main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official Star Wars Rebels Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by KED12345, Apr 4, 2013.

1. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Force Ghost star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    Well we know Hera and Chopper (and the Ghost) survive and stay with the rebellion through to Endor thanks to Forces of Destiny. Rex they've teased the fan theory that he was one of the strike team on Endor (and I'd be perfectly happy with that). Zen and Sabine they could go any direction. Kansan and Ezra (and yes Ahsoka) are the only ones they really need to wrap up.

Kanan I think will be killed, Ezra I'm not sure. After the last 2 episodes I really think his fate is tied to Lothal. Either he'll die liberating it, or maybe stay fighting the good fight whilst the others go back to the main rebellion. Or become some sort of mystic there but not there being like the Loth Wolf and tied to the planet. Ultimately I just don't see him leaving Lothal. Ahsoka, much as I love her, needs to die. They probably should have done it in the season 2 finale really, fighting Vader seems like it would gave been her best ending, but they could always surprise me with something even more fitting.

2. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015
    As we're discussing fate's of the characters at the end of Season 4, here are few of my expectations/opinions :)

Hera & Chopper - We know they survive at least post-ROTJ. After that, its anybody's guess.
    Zeb - Doesn't have much to do or any development anymore, so I would be perfectly fine with him just staying with the Rebellion, going back to Lira San to train the new generation of Lasat warriors, or dying heroically to protect others. If they would decide to go the RO route, I would really like if Zeb and Kallus go down fighting together against overwhelming odds.
    Sabine - Again, can stay with the Rebellion or go back to Mandalore to help fight against the Empire there. I don't really see them killing her.
    Rex - Similarly to Zeb, not a very important character anymore. He can easily survive and be Nik Sant on Endor or simply just another Rebel grunt. Thou I still wish we would have an episode where Rex meets Cody, whose still loyal to the Empire, and the episode would end up with either one killing the other or with them killing each other. Vader killing Rex would also be okay, even thou Rex has no idea who Vader is and Vader doesn't care.
    Kallus - Not important. Can stay with the Rebellion or die, either way, it doesn't effect anything. Thou Kallus sacrificing himself to protect others would be a nice moment of redemption for all the crimes he committed as an ISB agent.
    Ahsoka - If she isn't dead already, she has to die. No other option possible here. She simply cannot be alive when ANH starts. If Filoni pulls out some nonsense with her leaving for the Unknown Regions or something similar, I'll be pissed. Her dying at the end of Season 2 really was the best possible place to end her story and the fact we still don't know what exactly happened to her its a huge mistake IMO.
    Thrawn - Can go either way. If he does end up dying at the end of Season 4, I hope it will be glorious, with tens of thousands of dead Rebels around him :D (Yeah, I know this will never happen)

Kanan & Ezra - The real questions. Everybody else's fate (except Ahsoka's) is not really that important. Kanan has to die. He is a Jedi Knight at this point, officially recognised by Yoda even, and the Rebellion simply cannot have a full fledged Jedi Knight running around when Luke joins (or even during the events of RO). Already the fact that there was a Jedi working for the Rebellion so close to the events of ANH takes away from the uniqueness of Luke for the Rebellion. And Kanan simply leaving the Rebellion (and Hera) for some mystical mission to the Unknown Regions would just be a very cheap cop-out. Kanan dying at this point is good storytelling, it has power, drama and impact on the other characters. If they don't kill him, it will simply be out of fear to kill a main character in a kid's cartoon.

With Ezra, they have a bit more manoeuvring space. Even thou he is a Jedi in my opinion, some people would argue that being a Jedi Padawan doesn't mean you're a "real" Jedi yet. Personally, I completely disagree with this, as that would also mean that Obi-Wan in TPM, Anakin in AOTC and Ahsoka in TCW were also not real Jedi, which is nonsense. Ezra is a Jedi and for continuity sake, he cannot be with the Rebellion anymore during RO/ANH. Ideal scenario for me would be for Ezra to die protecting Lothal, as I do believe this would be the best for the overall story and atmosphere of desperation we see at the beginning of RO. However I do not believe Lucasfilm will do this. I just really hope they won't have Ezra "abandoning" the Jedi path, but still staying with the Rebellion. For me, this is the nightmare scenario (together with Ahsoka and Kanan surviving). Ezra knows too much about the Jedi teachings, lightsaber combat, the Force, the Sith, etc., to be around when Luke joins.

3. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Just like Ahsoka needed to be wrapped up.

4. lakhota

lakhota Jedi Master star 1

Apr 25, 2014
    Will the Thrawn Sequel be before the ending of Rebels? Or carry on after Rebels?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    All we know is that it’s set after season 3

lakhota likes this.
  6. R.D.

R.D. Jedi Master star 3

Nov 26, 2015
    Yeah--don't know bout this forum, but on some others, there was also some people up in arms about the liberties that show took with what was then EU canon. Now that Disney chucked the latter out, it was a concern that was...lifted pretty handily.

7. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    A lot of people cared at the time about the Mandalore being a pacifist planet.

8. ssidiouss

ssidiouss Jedi Master

Nov 15, 2004
    Ezra didn't just make a morbid joke.. its much more than that. Most people are missing the big reveal in this episode.. Ezra has gone further down the park path.. he's no longer a Jedi/Padawan.
    A few brilliant things that they did during this episode arc which ended with Ezra going dark side:
    1) The Star Wars Rebels logos were using the somber and ominous music instead of the normal uplifting and hopeful Rebels music. This usually means something sad/serious happening.. which was Ezra giving in to the dark side of the force.
    2) They first gave a small nod when Ezra went to face the guy at the end in the boiler room.. the Boiler room platforms were reminiscent in design to the platforms where the grand inquisitor fell right after warning that they have no idea what they have just unleashed (seeds of darkness in Ezra)
    3) They brilliantly had the furnace opening and closing.. which casted lightness/darkness on Ezra. Light .. Dark.. Light.. Dark.. as he teetered between his emotions. Notice his face get very serious right after he notices the light saber. He makes a shocked face when he first see's the saber (light on him from furnace) then he makes a very serious/angry face as the light goes out for the furnace.. casting him in darkness. Great direction here.
    4) Ezra moved the light saber into trip position.. burning someone to death who was unarmed and stumbling. Watch frame by frame.. this was brilliantly done. The light saber came to a stop and was facing towards the guys foot.. Ezra goes from light to dark in the furnace light as he see's the saber (shocked face in light) to serious/anger face as the shadow from the furnace closing casts on him. The next thing we see is the light saber is no longer facing the guys foot but is instead sideways and in position for the guy to fall backwards. Ezra used the force to move it while off camera when he had that serious face on.
    5) Ezra smiled and enjoyed the kill after the guy burned alive.. a kill he used the force to commit. The guy was unarmed and stumbling backwards.. he could have smashed him against the wall with the force etc.. but instead used the force to burn the guy alive.. and then enjoyed the suffering he committed.
    6) They lingered on the furnace opening and closing for a bit after the fight to give hints that there's something of importance right there to be found. Which will lead to a lot of people breaking that scene down frame by frame and finding a lot of the stuff i mentioned.
    7) It's not if you fight.. it's how you fight.

AV-6R7, podjazd and Fandalorian like this.
  9. Vinylshadow

Vinylshadow Jedi Master star 3

Sep 3, 2017
    I...don't think he's teetering between light and dark, especially since he dropped his lightsaber by accident, which lucky for him saved him from actually having to use it to kill anyone

I'd attribute the somber music more to he fact they're in a desperate situation with trying to liberate Lothal with extremely limited supplies

10. Fandalorian

Fandalorian Jedi Master star 3

Apr 18, 2015

Well i hope he brought an extra water bottle then. It's important to keep hydrated when hiking. ;)

11. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    very interesting tidbit from the Kindred Episode Guide:

12. StarWarsFreak93

StarWarsFreak93 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2015
    I always kept thinking of what Tua said in SoL, and was wondering when they'd come back to it. Ultimately I thought she was referring to the Defender since we didn't know about it yet, but glad to see it was something bigger and a little sinister at that.

TCF-1138 likes this.
  13. podjazd

podjazd Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 16, 2013
    I think she meant

kyber crystals being mined on Lothal. That's my guess anyway - we have a Jedi temple here, now wolves. This place is obviously strong in the Force and IMO there's a reason for that - kybers.

Mia Mesharad and ManWithoutAStar like this.
  14. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    I don't want to be rude but I think you've read way too much into what was meant to be a slightly comedic, if unfortunate, death.

redxavier and ManWithoutAStar like this.
  15. Darth_Accipiter

Feb 2, 2015
    Ezra has a sense of humor that can get a bit dark. So do most people that have dangerous livelihoods. Back in Season 1 he made a joke about the recently killed Grand Inquisitor. This is along those same lines.

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy likes this.
  16. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    Remember, Anakin's humour was quite dark too (especially when he became Vader)

podjazd likes this.
  17. CloneofVader

CloneofVader Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 5, 2016
    [​IMG]

MrDarth0 and TheMDOSS1313 like this.
  18. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    A better look at the paintings in the walls from the episode guide of Kindred.
    [​IMG]
    Looks like Yoda (or someone of his species) and two Jedi are supporting a some kind of messiah. And the one in the middle is very reminiscent of the Jedi temple. I would be so happy to go back there. Some of the best episodes of the show were set in the Jedi temple.

[​IMG]

podjazd and TCF-1138 like this.
  19. Darth_Accipiter

Feb 2, 2015
    Coleman Trebor is the key!

[​IMG]

oh, shoot. So much for that cave painting prophecy.

20. DARTHKANISS

DARTHKANISS Jedi Grand Master star 1

Sep 8, 2004
    The new thread for episode 9 is not up yet but I wanted to know all your thoughts in relation to the introduction of the X wings in the next episode.

It looks as though in episode 9, the Rebels have Xwings in their arsenal and Hera is on a mission to attack the imperials.
    I mean for such an Iconic piece of machinery they should of really dedicated a longer story to the discovery of these ships in my opinion. 1 Episode doesn't cut it for me.

21. Pain and Suffering

Pain and Suffering Jedi Master star 3

Mar 8, 2015
    Those three figures remind me of Yoda, Ki-Adi, and Mace. There also appears to be some kind of flying creature that we haven't seen yet in Rebels. I wonder if it will ever come into play? I'm really interested in these paintings and what they mean.

cwustudent likes this.
  22. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011

Pain and Suffering likes this.
  23. Theo333

Theo333 Jedi Master star 3

Mar 29, 2011
    All of you have it wrong:

[​IMG]

24. Dame sans merci

Dame sans merci Jedi Master star 4

Jan 17, 2016
    The episode guide for Flight of the defender featured a character art sheet for Loth bats, which look a dead ringer for that flying creature:

[​IMG]

25. JH24

JH24 Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 19, 2017
    Apologies if this was posted before. CNN had an article about Rebels back in October. It gives an idea on how Filoni views the ending as well as the audience.

For "Star Wars Rebels," the battle is soon going to be over, as the animated Disney XD series forges ahead in its fourth and final season, during what's become an especially busy time in the "Star Wars" galaxy.

The latest two-part episode reflects how the show, set several years prior to the original movie, has gradually run out of real estate, while dipping into other parts of the franchise. It features appearances by the rebel leader Mon Mothma and the character Saw Gerrera, introduced in the prequel "Rogue One: A Star Wars Story." (Forest Whitaker, who played Gerrera, again provides the voice.)

Dave Filoni, the Lucasfilm Animation veteran who has overseen "Rebels" and before that the computer-animated "Clone Wars," said the ending had less to do with the "Star Wars" timeline -- which has grown more crowded with its emphasis on stand-alone features, like the upcoming Han Solo movie -- and more with the program's natural lifespan.

"You wanted to draw conclusions to some of the characters," Filoni said, adding that in terms of the youthful audience that serves as the show's foundation, "If you can keep them for four years, it's actually quite an accomplishment."

The most recent "Clone Wars" premiered in 2008, during a relative drought after George Lucas completed the second movie trilogy. By contrast, "Rebels" made its debut in 2014, following the Walt Disney Co.'s 2012 acquisition of Lucasfilm and an accelerated production pace intended to generate maximum bang for those bucks.

Although "Rebels" plays on a children's network, there are a fair number of adults in its weekly audience. Still, bringing the program to a satisfying conclusion -- without dispatching key characters fighting against the Empire in a manner that puts kids on a therapist's couch -- does represent a challenge.

"It is quite a puzzle," Filoni said. "Technically, our show wouldn't seem to be coming to a conclusion when things are that great in the galaxy."

Without giving anything away, he added, "The ending works as it's meant to. One of George's main things about 'Star Wars' is it is a story about hope. ... I tried to stick to those themes."

"Rebels" will actually take a break in its 16-episode season in late November, as Lucasfilm focuses attention on the live-action sequel "The Last Jedi." The series will return with its final flurry of episodes early next year, when people will likely be hungry for more "Star Wars"-related content.

Certainly, this is a boom time for fans, but "Rebels'" finish also raises questions about where "Star Wars" animation goes next. The company has already sought to demonstrate its versatility by branching into shorts and online content, and Filoni sees plenty of room to operate, with a cinematic universe big enough to accommodate all kinds of storytelling.

"It's almost limitless," he said. "For me, it's kind of self-serving, because I want to keep working. Hopefully, we can apply this in different areas and different stories going forward for years to come."

"Star Wars Rebels" airs Mondays multiple times on Disney XD.

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/10/23/entertainment/star-wars-rebels-final-season/index.html