main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official Star Wars Rebels Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by KED12345, Apr 4, 2013.

1. Mzukiller

Mzukiller Jedi Padawan star 2

Sep 5, 2012
    You know what would be great? Greedo as a Protagonist. Let's make the guy that Han sucker shot into one of the heroes of the Rebellion. Make people really feel something when they find out what happened to him.

2. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    [face_rofl]

3. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I just assumed The Ghost was a cool name, I never looked for hidden meaning. *shrug*

Immortiss, Contessa and Artoo-Dion like this.
  4. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    IMHO there should be a ship in Rebels with a really Culture-esque name, in honor of the late Iain M. Banks, who passed earlier this year from cancer at the age of 59.

Artoo-Dion likes this.
  5. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    They should have made a ship look like Vader.

6. Darth Kickass

Darth Kickass Jedi Master star 3

Aug 3, 2013
    Ghost is short for Ghostsoka Tano. It's just Filoni's way of really sticking it to all the people who hated on him and his characters. Instead of Dooku's haunted hologram it will be Ahsoka's popping up throughout the ship calling everyone "Skyguy"

7. Darth Valkyrus

Apr 12, 2013
    So she sorta becomes one with this ship? Ummmm....... rrriiight.

That's not weird and creepy at all... :eek:

And now I have "Part of the crew part of the ship, part of the ship part of the crew" from PoTC stuck in my head...

8. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Didn't one of Luke's old girlfriends become one with a computer or something?

9. Darth Valkyrus

Apr 12, 2013
    Callista Ming could meld with computers and machines. She sort of became one with the Acclamator Leveler and destroyed a CIS battlegroup in the process.

Mia Mesharad and Contessa like this.
  10. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003

That.... sounds awful.... just awful.

V-2, Seerow and anakinfansince1983 like this.
  11. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Somehow the idea of Ahsoka doing that to The Ghost makes me laugh and say "Oh hell" at the same time.

I need coffee.

Seerow likes this.
  12. Darth Valkyrus

Apr 12, 2013
    It was in the novel No Prisoners by Karen Traviss. It is actually an excellent novel. She does a good job illustrating the utterly FUBAR nature of war, and the heartbreaking ****ed up situations that can arise.

The part of the story that sticks with me the most is
    where a group of ragtag rebels, involved in an uprising against the despot ruling their planet, and who are a very sympathetic bunch of characters (one is a torture victim, another couple are a man and woman in love) with everything to live for and fight for, and who are definitely "good guy" characters, are thrown by a perverse twist of fates into a kill-or-be-killed confrontation with a group of six 501st clone troopers led by Rex and accompanied by a Jedi master. The outcome: all the rebels dead in seconds, no casualties among the clones or Jedi. It's actually quite depressing.
    But it's also something that could happen among the hellish fog of war. It's not always obvious who is a friend and who isn't, and sometimes good guys do kill good guys. Traviss put that in there. It was grim, dark depressing stuff, but it felt real and believable.

Contessa and Mia Mesharad like this.
  13. darkchrono

darkchrono Jedi Master star 4

May 23, 2005

You know I could never read anything about Callista Ming and not think to myself that the star wars authors who created this character must have also been xena fans.

14. FRAGWAGON

FRAGWAGON Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    The latest installment of the Filoni interview is up.

15. Darth Valkyrus

Apr 12, 2013
    Linky?

16. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
  17. Obimus Primobi

Obimus Primobi Jedi Master star 2

Oct 23, 2013
  18. Darth Valkyrus

Apr 12, 2013
    Should be McDiarmid. Particularly since this is post RoTS, Palps is installed as Emperor, and he's likely to be speaking in his "Sidious voice" much more than his "Palpatine voice" whereas before it was the other way around.

19. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    And I am sorry but Tim Curry as Palpatine again is just terrible, I hope we start getting more info on the voice talent, I love VAs,

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk

20. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    Witwer should do it if McDiarmid won't. His Palpatine is far better than Curry's.

21. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Of course McDiarmid > all, but Curray's Sidious voice isn't nearly as bad as his Palpatine voice.

22. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    So she was a cyberpunk character?

Seerow likes this.
  23. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012

Agreed.

24. darkchrono

darkchrono Jedi Master star 4

May 23, 2005
    I think this is good news because it shows they will be concentrating a great deal on the bad guys. People will get used to the new voice over time. If the Emperor is in it you can bet Darth Vader will be as well.

25. Obimus Primobi

Obimus Primobi Jedi Master star 2

Oct 23, 2013
    I hope they aren't overused though, if they are shown to be on the losing side at the end of each episode it's going to greatly diminish both characters.