main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official Star Wars Rebels Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by KED12345, Apr 4, 2013.

1. TheCowboyBuilder

TheCowboyBuilder Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 25, 2016
    Sorry, I had a thread closed so there was some q's

----------------------------------------------

^^ Pretty much my story too.

I don't know if I have time to dedicate all this time to Clone Wars and Rebels ( I have watched season 1 of TCW and some FANTASTIC episodes in there - but unfortunately too a lot of filler)
    I would love a comprehensive list of episodes of both TCW + Rebels that are good + contribute properly to the canon.

Not asking someone here to compile that list for me of course :)

But again, so long as Disney don't mess with the original film canon I don't mind.
    I feared they could lose respect (especially toward the prequels) to set stories + facts.

2. Ender_and_Bean

Ender_and_Bean Chosen One star 6

May 19, 2002
    Yeah, that was my question so I'll propose it again here:

Brief setup...

I haven't tried any of the recent TV shows. Mostly due to time. The general impression I've picked up on is that Rebels is the best of the lot. I realize this is subjective and that some people will love the Clone Wars much more but for the most part... is it Rebels that is the safest recommendation for film fans to try next due to the quality of the writing, animation, and more mature themes?

I'm a man in my 30s and a fan of the ST so far. Some of my favorite TV shows are more mature content like Game of Thrones, Breaking Bad, and Battlestar Galactica. Some of my favorite animated TV series of all time were he HBO Spawn series, the 1990s Batman cartoon, Disney's Gargoyles and Cowboy Bebop.

Is there anyone out there who is a Rebels fan, who perhaps likes some of the same content as the above, including the Sequel Trilogy so far, willing to sort of pitch me on why they like Rebels and why I might too?

Thanks in advance!

3. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    It's all a matter of opinion regarding which show is better, and by the rules of the forum; it's not open for debate. As a huge TCW fan (duh), it took me awhile to pick up on the more intimate Rebels stories that only focused on the five main characters in each episode. But it's now gotten to the point where I'm looking forward to the upcoming episodes.

4. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    Considering how Rebels and TCW are made by mostly the same team minus GL, it makes sense there will be connections between the two works which would have more meaning if you watched TCW first but that doesn't mean you absolutely have to watch it. There are some TCW and movie cameos but the story is mostly about a small cast of characters in the early days of the Rebel Alliance. We're seeing the story mostly through Ezra's eyes and his evolution both mentally and physically so there's less jumping around than in TCW. Another difference is that it is all in chronological order (even if they did provide a list of chronological episode order for TCW).Quality of writing and animation is subjective, you would have to make up your mind on that. My guess would be to try both series and then continue with the one you like most or if you end up liking both, you may continue. One the most recurring comment I've seen here is how both got better as they went on so try to see if it works for you.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2018
  5. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Well for those that liked R1, I'd highly recommend the Onderon arc of TCW to get a real background for the Saw Gerrera character; considering neither the movie nor his brief stints in Rebels dwelt too much on his past.

6. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
    You can also learn more about the Force in the Mortis trilogy and the Yoda arc than in all 9 movies combined, it's very trippy though. And it looks like Rebels is also starting to get there too.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2018
  7. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    I recall reading the origins of the Force and Yoda's backstory was among the most secretive of George's source material.

MandaloreRex2015 likes this.
  8. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    This could go off on a huge tangent from Rebels, but I remember reading about Yoda's master being this weird snake-like creature.
    [​IMG]

9. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    There are plenty of people who do not like it when Dave or George explored the trippy side of the force.

10. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Well I'd rather it be explained as some supernatural entity than being introduced as some kind of science (also thank George)
    [​IMG]

11. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I think it is a bit to trippy for some people though.

12. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Well it's not for a discussion in here, but I wonder if after the Mortis arc first came out there were people debating about which aspect of the Force did they prefer to see on screen; the mystical/"trippy" side or the scientific one.

13. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I just like a nice balance really.

14. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
    On the other hand many loved it. It surely was divisive but personally I liked it.

15. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I thought it was great to get a arc that really felt like it effected a lot.

16. mnjedi

mnjedi JCC Arena Game Host star 5 VIP - Game Host

Nov 4, 2012
    I liked Morits as a shared vision from the force.

I like it less and less as it becomes more readily apparent that everything in those episodes was actually meant to be taken 100% litreraly.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2018
    my kind of scum likes this.
  17. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Hmm, even in the universe it was a bit wierd for the characters to tell. Anakin thought what he saw on Mortis was real.

TadoFett and MandaloreRex2015 like this.
  18. Theo333

Theo333 Jedi Master star 3

Mar 29, 2011
    For a last half they really didn't put much effort for this trailer. No Thrawn and just vague images with Sheev? It's a Remember This Thing? trailer that doesn't seem to hint any proper arc conclusion with any character.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2018
    DBPirate, fett 4 and cwustudent like this.
  19. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Thrawn does appear you know?

20. Theo333

Theo333 Jedi Master star 3

Mar 29, 2011
    Okay for half a second. You got me.

revan772 likes this.
  21. SyndicThrass

SyndicThrass Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 25, 2016
    There's not a lot of the season left, so they probably tried to reduce the footage as much as they could. But we got the more mystical/spiritual stuff with Mortis and the Wolves to give us some hint as to what the end looks like so I'm not too fussed.

22. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    For the first half it’s just showing old episode clips and for the second it’s completely uninspiring - the whole Cut a hole under the stormtrooper gag is not funny. As for the giant wolf scene dear god that’s bad o_O
    Basically it’s resting on Palpatines apparence to get people interested. Just like they did with every other season after 1. They need an OT/TCW or old EU character to get people to want to tune in.

Jedi Knight Fett and cwustudent like this.
  23. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Considering there's only six episodes of Rebels left, I doubt they need a gimmick to get people to tune into them. If you liked the show, and want to witness the fate of each member of the Ghost Crew, you'll watch it. Palpatine's presence shouldn't make a difference at this point.

revan772 likes this.
  24. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
  25. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    When a scribble is better then your drawing skills could ever be.