main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official Star Wars Rebels Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by KED12345, Apr 4, 2013.

1. La Calavera

La Calavera Force Ghost star 4

Sep 2, 2015
    Wow, that was a very good clip. I think this is the first time I saw Mon Mothma showing any kind of emotion.

2. MandaloreRex2015

MandaloreRex2015 Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 3, 2015
    You're not misremembering. I heard the same thing when word got out that Bo-Katan was coming back. Perhaps she'll get one more appearance later in the season to tie things together?

3. Dame sans merci

Dame sans merci Jedi Master star 4

Jan 17, 2016
    Yep. As much as I enjoy having a focus on Sabine, the Mandos really don't hold much interest for me. I found this a bit of a chore.

This one also felt like a weird choice for a season-opener: I wonder why they went that way, rather than with something like 'In the name of the rebellion' which seems to offer a) a full team adventure b) an introduction to the new Yavin base and c) a deep dive into the state of the larger rebellion and its long term aims.

podjazd and SilentGuy66 like this.
  4. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    The Shadow Emperor Yes she did say 3 episodes if we can take her remembering it accurately. It would make sense to see Bo Katan again for one more cameo if Sabine leaves the Ghost crew and returns to Mandalore at the end of the series.

Sandtrooper956 likes this.
  5. The Mirificus

The Mirificus Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 25, 2015

"In the Name of the Rebellion," from the preview at least, sounds like what I expected this entire show to be about. People beginning to get organized, deciding on targets, debating their loyalties and moralities. We've been promised episodes that link well together in the second half of the season, and the choice of Heroes of Mandalore as season opener may reflect connecting parts to a story more than choosing a representative opener. We were introduced to some "extraneous plot threads" in Season 3, with Sabine's return to her family, and Ezra's visits with Maul. They were important to individual characters, but not to the Rebellion. Those threads now need to fall away for the focus to return to the events prior to Rogue One. Mandalore is now, for the most part, resolved. The opener accomplished that and showed off the show's decidedly improved animation. Now, we can move on to Yavin and such priorities without the need to take a side trip to Mandalore (except perhaps briefly at the very end).

6. TadoFett

TadoFett Jedi Grand Master star 3

Aug 16, 2004

I agree regarding Mandalore. I like that plot, but am guessing we won't see it again until an epilogue, or something to wrap it up before the end.

7. R.D.

R.D. Jedi Master star 3

Nov 26, 2015
    Pretty much this for me. The treatment of the Death Troopers just made me roll my eyes and go 'laame'--at the very least, they should be treated like the commando droids from TCw, but right now, the Empire feels less of a threat than the squawky battle droids (and in regards to Ewoks, remember that the Empire was beating them until Chewie leant a hand). Destroying multiple ISDs in a row also feels like it dilutes what the rebels accomplished at Scarif when that was meant to be the moment the Empire began to take their fleet forces seriously--and even that aside, it's just lazy to reuse the 'overcharge the big macguffin thing' so soon.

It's also very amusing to contrast it to things like the upcoming Battlefront, where Imperial elites are indeed treated as very dangerously as they should. Apparently the Imperial military has room enough for both clownish keystone kops and actual professionals in the same corps.

But overall, on their own, the recent Rebels episodes on their own are alright and passable as far as kid's animation is concerned to me, it's just that there doesn't seem to much to offer for the sort of fan I am.

redxavier, Snafu55 and JH24 like this.
  8. Theo333

Theo333 Jedi Master star 3

Mar 29, 2011
    Cool Things rendered lame and useless

TIE Defenders [X]

Death Troopers [X]

(In the span of 2 episodes too! Well done Rebels!)

9. Snafu55

Snafu55 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 19, 2015
    Why can't the imperials just be menacing and competent for once... as enemies and controlling most of the known galaxy...

podjazd and ARC_RC-7567 like this.
  10. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    Good lord, why does DisneyXD make it so ridiculously hard to find the full episodes on their site? I had to keep clicking around until I finally found it buried in some obscure link off in the corner.

revan772 likes this.
  11. MandoArtist

MandoArtist Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2015
    DisneyXD is impossible to use in the U.K.

12. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
  13. MandoArtist

Nov 12, 2015
    So, I've been watching Season 1 again lately. There's one thing that really stood out to me in this season, and that's how charming it was. It was far more tame, more focussed. The Spectres weren't apart of this larger Rebellion, they were a single small-scale group that operated strictly on a single planet. We saw far less action, and way more character interaction between them and stupid moments. I actually liked that. It was full of soul. It was nice to see them more relaxed, especially with the knowledge of what's in store for them in later seasons. Three characters were particularity different.

Kanan, starting out as this wise-ass who gets cocky. Then taking on the responsibility of a Jedi teacher and becoming the wiser and more calm person we in Seasons 3-4. Seriously, go back to season 1 Kanan and you can see how much he has changed. It honestly tugs at my heart. Kanan is the best character in Rebels for me, without a doubt.

Zeb had an obvious discomfort and annoyance to direct at Ezra and Chopper. He was clearly this grumpy archetype. Then we see him develop into a more thoughtful and gentle person, especially noticeable when he interacts with Ezra. He turned from a grumpy older brother to more of a uncle. When I think about, it hasn't felt like Zeb has gotten much attention out of all The Spectres. Kinda sad, because I think it greatly contributes to why he's typically the least favourite of the main cast.

Sabine was sassy. All the time. Either that or sarcastic. She was defined by little more than her artistic nature and explosives. They touched upon something more than that in Out Of Darkness but it's brief. Since season 1 she seems way more tame, like she suddenly calmed herself down. She just didn't smile as much or was she as happy. But it's not till all the way in Season 3 do we truly get to see what was underneath all that spunk and feistiness. Kinda makes it more of a surprise, actually. There was way more to Sabine than one would've ever thought looking at her in Season 1. Like Kanan I feel she's developed a lot.

So yeah. Those are just my thoughts. Season 1 gets a lot of hate. If you came fresh off the later seasons of TCW I can definitely see why. Grocery runs, breakfast, childish-fighting...alien concepts to the dark, war-ridden tones of TCW. But taking a step back and looking at what season 1 was meant to be and accomplish, which I feel was getting us to become interested in these characters and their relationships, I think it did remarkable. Why do things need to be dark? Why can't things be cute? I miss season 1. Rebels certainly changed a lot after it. As the first season, watching it only makes me gonna miss Rebels even more when it's finished.

14. Ghost Ryder

Ghost Ryder Jedi Master star 4

Jan 16, 2016
    The smaller episode count helped there, and I like that this season is closer to it (and to be clear, I think the counts in 2 and 3 are appropriate for expanding the crew's activity).

Fallen Jedi Master likes this.
  15. R.D.

R.D. Jedi Master star 3

Nov 26, 2015
    I'll give this to season 1, making it about a band of rogues on a backwater did make it feel more natural than later seasons trying to shoehorn the crew across major events in the rebellion.

La Calavera likes this.
  16. Hopeless

Hopeless Jedi Master star 4

Oct 28, 2006
    It's a shame they forgot that origin I would have liked to see them interact with new rebel cells and focus more on them as they move up in importance.
    For example where did Iron Squadron end up especially after the death of Commander Sato?
    Lothal could have used an episode setting up the new group whilst they were busy helping the Mandolorian rebel cell, but no.
    We could have an episode based around Ahsoka and her original Fulcrum identity, those Inquisitors had to be targeting force sensitives a bit more frequently than just that episode, who dealt with that if not her?

17. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    the focus of the show is supposed to be the Ghost Crew, not all those other cells or Ahsoka and the Inquisitors. They're only going to do a story if Ezra, Sabine, Kanan, Hera or Chopper are involved, and this small group can only be involved with so many things without question marks being put up about the time frame.

cwustudent likes this.
  18. Vinylshadow

Vinylshadow Jedi Master star 3

Sep 3, 2017
    Having each season focus on a separate rebel cell would've been ideal, each facing different threats, (Kanan and Ezra v Inquisitors, Ahsoka v Vader, Phoenix Squad v Thrawn) with the last season having them all finally unite

19. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    http://comicbook.com/starwars/2017/10/25/star-wars-rebels-dave-filoni-favorite-moment/

"I think that the Malachor episodes where Ahsoka confronts Vader was a big moment for me as a storyteller, because it was something I thought about for a long time and theorizing how it's going to go is one thing; actually having to make it concrete and put it on film is another, because that's how it is," Filoni revealed.

"I think that we created a great environment for the episode. I think that it really hit emotionally with people," Filoni confessed.

"I do think in some ways that the best work that I've been able to create with the team of people here, is yet to come in this season four," Filoni pointed out. "You get a crew working season to season and they just all know everything better. The more they do it, the better they get and each season should be better than the last. My hope is that this season will represent the best work we did and bring it to its rightful conclusion."

20. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    Nobody remembers Zeb. Even the writers, it seems. :zeb:

21. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Poor guy, no one's posted in his thread for almost two years.

22. MandoArtist

Nov 12, 2015
    I like Zeb. It feels like he's become irelevent since the end of season 2.

23. Vinylshadow

Vinylshadow Jedi Master star 3

Sep 3, 2017
    I...honestly forgot about Zeb entirely and was surprised to see him in the S4 episodes and never questioned why he wasn't on Mandalore

Snafu55 likes this.
  24. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012

We have a Zeb thread?!

revan772 likes this.
  25. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008