main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official Star Wars Rebels Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by KED12345, Apr 4, 2013.

1. credar

credar Jedi Master star 3

Sep 18, 2011
    Well that SHOULD put to rest any thoughts of war is fun. Hera takes this very seriously and seems like a nice motherly figure/contrast from some of the group. No confirmation if she is related to Cham, but I'm still hoping. Also nice to see the group together! We have ourselves a fine group of rebels!

Dra--- and Revanfan1 like this.
  2. Darth PJ

Darth PJ Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2013
    Of course Rebels should be 'fun'... I don't think anyone is suggesting otherwise... and I'm certainly not suggesting it should be a social commentary on a faschist regime or the ethics of warfare. However it is interesting to note though that they (the marketing people and show makers) seem to be selling this as a frolicking, rollicking yarn (no bad thing) whereas TCW, quite early on, was marketed more on 'action', 'mystery', 'suspense' etc. The marketing thus far, seems much more geared at younger audiences than TCW was (certainly from season 2 onwards). That said, we don't know wether the marketing of Rebels is there to actually mask a much more serious and sombre series underneath. Who knows?

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  3. Praenomen Cognomen

Praenomen Cognomen Jedi Master star 4

Mar 24, 2013
    Altogether, I must admit I'm not quite hearing it with most of the voices. Every group of actors usually has one super-dynamic core member who inspires everybody else to be better, and I don't know if we have that here. Possibly Prinze just for his energy, or maybe Blum because he's been around, but it feels like so far everybody is equally... I dunno... overwhelmed? Lacking in confidence?

Then again, I'm sure the pressure's on, and if the paychecks start rolling in everybody will loosen up a bit for season 2.

4. Heero_Yuy

Heero_Yuy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 28, 2000
    The most common bits own in early TCW ads was Jabba's son burping. As I said before, people really need to stop rewriting history. Many of the same concerns people have about Sabine now were used against Ahsoka back in the day. Oh, noes! She's gonna dumb down the show and make the war seem childish! Oh noes, Anakin never had a Padawan! Oh noes! She dresses like a whore!

V-2 likes this.
  5. H-BOMB

H-BOMB Jedi Master star 3

Feb 21, 2009
    In the Hera video at about :13 or 14 there's some almost-finished animation shown and it looks really well done an realistic, especially the lighting. More impressive than what was shown for the Spark and Ignite teasers. I think overall it will be a good-looking show.

I'm glad our predictions were correct, Hera seems to be the moral center of the group. The one who is keeping the crew focused on the true meaning and purpose of rebellion. Since the ghost is her ship, it's possible she named it after a lost loved one or lost family, which would explain her more serious outlook.

6. podjazd

podjazd Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 16, 2013
    Hera looks great, this group needed more serious character ;).

So, now that we have all main heroes - what's next? Villains previews maybe?

7. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    Hera looks amazing. I totally knew she was going to be the mother character. This is awesome; we now know the whole cast of protagonists! :cool:

Dra--- likes this.
  8. Sgt Crowfield

Sgt Crowfield Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 27, 1999
    Oh, I really, really, really hope so! They needn't necessarily be villains (though I guess they will be), but I want to see (and fall in love with) Imperials other than the Inquisitor (and the Kallus action figure).

9. Senator Kelberry

Senator Kelberry Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 22, 2010
    well, now we have our complete team of rebels, at least as far as we know, and I think there's a really interesting blend of personalities here. I'm going to be very eager to see how the play off one another as the series begins and progresses. There's lots of potential there, I think.

10. Starwarsfan9000

Starwarsfan9000 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 24, 2012
    I'm liking her a lot. Not just because she has connections to Cham Syndulla but also just from the character standpoint. I like that she is both motherly but not a pushover and can fight when the situation calls for it but the thing that seems to be her main thing is her piloting skills so it should be cool to see her use them in the space battles. Also having been familiar with Vanessa Marshall's work through Spectacular Spider-Man and other shows I can guarantee she'll do a great job and she already sounds good in the role. When we got our first looks at Sabine and Hera I compared it to Avatar The Last Airbender with Sabine being Toph the tough tomboy who isn't afraid to say what she thinks and fight back while Hera is more like Katara a motherly figure who keeps the group in check but isn't afraid to kickass when the situation calls for it.

11. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    I'm hoping we see similar trailers for the villains.

12. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    A mother figure? Strong minded and holds the group together? An ass kicker when necessary?

OK, hell with all the other character descriptions. I think I'm in love.

13. Master Aizakku Rorensu

Master Aizakku Rorensu Jedi Padawan star 1

Feb 1, 2013
    Wow, she's great too!

And the Ghost is her ship. Ah. I was thinking it was Kanan's.

And I see others are saying she's like the mother of the crew. I'll go along with that, but I'll call her the matriarch. And she's the serious one. Nice.

So to put an age on everyone, just because:

Ezra - 14, obviously.

Sabine - I would say 18 to 20, maybe?

Kanan - 25 to 28, maybe?

Hera - 28 to 30, or thereabout.

And Zeb - I'm guessing 30 to 35; maybe older.

Anyway, I like everybody.

Barriss_Coffee, Dra--- and Revanfan1 like this.
  14. kecen

kecen Jedi Master star 4

Jul 12, 2005
    Hera! Team mom! Flight suit!
    !!!

15. purplerain

purplerain Jedi Knight star 4

Sep 14, 2013
    I wonder if the Clone Wars (the in-universe event, not the tv show) will be referenced. For example, might we see remnants of battle droids lying around or Imperial propaganda that compares the Rebels to the CIS?

16. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    Vanessa Marshall AND Steve Blum, oh yes.

17. Darthmaul208

Darthmaul208 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 29, 2013
    Anyone think this show reminds them of Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D (no spoilers please for second half as we haven't got it yet in the Uk and I want to remain spoiler free.)

Agent Coulson=Kanan: Coulson: An aged agent who doubts the company he works for and "died" once forms a new team with a base of operations ( the "Bus" (hated that name) has memories of his "past life" Usually serious but has a sense of humour father of the group. . Kanan- A Jedi who survived the purge and has memories of his "past life". forms a new team with a base of operations ( the "Ghost") Usually serious but has a sense of humour father of the group.

Skye= Ezra Bridger; Skye doesn't know who her parents are. Trains to become an agent. becomes part of the team. Has her mind changed about SHIELD when she meets them. Used to live on her own as a reporter. strong street sense and struggled to get by. Mysterious past that may (probably will) come into play later on... Ezra lives on his own strong street sense and struggled to get by. becomes part of the team. Has his mind changed about the empire when he meets them

Agent Ward=Zeb Agent Ward is the muscle of the group had a bully brother when he was younger and learned to protect his other brother from him. Gruff and strong always protects his new found "family". Becomes Skye's mentor and has a relationship with Melinda May. Learns to joke with the team as well. Zeb is the muscle of the group. Gruff and strong always protects his new found "family". Becomes Ezra's mentor. Has a sense of humour.

Melinda May= Hera ?Syndalla? Melinda May is quiet and mysterious. Known as the cavalry within shield. Pilots the Bus. Learns to joke and slowly becomes part of the family mother of the group. Tough and a fighter people wonder what goes on in her head very serious and the mother of the group.. Hera Pilots the Ghost. keeps the group together and very serious.

Fitz=Sabine Fitz is a scientist and helps the group solve the mysterious. has a slight crush on agent ward. has a bond with Simmons who went to the same class as her. Sabine helps the group. Like art and graffitiis a lot. customises her armour. (this one I was stuck at.)

Simmons=Chopper Simmons is a scientist, funny and sometimes rude. would do anything to help anyone in the team. slight tension between Him and ward because of Fitz. Chopper rude incooperative (this one I was stuck at)

The Clairvoyant(spelt wrong)= The Inquisitor The clairvoyant works for a mysterious company hunts down recruits for a top secret project has a past with Coulson and wants to capture him. The Inquisitor works for a the empire who may be mysterious. hunts Jedi and has a past with Kanan and wants to capture him. wants to capture the Ghost.

Bus=Ghost the Bus is an old spy plane from around 50 years ago but has been refitted for Coulson's team. Ghost is an old ship

The fitz simmons thing doesn't work that well but there relationship may be like zeb and ezra or ezra and chopper.
    This may warrant a separate thread if a moderator wants to they can. Thoughts on this?

18. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Darthmaul208 : if that's true, my fears about Ezra being a pet will be confirmed.

For the most part I like the show but god ****ing dammit I hate Skye.

Hera did sort of remind me of Agent May though. But better.

Darthmaul208 likes this.
  19. Darthmaul208

Dec 29, 2013
    @anakinfansince1983 I like Skye but for other reasons...... it was only till I saw Hera that I was reminded of what this looks like an seeing who all the characters were. AOS is a good show but slow to start like most. People hate on it too quickly.

20. Master Aizakku Rorensu

Master Aizakku Rorensu Jedi Padawan star 1

Feb 1, 2013
    And I guess to give credit where credit is due: The Hollywood Reporter called it back in September:
    So any future Hollywood Reporter rumors...

And I guess the thought is David Oyelowo is the Inquisitor?

I'm still hoping, if he's in Rebels, that that Jedi News rumor is true and that "...not only will he be in Episode 7 but the plan is for him to also be in Rebels playing a character that sets up his Episode VII character! All part of the major EpVII co-ordinated push being pulled together by Simon Kinberg and the first major sign that Rebels will be the vehicle to setup the masses for EpVII fever!!"

Exclamation point, exclamation point, and so on...

Dra--- likes this.
  21. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I can't remember if Cham's wife was ever mentioned in TCW? I'm asking because most of the speculation seems to be that Hera is a daughter or adopted daughter but perhaps she was actually Cham's wife. I can't really tell from the video what the character's age is and I don't know how old Cham was either but her intro video made me think it's possible. Anyway, another nice character introduction and I'm excited that we have a more serious character who seems to understand the realities of war. She seems to be the character who initially takes up the rebel cause and keeps her ragtag group together through all the hardships they're bound to face. I like it!

InterestingLurker and Dra--- like this.
  22. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    I'm not worried about Ezra being a pet yet. From what I've seen so far this show seems to be based more on an ensemble of characters rather than one specific character. Now, you could argue that TCW did the same, but Ahsoka was the only totally new character aside from Rex introduced into the main cast in TCW, and she was focused on far more than Rex was. Add to that that after a while she became Filoni's focus, and you've got a pet character. But I think Hera, Kanan, and the others will all be equally important to the plot as Ezra. He would be a pet character if he was essential to every mission, but from what I've seen, any mission would be much harder if any member were missing, but they could still pull it off. Even without Ezra. Whereas in TCW, there were a few (not many, but a few) episodes where it seemed like things would've gone to pot if Ahsoka hadn't been there.

23. Sgt Crowfield

Sgt Crowfield Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 27, 1999
    Funny, the sudden outbreak of the Rebels discussion with all those 'Noooo, this is Ragnarok, we're all going to diiiiie'-comments (especially on Facebook) even sparked a discussion between Sgt. and Mr. Crowfield about half an hour ago. I thought I was the sceptical one, but you should have heard rebelcentric* hubby: "Oh gawd, it's Disneyfied and everybody is going to suffer from ADHS, I'm not going to watch it!", and so on. He finally calmed down when I said that we have yet to see a single episode before we can make assumptions as to how 'Disneyfied' and 'ADHS-y' the series is. My son, of course, instantly fell in love with Hera. And Sabine. And every future female character ...

*Hubby and I met for the first time back in '90 in a comic book store. He carried a hiking backpack with a Rebel Alliance pendant, I carried a combat bag with an Imperial emblem, and when I passed him, I said: "Rebel Scum." So, actually, I had not counted on me being the one who had to defend the new series tonight.

Revanfan1 and Darthmaul208 like this.
  24. Darthmaul208

Dec 29, 2013
    @Sgt Crowfield
    make sure you block certain websites then! if it's like TCW it will come almost immediately. And you will bump into it without wanting to!

Sgt Crowfield likes this.
  25. Darth Mateus

Darth Mateus Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 6, 2013
    I´m already in love with Sabine :D :D

Contessa and Dra--- like this.