main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official Star Wars Rebels Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by KED12345, Apr 4, 2013.

1. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Oh that’s cool! I’ll be sure to pick it up when it comes out on trade paperback.

2. Dame sans merci

Dame sans merci Jedi Master star 4

Jan 17, 2016
    I hate to bring down the tone but....

....the most notable thing about their cameo seems to be the loving attention with which the illustrator drew Zeb's (very) sculpted bottom. Somebody has a fetish.

3. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    That's what I'm waiting for. I have the last Aphra graphic novel that was released (Dr. Aphra and the Enormous Profit).

MandaloreRex2015 likes this.
  4. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Ya, I never collect comics, issue by issue, to expensive a hobby.

Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  5. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    I'm extremely picky. I actually bought the first few issues of the Kanan comic just to get a feel for his background.

Vinylshadow likes this.
  6. Vinylshadow

Vinylshadow Jedi Master star 3

Sep 3, 2017
    The Kanan comics are great and I wish we got similar ones for Zeb, Hera, Sabine, and Ezra, showing more of their early lives before meeting up

revan772 and podjazd like this.
  7. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    If Hera had her own comics, featuring her early days growing up on Ryloth, I'd most certainly buy them on first release.

8. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Sabine And Hera would most definitely sell well.

9. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    I read the "A New Dawn" novel mainly for Hera; and that was well before I really appreciated the Rebels series as much as I do now.

Vinylshadow likes this.
  10. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    It got me so excited for Rebels. That’s for sure.

11. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Not to cause confusion, I read the novel after Rebels had already been released on TV. I had borrowed it from my library around the Summer of 2015.

12. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    Thrawn: Alliances will give us an idea of the time elapsed between Seasons 3 and 4. There's an obvious time jump in-between which might indicate how close the series finale takes place in relation to Rogue One.

read an excerpt here: http://www.starwars.com/news/thrawn-alliances-excerpt

13. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Exciting news. I wonder how long we will have to wait before we read or see Thrawn after the final.

14. Mandalorian Riddler

Mandalorian Riddler Jedi Master star 4

Feb 27, 2018
  15. Twain

Twain Jedi Master star 3

Aug 12, 2014
    I'm extremely pleased with Rebels as an addition to the saga.

Initially, I loved the concept in general and the creation of new characters with their own distinct stories. I loved Season 1. Then things got shaky for me a bit in Season 2 as it started to feel too much like TCW 2.0.

But the way they brought in Thrawn for Season 3 and then wrapped up everything into a nice bow by the end of Season 4 was just fantastic. I never thought I'd be excited for the possibility of *more* Ahsoka because the character was exceptionally annoying to me in TCW movie and series. But Rebels changed that for me. Going forward, that's a mature and respectable character with almost endless potential for exciting SW stories.

Rebels ended up serving many roles for the saga. It serves as an effective follow-up to TCW series and will also eventually be a backstory for the next animated series set post-ROTJ. But ultimately, it's an excellent bridge between the OT and ST. It certainly wasn't perfect but it achieved it's own main purposes and set us up for more future animated adventures in the saga. And it gave us more detail and context to important galactic events right before the OT.

Well done.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2018
  16. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    TBH the worst explanation was Daves about the Empire just forgetting about Lothal. That’s just so self evidently ridiculous, it shouldn’t require a detailed reasoning why

17. Rennzwerg

Rennzwerg Jedi Master star 2

Mar 26, 2017
    Indeed. Lothal's garrison, Governor, a whole fleet plus one Grand Admiral wiped out in one fell swoop. But let's just sweep that under the carpet and forget about it.

In my mind I have Palpatine instructing Tarkin to put Lothal on the "to be destroyed" list, once the Death Star has been put into play. To just do nothing does not fit with the Emperor's totalitarian regime of rule by fear. If Luke's display on Crait in TLJ was supposed to be a spark, then Lothal should be an inferno!

If the season finale had resulted in the destruction of the TIE Defender factory plus Pryce's death that might have gone unpunished (maybe). And would have been far more "realistic" with the rest of canon at that time.

But who am I? Not theirs to reason why...

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

(edited for grammar)

Last edited: Mar 31, 2018
  18. Darth_Accipiter

Feb 2, 2015
    They didn't forget about Lothal, they just don't care about Lothal. It's an outer rim backwater to them. Zero strategic value for a war. The Emperor probably would have ordered Tarkin to use the Death Star to blow it up out of spite, but Krennic andTarkin aimed to deal with The Partisans and the actual Rebel Alliance first.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2018
    MandoArtist and MandaloreRex2015 like this.
  19. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Still the Empire could not have at the very least tried to do it to save face?

MandaloreRex2015 and fett 4 like this.
  20. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    Why would they not care about a Planet that just defeated them ?

It would have too and you think Lothal would be the first place they’d send the Death Star Plans too and set up the Rebels main base.

Force Smuggler and Vialco like this.
  21. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    They chose uninhabited places so no one would get hurt.

22. FiveFireRings

FiveFireRings Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2017
    I have no idea how much thought was put into it, but the timing make perfect sense plotwise for the saga. The Lothal defeat seems to be the thing that makes the Death Star a "go" over the TIE Defender program... Krennic pushes it through and finally convinces Tarkin of its value... it gets tested a few times and then blown up, at which point the Empire is all "oh hell there's a real rebellion, better build another Death Star and figure out where the Rebels are" and that's where their resources immediately go. With the TIE Defender program and the Jedi Temple both obliterated, Lothal has no more strategic value for the Empire or Palpatine personally and there's really no reason to admit that stupid Space Whales (thanks to the extinct / discredited Jedi) crunched a whole fleet and saved a planet that nobody even cared about, when there's a sudden scramble to deploy their forces elsewhere. It's actually pretty airtight, and no doubt ancillary material will shore it up in the coming years.

Otherwise from the POV of the GFFA at large, you get the "mysterious" destruction of Jedha City and then Alderaan, with the Empire presumably still not taking responsibility for either, and then... they DBZ a backwater planet for no good reason? The Empire is both scrambling to mobilize militarily and to contain a public relations nightmare. Why bother exacting revenge on Lothal when it's counterproductive to both of those goals?

23. Darth_Accipiter

Feb 2, 2015
    There was nobody alive who needed to save face. Palpatine was invested in it for the force aspect. He just wanted the temple, and when the temple collapsed, he just wanted Ezra. Pryce is dead. Tarkin is dead shortly after. Thrawn is off with Ezra on a Space Whale adventure. Nobody in the Empire really cares about Lothal after it gets liberated and the Death Star is destroyed. If it stayed neutral from the Empire and the Rebel Alliance, which it likely did, then nobody should care.

cwustudent and MandaloreRex2015 like this.
  24. MandoArtist

MandoArtist Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2015
    Lothal had no use after the temple was destroyed and the TIE Defender factories were shut down.

I find it very believable The Empire would accept losing it. Especially after losing their Death Star. They had more pressing things to worry about.

revan772 likes this.
  25. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I agree that they have more pressing things to worry about, but at the same time the Empire has been petty before.