main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official Star Wars Rebels Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by KED12345, Apr 4, 2013.

1. Artoo-Dion

Artoo-Dion Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 9, 2009
    Here's the quote that set this whole discussion off:

"The hope and the dream is that the experience of Rebels is similar to the experience of watching A New Hope, and Empire, and Jedi for the first time," he says.

That's only offensive to PT fans if you bristle at the idea that they're now targeting OT fans. That sentence by Kinberg does not exclude PT fans but perhaps it does exclude PT-only fans. As I said, OT-only fans have been marginalised for 15 years, and although it's supposition, it's fair to assume the combined wallets of OT-only fans outweigh the wallets of PT-only fans by a sizeable chunk. Really, the marketing here is quite clever, and anyone offended by a shift of focus back to the OT needs to realise that this not a personal attack aimed at them but rather a company trying to maximise revenue.

2. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    The series is what? 5 years before the OT? Logically I'd expect it to lean more towards the OT than PT. PT story themes and the like will be mixed into OT stuff.

3. Darth Kickass

Darth Kickass Jedi Master star 3

Aug 3, 2013
    darklordoftech you're absolutely right. Perhaps I should have phrased it differently. In the early 2000's when you were having arguments with people on these forums you were arguing with someone who grew up on the OT and either liked or hated the PT. You were both part of the same generation. With TPM coming out in 1999 that means the kids who were 7 when that movie came out probably weren't getting on these forums and posting regularly until they were 14-15 (just for argument's sake) so that would be what? 2007 or 2008? Right around the time TCW came out. With the release of TCW that ushered in another generation of fans who if 7 when it came out would be 13-14 now. My point is those people are the ones the OT fans will be arguing with now. It could be a generational thing like when my dad and I would argue about who were harder rockers, Nirvana or the Rolling Stones (Nirvana of course :cool:) or how my daughter tries to tell me One Direction's version of "One Way or Another" is better than Blondie's ( no contest :)).

4. Zinnzade

Zinnzade Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 6, 2013
    Totally, I agree..

I like how the post above has likes from both PT and OT fans, yet people are arguing as if it's somehow impossible to choose words in marketing text that brings Star Wars fans together instead of splitting us apart.

5. Obimus Primobi

Obimus Primobi Jedi Master star 2

Oct 23, 2013
    The shadow of the Empire is cast on a major city on Lothal in this previously unseen concept art by Andre Kirk from the upcoming animated series Star Wars Rebels.
    [​IMG]

6. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    WELL THAT'S NOT SYMBOLIC AT ALL.

7. Apophis_

Apophis_ Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 4, 2012
    Bigger version:

[​IMG]

8. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011

Well damn, this sounds sorta like that Jedi character I kept wanting to see in TCW although I wanted more a Jedi who had gone over to the CIS side because he/ she believed in their side vs the Republic. I would take a Jedi who twistedly just though perhaps in the beginning the Empire was just the right cause. Or was perhaps like Krell and just wanted to survive. Hell, Mr. Weisman maybe even a Demona like character. I think its time I posted that comic book cover.

[​IMG]

Circular Logic likes this.
  9. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    That picture looks familiar

10. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    Why is the ship called "The Ghost"? Does it have some sort of cloaking device?

Darth_Pevra and Artoo-Dion like this.
  11. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    I hope we'll sooner or later get to hear some official talk/announcments about the score of Rebels; some John Williams-esque with an orchestral feel and some memorable original tunes would be appreciated (TCW didn't have a lot of memorable music themes so I hope Rebels will be superior in that aspect).

12. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Or is it because the ship is like a ghost from the past? The "ghost" of... so far no one knows,

Immortiss likes this.
  13. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012

It's called The Ghost cause it's a dead ship :p

Immortiss likes this.
  14. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    It's just an interesting name for a ship. There must be a reason and I'm wondering why. A ghost can be undetected and not seen.

[​IMG]

It's Corellian, so that's nice. I wonder if Lando gets a hold of it eventually and does so many modifications that it becomes unrecognizable, say, like the Millennium Falcon.:p

I want to know who the crew is.

Seerow and EHT like this.
  15. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Porkins, fake Wedge, the A-Wing pilot who destroyed the Executor

16. Barriss_Coffee

Jun 29, 2003
    In all seriousness... if they announced Porkins were to actually be a star of this series, I would be thrilled.

17. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    During the show Porkins will initially be trim and athletic, but he will end up being the last surviving member of the Ghost's crew, the others all being killed off one by one throughout the series. The psychological trauma drives him to comfort eating.

18. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    Ghost is also the name of a dire wolf on Game of Thrones. Filoni loves wolves (obviously). There's another smaller ship which may or may not fit inside the Ghost that appears to be named "Wolf".

Revanfan1, Seerow and Force Smuggler like this.
  19. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    Plot twist: they all died because he ate them.

20. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011

You know what. I don't watch GoT (gasp) but I Googled that and its big white wolf just like the one Ahsoka is riding in that art concept (another gasp). You might be onto something. So much for a Princess Mononoke homage.

21. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    Yeah this is old news ;) don't blame you for not keeping up with the lame NON news though. A whole lotta nothing to get excited about for now.

22. CommanderDrenn

CommanderDrenn Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 19, 2013
    Porkins would be a pretty funny character to have.

darklordoftech likes this.
  23. CommanderColt

CommanderColt Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 2, 2013
    Or maybe because its owner is someone who was thought to be dead ...

24. Barriss_Coffee

Jun 29, 2003
    Dooku.

He managed to link his disembodied spirit to his hologram. Forever.

I pity the poor kids that get that ship.

25. Saga_Symphony

Saga_Symphony Force Ghost star 4

Oct 30, 2010
    I'm reminded of Sirius Black's mom, only with a Ben Stein voice.