official Star Wars Rebels Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by KED12345, Apr 4, 2013.

1. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    I doubt the Rebels will win as such more they will escape with the loss of a few Redshirts only, with Thrawns aim ultimately failed.

StarWarsFan91 Lol so much for being done with the Inquisitors by the S2 finale. Your correct though, like the others he's just there to do Lightsaber duels. I'm sure all those who just follow and agree with anything Filoni says must be feeling a bit confused now.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  2. Ithorians

Ithorians Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2016
    When was it confirmed that we were going to get no more Inquisitors after season 2? The only thing that I remember was someone (could have been Kilian Plunkett indeed, don´t really recall) that confirmed a closure for the Inquisitors´ storyline had been worked and was going to be included later on the show. This spoke about what happens to the Inquisitorius later in the timeline, not earlier like the Darth Vader upcoming comic, and was a comment made some time ago...

3. GalenX_1399

GalenX_1399 Jedi Padawan

Mar 31, 2016
    I agree, though I actually enjoyed maul in TCW. Showed his intelligence more then Phantom menace, and part of the reason season 5 was so great was him and savage. his story should've just ended there though, He should've died at sidious' hand either in "the lawless" or in the Son of Dathomir Comics. It is possible that George Lucas wanted to keep maul alive past the clone wars, as Lucas played an important role in the series. and if thats the case, then I can respect what filoni did, as It would've been a letdown for maul to be reintroduced to rebels only to be killed in one episode by Vader

4. Noir Deux

Noir Deux Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 27, 2015
    Answered on quote

5. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    The Emperor is very secluded at this point, within the canon, so I doubt we'll ever see him in the flesh.

6. Corac

Corac Jedi Padawan star 1

Aug 16, 2015
    The Emperor might have the same kind of appearance as Leia or Obi-Wan: significant, but no more than one episode.

If he does, I'd guess it would be something on Coruscant itself, when Vader isn't around and he needs something done right.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

7. Sannom

Sannom Jedi Master star 3

Nov 14, 2011
    I want to see Korkie Kryze in season 4. Please Filoni, don't let Satine's legacy disappear completely, have someone among the Mandalorians who still believes in her ideals and in the necessary reformation of Mandalorian society.

8. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012

I think in the Rogue One novel, the Imperials more or less hint the Emperor rarely makes public appearances and it is mostly Vader. Majority, if not all, only think Vader is the only Force user within the Empire. None of them know of the Emperor's powers.

9. Corac

Corac Jedi Padawan star 1

Aug 16, 2015
    Yeah, but he could take action under the radar if absolutely necessary, as he did when he was the High Chancellor.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

MandaloreRex2015 likes this.
  10. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012

He sent Vader to do it. This is what the Rogue One novel more or less implied; the Imperials rarely got an audience with Emperor. Never say never, but I doubt we'll ever see the Emperor. It will be only Vader (which Filoni said was unlikely to return now).

11. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Vader might return if to only deal with Ezra or Kansan one last time since Ezra is already confirmed to survive this season.

ConservativeJedi321 likes this.
  12. Canyon D

Canyon D Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 17, 2015
    I hope they announce a new show this celebration, rebels has long overstayed its welcome

13. Starwarsfan9000

Starwarsfan9000 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 24, 2012
    A lot of people have been confused by Luke's appearance and why it looks like a child from the shadow rather than a teenager like Leia and Ezra. Well according to the trivia in the episode guide they actually just reused Ezra's model just obscured it in shadow so make of that what you will. http://www.starwars.com/tv-shows/star-wars-rebels/twin-suns-episode-guide

14. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    Agreed. It's been fun and I love the original trilogy influence. We really have an embarrassment of riches now as Star Wars fans and I'm really grateful for that.

MandaloreRex2015 and Ithorians like this.
  15. CloneWarsFan01

CloneWarsFan01 Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 1, 2015
    I'm sorry, I meant to say see the Rebels model of the Emperor but in holographic form, especially since we also know Sam says he's recorded more dialogue as the Emperor.

Also, when I say Ezra telling Bail he knows Kenobi is still alive, I mean that in a way to address how Ezra has changed after encountering Obi-Wan, since Filoni said Season 4 would deal with how Ezra would change following his encounter with Obi-Wan.

16. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    When did San say that?

17. CloneWarsFan01

Sep 1, 2015
    Someone here in the forums said he mentioned it during Celebration Europe.

18. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    During the rebels Panel? I was there and he didn't say that.

19. CloneWarsFan01

Sep 1, 2015
    No. Some other point during Celebration Europe.

20. Noir Deux

Noir Deux Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 27, 2015
    Mmm Celebration Europe happened in July 2016 and we found out about Obi Wan on January 2017, I think that maybe you confused what Filoni said about Maul not Kenobi.

21. The Mirificus

The Mirificus Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 25, 2015

IIRC, I think the context was that Sam kinda-sorta indicated that he was done recording lines for Maul, and people asked what he would do next. He mentioned the Emperor, but there was uncertainty / not sure if serious tone to it. It might have been in the panel with Tiya. Also, I think "how Ezra would change following his encounter with Obi-Wan" is correct... Obi-Wan being the one to put Ezra back on the path of family & rebellion, vs. a futile quest against the Sith. Ezra isn't really changing in Twin Suns because of Maul... he's already turned his back from the Dark Side, so it's not like this moment convinced him that a future with the Dark Side isn't a future anyone should want. He's already come to that conclusion, and seeing Maul's deterioration merely reinforces that he made the right call.

MandaloreRex2015 likes this.
  22. Tanjint

Tanjint Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 21, 2015
    Thought of 2 questions about Rebels and Clone Wars: I've only seen the first 2 seasons of Rebels but throughout the entire thing, does Rex ever explain his last days with the 501st or indicate that he knew of Anakin's transformation? The timeline between Ahsoka's vision in the temple and the end of season 2 is pretty quick so while it's possible she talked with Rex about what she learned it doesn't appear it was ever made explicit?

Second question: Why do you suppose Rex was chosen to be in Rebels as opposed to Commander Cody? Or Does Cody die after betraying Obi-Wan in Episode III? I guess it's totally possible he did, I just didn't notice it during my last viewing of ROTS.

-T

23. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    Rex was probably chosen because it's pretty clear the Cody is pro-imperial in ROTS, callously shooting down Obi-Wan without a second thought. Having him side with the rebels would be a bit of a change of character.

Rex is unaware of Anakin's transformation, as he was on Mandalore during the final arc of TCW, which is concurrent with ROTS.

24. Tanjint

Tanjint Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 21, 2015

That final arc being the one that never actually was finished or you mean that's where Rex was during those last Yoda episodes of the series as released?

Personally do you think Ahsoka and Rex discussed it between her vision in the temple and her confrontation with Vader?

-T

25. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    The never released Siege of Mandalore. It seems unlikely that they discussed it, Rex makes a reference to Anakin at one point in Season 3 with no suggestion that he knows about Vader.

Tanjint likes this.