Rebels Official Star Wars Rebels Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV' started by KED12345, Apr 4, 2013.

1. Trebor Sabreon Force Ghost

star 4
    That's true.

You know what would be cool? If these were not just glamor shots of whichever character with a voice-over saying "Kanan, the Cowboy Jedi," or whatever, but actual little "episodes" which depict an adventure, kind of like Genndy's Clone Wars shorts, only showing scenes which give us an idea of where the characters come from and what they were up to immediately prior to the pilot episode of the series.
    Last edited by Trebor Sabreon, Apr 24, 2014
  2. Revanfan1 Force Ghost

star 5
    That's what I'm hoping for. I'm not expecting it. But I'm hoping. It really would be quite cool.
  3. starocean90 Jedi Grand Master

star 3
  4. Darth Valkyrus Force Ghost

star 4
    Whatever happened to the supposed Vader shorts?
  5. Nexumaster Force Ghost

star 4
    Vader doesn't have any shorts as far as I know.
    V-2 likes this.
  6. podjazd Jedi Master

star 1
    Well, I guess this confirms it :D. I hope this will be new material, not introductory videos we have already seen.

According to this schedule, those programs, or whatever it is, will be aired eight times on XD (an will last c. 5 minutes) and twice on Channel, but will last c. 25 minutes. I wonder, maybe they'll show not only crew of the "Ghost", but also someone else? I'd like to finally know Inquisitor's name.

http://www.teleman.pl/program-tv/stacje/Disney-Channel?date=2014-05-04
  7. Erik_B Jedi Master

star 1

[IMG]
  8. Senator Kelberry Force Ghost

star 3
    Ok, with the morning I've been having I needed a good laugh. This did it.
  9. Revanfan1 Force Ghost

star 5
  10. Darth_Harmon Force Ghost

star 3
    Did they stick a clip of Rebels at the end of the "No Mo EU" video?

Last edited by Darth_Harmon, Apr 25, 2014
  11. Revanfan1 Force Ghost

star 5
    No, that's one of the SWTOR trailers.
  12. Darth_Harmon Force Ghost

star 3
    Ah, okay, I thought maybe they were ending it with a tease or a look forward of what's to come. :p
  13. Heero_Yuy Chosen One

star 4
    Hera certainly looks appealing in that cover.

It could be a fun book. It looks way better than that Ezra/Boosk one.
  14. Zorkel567 Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    Is there a timeframe for Rebels' release yet? And has it been revealed, will it be done in short arcs/one offs like The Clone Wars, or more like Young Justice/Spectacular Spider-Man and have ongoing storylines that continue through the episodes?
  15. KeithyT Jedi Master

star 1
    This build up is all rather exciting/interesting. Do you think Rebels might even have some links/characters/references to the new ST (despite the timegap)?
    Senator Kelberry and Revanfan1 like this.
  16. QuangoFett Force Ghost

star 4
    Simon Kinberg, one of Rebels' showrunners, is listed as a "creative consultant" to Episode VII.

Rebels is now part of the "One Universe" so it's probable that it will not contradict the ST and vice-versa. Whether or not there will be things introduced in Rebels that show up three IU decades later depends entirely on what ground Rebels will cover.
  17. Doop Jedi Master

star 2
    I can't wait for rebels. So is it confirmed for the first episode on Disney May the 4th?
  18. Nexumaster Force Ghost

star 4
    Yep, they are really putting a lot of effort into promoting the show. As far as I recall, not even TCW got this much attention prior to it's movie release.
    Revanfan1 likes this.
  19. Doop Jedi Master

star 2
    That's a good thing. I hope this show is successful.
    Revanfan1 likes this.
  20. Zorkel567 Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    Yeah, all The Clone Wars got was a theatrical film and five adult tie in novels.
    podjazd, Trebor Sabreon and Revanfan1 like this.
  21. Trebor Sabreon Force Ghost

star 4
    John Jackson Miller did alright by me with Kenobi (hey @anakinfansince1983, 'ya read that one yet?). I really enjoyed what he did with my beloved Obi-Wan, and I find myself now looking forward to seeing what he does here (in fact, I'm looking very much towards each of these first four books to be released under the new "single canon").

The description for A New Dawn mentions that the book will fill us in on how Kanan and Hera met, so a big win just for that, alone.

p.s. - I'm really digging the near-live action look of both Kanan and Hera here. I think Kanan in particular looks much better rendered like this than he does in his sort of pedestrian Rebels character model (weird how just giving the same outfit/look a live action appearance can really benefit it like that, but I really think it does.)

Incidentally, this only serves to further strengthen my conviction that the Rebels action figures should be both super-articulated, and realistic (the ones we're getting -- at least at first -- are neither. C'mon Hasbro!). :)
    Last edited by Trebor Sabreon, Apr 25, 2014
    anakinfansince1983 and Revanfan1 like this.
  22. anakinfansince1983 Chosen One

star 7
  23. Doop Jedi Master

star 2
    I'd really like to see a realistic Sabine.
    Revanfan1 likes this.
  24. Doop Jedi Master

star 2
    ....(Or more Sabine for that matter [face_tee_hee])
  25. Trebor Sabreon Force Ghost

star 4
    I joke about Hasbro being the problem, but as I recall, they admitted that they actually wanted to deliver some SA realistic Rebels figures, but were, for whatever reason, denied by Disney/Lucasfilm.

Hasbro did hint that they could be on tap for "later." Maybe.
    Last edited by Trebor Sabreon, Apr 25, 2014
    Doop likes this.