main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official Star Wars Rebels Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by KED12345, Apr 4, 2013.

1. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    And die

2. Ithorians

Ithorians Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2016
    Completely agreed. With this being the whole section of the forum dedicated to Rebels, for me it makes sense that if one really dislikes the series, he/she shouldn´t waste the effort posting here at all and let people who do enjoy it discuss things in their own light. I´m most certain it would make everyone happier.

3. CloneofVader

CloneofVader Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 5, 2016
    Filoni plot armor never breaks. In future she can even appear in post ST series...
    p.s. Another missed opportunity. Presense. Who was she ? How this temple was built. And some more info about devastating battle... I remember many theories before s3 arrive... Traya, female Revan, new sith lord... But writers does not care... They giving us singing droid in space...
    Get used to different opinions ... And please no more posts like- Don't post here because I don't like it...

4. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    It wasn't really important to the story who she was.

5. Ithorians

Ithorians Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2016
    I am very much used to different opinions, but thanks for the advice anyway. What I was aiming for was that opinions that have a good reasoning behind can make for a good debate in a fairly consistent matter. The "this is a piece of crap, I´m not watching it anymore" kind of post in a weekly basis, on the other hand, doesn´t.

6. ManWithoutAStar

ManWithoutAStar Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 19, 2017
    Neither was the creation of the temple.

7. TheMechanical0ne

TheMechanical0ne Jedi Master star 1

Aug 24, 2014
    My main issue is when various members start making jabs or snide and immature remarks towards other members for their opinions on the show.

DarthTalgus likes this.
  8. Charlie07

Charlie07 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 22, 2015

https://soundcloud.com/makingstarwars/episode-174-episode-grrr8t-the-last-jedi

fett 4 likes this.
  9. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Then the mods take action. Such is the way of things. I would like people to be able to disagree peacefully, but we are not perfect.

10. CommanderFlage

CommanderFlage Jedi Youngling

Mar 5, 2017
    They definitely need to make the Ghost Crew in actual true danger to make you feel like they could die. To me they need to be up the risks because as of now I know each time the crew is in danger they will get out of it in no time. Otherwise I can't wait for season 4!

ConservativeJedi321 likes this.
  11. The Mirificus

The Mirificus Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 25, 2015
    I think we've established by now that the Ghost Crew with survive pretty much everything. An alternative way to increase the stakes that the show really ought to use more, imo, is the consequences of failure. The Ghost crew survives consistently, but they do not always succeed. Who is affected by their losses? We should be seeing civilians who don't get aid, prisoners who don't get freed, local governments toppled by the Empire with no one to stop it. The feeling that the Ghost Crew and other Rebel groups are trying, but rarely succeeding, to help turn the tide of oppression in the Galaxy. They win a little, enough to give hope to a brave few.

12. Zejo the Jedi

Zejo the Jedi Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 16, 2016
    Disappointing season, season 2 was much better and hopefully the forth one is the last one. No need to drag this any longer.

13. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Why would you say this was a disappointing season? Was it how they handled Thrawn?

14. Zejo the Jedi

Zejo the Jedi Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 16, 2016
    He felt like a step down from Grand Inquisitor and Vader, and there's a lot of mediocre and filler episodes this season.

15. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    The Grand inquisitor was definitely the best villain of the show.

podjazd likes this.
  16. DarthTalgus

DarthTalgus Force Ghost star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Knock off the baiting. they have to resort to jabs and mean comments.

Kinda sad that some members get away unpunished for this tho while others do not.

ManWithoutAStar likes this.
  17. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    DarthTalgus

Knock off the baiting attempt to get other users riled up. And if you see a comment that is baiting or breaking the rules, please use the report button.

18. DarthTalgus

DarthTalgus Force Ghost star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Guess I'm not one of the members that get away with things then :p

19. IG_2000

IG_2000 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 5, 2008
    [​IMG]

20. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    This is the correct answer. :p

21. Tanjint

Tanjint Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 21, 2015

I figured as much but wish they'd at least acknowledge it in an episode.

- T

22. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Am I the only one who likes season 1 the best?

Maybe It was because back then the crew was completely new to us or perhaps its just nostalgia, but If that were the case I would have thought Season 1 was the best.

23. Sandtrooper956

Sandtrooper956 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 15, 2015
    Actually I think that's what they've been going for with Lothal. Remember in the season 2 premiere when they had to leave the refugees of Tarkin Town behind? Kanan and Hera both insisted there was nothing they could do for them, and there wasn't. That was the same thing with this finale.

The Rebels spent the whole season building up their forces for the attack on Lothal only to loose everything right as they were about to do it. Even Mon Mothma said it was too soon for open warfare against the Empire.

MandaloreRex2015 likes this.
  24. TheMechanical0ne

TheMechanical0ne Jedi Master star 1

Aug 24, 2014
    You aren't alone there, season 1 was definitely my favorite season as well. The fact the characters, both heroes and villains, were new and the setting of Lothal was a new planet...not to mention the little tidbits of info released before the show released that sort of gave a small run-down on individuals like Old Jho or the designations of the astromech and protocols droids present on Lothal. It was something fresh, focused on expanding these new characters to the Star Wars saga, where the Ghost crew relied only on one another as they fought in their contained but still meaningful battles against Kallus and good ol' Grand Inky. There was a magic to it all I can't help but feel has been lost in the following seasons, like the focus has shifted from the new characters introduced for the show to bringing back familiar faces...lots and lots of familiar faces.

25. The Mirificus

The Mirificus Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 25, 2015
    I agree that Lothal could be an excellent example of such, but are they now more concerned with destroying the factory or improving the lot of the people on Lothal? Or helping other Rebel cells by ensuring that there are fewer special awesome TIEs produced? I think there is room for a great conversation about why the inability to attack Lothal was so disappointing, maybe circling back to the S2 conversations Kanan and Hera had about whether it was a good idea to serve a larger Rebellion.