1. A Message For Everyone:

TCW vs. Rebels debates are not allowed in the Television forum. As in, discussions that descend into TCW/Rebels bashing/gushing will be subject to Mod action. Contrasting the themes, story lines, characters, etc. between the shows is allowed (welcomed, even). "Versus" debates/arguments, however, are a deal-breaker.

Rebels Official Star Wars Rebels Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV' started by KED12345, Apr 4, 2013.

1. CloneofVader Jedi Knight

star 2
    I'm not your buddy, guy
    Show Spoiler
    Last edited by CloneofVader, Jul 17, 2017
    AplagueOnTheWise likes this.
  2. DANNASUK Force Ghost

star 6
    Now, now. Let's not fight...

Oh, such a shame it was cut out. Would've been interesting to see.
  3. Hond0 0hnaka Jedi Youngling

Where was Gregor and Wolffe in Season 3 episode 6 (The Last Battle)? I felt that they should have been included in that episode.
  4. Darth_Accipiter Jedi Knight

star 4
    slingin' Joopas and sending false alerts to the Empire.
  5. starocean90 Force Ghost

star 7
  6. Darth_Accipiter Jedi Knight

star 4
    Filoni seems to be brushing out behind the fridge all the stories he wanted to tell in Rebels but didnt have the time.
  7. Sandtrooper956 Jedi Knight

star 4
    Kinda wish these could've been in the show, they would've been really touching moments. I understand though time is an issue and I'm just happy to see them now.
  8. DANNASUK Force Ghost

star 6

I wonder, though, if some of these stories were not allowed to be told? I've always been fascinated how the Story Group works, in terms of canon, and if it has the power to overrule or veto a plot device. I know Dave Filoni and others in live-action have stated in the past scripts have to be submitted for discussion.
  9. fett 4 Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    Meh cliched dialogue that sounds important but means nothing and is ultimately pointless. More and more, given the blandness of Rebels , I'm convinced that TCW succeeded due to Lucas and his involvement and Filoni basically took credit for that while deflecting blame for any bad stuff on George
    starocean90, cwustudent and Vialco like this.
  10. Ancient Whills Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Would love to see more of those after the end of Rebels. Filoni sure knows how to draw.
  11. TheSilentInfluence Silent and Friendly Mod of SWTV and SWC.

Manager
    star 6
  12. Ancient Whills Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    More like deleted scenes, I think.
  13. ManWithoutAStar Jedi Knight

star 3
    wrong thread, sorry
    Last edited by ManWithoutAStar, Jul 22, 2017
  14. DANNASUK Force Ghost

star 6

Hard to know, really. We don't know the reason for the exclusion.
  15. Darth_Accipiter Jedi Knight

star 4
    I would put them on the same level of canon as the TCW cancelled arcs.
  16. DANNASUK Force Ghost

star 6

Nah, until we know for sure - this could be on the level of Darth Bane and Revan deleted scene from TCW.
  17. Vialco Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    You know, I find it pretty sad that Rebels can't find room for awesome scenes like Ahsoka training with Kanan and talking with Bendu, but they can devote an entire episode to Chopper finding a new leg.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  18. Darth_Accipiter Jedi Knight

star 4
    so this is happening. It will be covering the events of the novel first, but I wouldn't be surprised if it continues Thrawn's story following the conclusion of Rebels.

[IMG]
  19. fett 4 Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    I think your half right. Right about Chopper etc but I where I disagree, I'm not sure that Ahsoka/Kanan scene as awesome not by any stretch of the imagination
    cwustudent and Vialco like this.
  20. DANNASUK Force Ghost

star 6
    @Darth_Accipiter

I would not be surprised if Rebels is 'continued' in comic form.
  21. Darth_Accipiter Jedi Knight

star 4
    that's what happened with TCW so it wouldn't surprise me, but the way they were playing it up at SWC made it seem like there would be finality to the story of Rebels. We do know Hera and Chopper make it through, so I wouldn't be surprised to see a novel or comic about her. If more of the Ghost crew make it through the finale I'd say it's a definite that the TV show will end but its story will continue in other media.
    Last edited by Darth_Accipiter, Jul 22, 2017
  22. DANNASUK Force Ghost

star 6
    If they do, I fear they'll be fringe characters in other media. Apart from Sabine.
    MandaloreRex2015 likes this.
  23. StarWarsFan91 Jedi Master

star 4
    When it comes to the end of season 4, the show would improve in my eyes if Zeb, Kanan, and Ezra die together. Perhaps buying time for their friends to escape.

Hera, Sabine and Chopper can't die for plot armor reasons, but the Ghost crew should get hurt by the end with Thrawn or Vader playing a role in that.

For me, Rebels having a sad ending fits better with it being a prequel to ANH.

Hearing about the 2 confirmed dead Jedi, could influence Tarkin into later telling Vader that the fire of the Jedi has gone out in the galaxy.

It also creates an understanding in why the Rebellion wanted to find Obiwan in Rouge One, since their only jedi help was killed earlier.

Because of the kid friendly nature of this show, we don't see the bodies of the fallen. Im fine with not seeing Kanan or Ezra getting killed by Vader. But the implication could still be presented that they fell in combat, or the ship they are in blew up.

In his final moments, Ezra truly acts like a Jedi. Knowing he isn't going to survive, but ignoring selfishness to survive to help his friends.
  24. Jedi Knight Fett Force Ghost

star 7
    You know I find it funny that they decided to tell us that 2 and probably 3 of the main characters/recurring characters survive the show.

I am of course talking about Rex, Chopper and Hera
    Padme501st likes this.
  25. DANNASUK Force Ghost

star 6
    Without starting up "that" debate again, Rebels probably needs a positive ending. It cannot be Rogue One in animated form or a spiritual open ended like TCW Yoda arc.

Yes, bad things are happening in the Galaxy but there must be hints at a better tomorrow. Something positive is required, in my opinion. The finale simply cannot boil down to the canon executing anyone who is surplus to requirements. It would be cheap.

Give me a happy ending for the show that I love. Just this once.