Rebels Official Star Wars Rebels Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV' started by KED12345, Apr 4, 2013.

1. Force Smuggler Force Ghost

star 5
    The series is what? 5 years before the OT? Logically I'd expect it to lean more towards the OT than PT. PT story themes and the like will be mixed into OT stuff.
  2. Darth Kickass Jedi Master

star 2
    @darklordoftech you're absolutely right. Perhaps I should have phrased it differently. In the early 2000's when you were having arguments with people on these forums you were arguing with someone who grew up on the OT and either liked or hated the PT. You were both part of the same generation. With TPM coming out in 1999 that means the kids who were 7 when that movie came out probably weren't getting on these forums and posting regularly until they were 14-15 (just for argument's sake) so that would be what? 2007 or 2008? Right around the time TCW came out. With the release of TCW that ushered in another generation of fans who if 7 when it came out would be 13-14 now. My point is those people are the ones the OT fans will be arguing with now. It could be a generational thing like when my dad and I would argue about who were harder rockers, Nirvana or the Rolling Stones (Nirvana of course :cool:) or how my daughter tries to tell me One Direction's version of "One Way or Another" is better than Blondie's ( no contest :)).
  3. Zinnzade Jedi Master

star 1
    Totally, I agree..

I like how the post above has likes from both PT and OT fans, yet people are arguing as if it's somehow impossible to choose words in marketing text that brings Star Wars fans together instead of splitting us apart.
  4. Obimus Primobi Jedi Master

star 2
    The shadow of the Empire is cast on a major city on Lothal in this previously unseen concept art by Andre Kirk from the upcoming animated series Star Wars Rebels.
    [IMG]
  5. Barriss_Coffee Chosen One

star 6
    WELL THAT'S NOT SYMBOLIC AT ALL.
  6. Apophis_ Jedi Grand Master

star 1
  7. Seerow SWTV★Mod

Manager
    star 6

Well damn, this sounds sorta like that Jedi character I kept wanting to see in TCW although I wanted more a Jedi who had gone over to the CIS side because he/ she believed in their side vs the Republic. I would take a Jedi who twistedly just though perhaps in the beginning the Empire was just the right cause. Or was perhaps like Krell and just wanted to survive. Hell, Mr. Weisman maybe even a Demona like character. I think its time I posted that comic book cover.

[IMG]
    Circular Logic likes this.
  8. Legolas Skywalker Force Ghost

star 6
  9. Immortiss Force Ghost

star 4
    Why is the ship called "The Ghost"? Does it have some sort of cloaking device?
    Last edited by Immortiss, Dec 20, 2013
    Darth_Pevra and Artoo-Dion like this.
  10. Nexumaster Force Ghost

star 4
    I hope we'll sooner or later get to hear some official talk/announcments about the score of Rebels; some John Williams-esque with an orchestral feel and some memorable original tunes would be appreciated (TCW didn't have a lot of memorable music themes so I hope Rebels will be superior in that aspect).
    Last edited by Nexumaster, Dec 20, 2013
  11. Seerow SWTV★Mod

Manager
    star 6
    Or is it because the ship is like a ghost from the past? The "ghost" of... so far no one knows,
    Immortiss likes this.
  12. Legolas Skywalker Force Ghost

star 6

It's called The Ghost cause it's a dead ship :p
    Immortiss likes this.
  13. Immortiss Force Ghost

star 4
    It's just an interesting name for a ship. There must be a reason and I'm wondering why. A ghost can be undetected and not seen.

[IMG]

It's Corellian, so that's nice. I wonder if Lando gets a hold of it eventually and does so many modifications that it becomes unrecognizable, say, like the Millennium Falcon.:p

I want to know who the crew is.
    Seerow and EHT like this.
  14. darklordoftech Force Ghost

star 5
    Porkins, fake Wedge, the A-Wing pilot who destroyed the Executor
  15. Barriss_Coffee Chosen One

star 6
    In all seriousness... if they announced Porkins were to actually be a star of this series, I would be thrilled.
  16. Darth Valkyrus Force Ghost

star 4
    During the show Porkins will initially be trim and athletic, but he will end up being the last surviving member of the Ghost's crew, the others all being killed off one by one throughout the series. The psychological trauma drives him to comfort eating.
  17. Watto Chosen One

star 4
    Ghost is also the name of a dire wolf on Game of Thrones. Filoni loves wolves (obviously). There's another smaller ship which may or may not fit inside the Ghost that appears to be named "Wolf".
    Revanfan1, Seerow and Force Smuggler like this.
  18. JackG Force Ghost

star 4
    Plot twist: they all died because he ate them.
  19. Seerow SWTV★Mod

Manager
    star 6

You know what. I don't watch GoT (gasp) but I Googled that and its big white wolf just like the one Ahsoka is riding in that art concept (another gasp). You might be onto something. So much for a Princess Mononoke homage.
  20. Watto Chosen One

star 4
    Yeah this is old news ;) don't blame you for not keeping up with the lame NON news though. A whole lotta nothing to get excited about for now.
  21. CommanderDrenn Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    Porkins would be a pretty funny character to have.
    darklordoftech likes this.
  22. CommanderColt Jedi Master

star 1
    Or maybe because its owner is someone who was thought to be dead ...
  23. Barriss_Coffee Chosen One

star 6
    Dooku.

He managed to link his disembodied spirit to his hologram. Forever.

I pity the poor kids that get that ship.
    Last edited by Barriss_Coffee, Dec 20, 2013
  24. Togruta Force Ghost

star 4
    I'm reminded of Sirius Black's mom, only with a Ben Stein voice.
    Last edited by Togruta, Dec 20, 2013
  25. Mzukiller Jedi Master

star 2
    You know what would be great? Greedo as a Protagonist. Let's make the guy that Han sucker shot into one of the heroes of the Rebellion. Make people really feel something when they find out what happened to him.