main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official Star Wars Rebels Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by KED12345, Apr 4, 2013.

1. Skaddix

Skaddix Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 3, 2012
    Please the scariest Disney movie is definitely the Black Cauldron by far. Anastasia is also a terrifying kids movie.

That sad I don't think TCW was all that dark. It had dark arcs but it was also broken up by a lot of light fluffy arcs, I suppose u can argue it go darker overtime though. The Final Episodes were the darkest of the bunch on average, I guess the arc with Krell might be the darkest of them all. So this does not exactly fill me with joy to hear, its called the Dark Times (or was called) for a reason. I am not saying it needs to be a soul crushing void or that I need to see decapitations but it does need to invoke the right feeling.

2. credar

credar Jedi Master star 3

Sep 18, 2011
    After being reminded of the Krell arc (My goodness do I love that one), I really hope that in the far future when we are nearing the end of the show, we see the first major victory for the Rebels in the form of a giant space battle not unlike the Krell one, except a whole arc of it. =P~

3. Darth Doop

Darth Doop Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2014
  4. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    LOL, I'm 42 and my sister is 38, so we were adults by the time Anastasia came out.

As a teenager I thought I was too cool for Disney films so I missed Black Cauldron.

On the rest of your post, I agree, TCW was not all that dark, but I think it missed a lot of the good humor that the OT had. There was character banter with Obi-Wan and Anakin, Ahsoka in early seasons, and that rare humor from Luminara in Weapons Factory, but otherwise the characters all took themselves too seriously. The OT showed us that it's not necessary to be all srs bsns all the time even when there's a war on.

That lightheartedness is what I hope Rebels brings back.

5. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Don't remember what Disney movies were scary when I was a kid but do remember thinking a year or so ago 'what the hell am I watching' after watching Hunchback of Notre Dame and the scene in Dumbo where Dumbo gets drunk and sees the Pink Elephants.

cwustudent and Iron_lord like this.
  6. SabineFett

SabineFett Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 17, 2014
    Well from what little we've seen, namely the wondercon clip, it does seem like that lightheartedness is in fact in it. :)

7. Darth Doop

Darth Doop Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2014
    Hopefully its a balance between light and dark elements in the show.

8. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
  9. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    Excuse me...coming this Spring? :confused:

10. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    Now it says coming soon. Suspicious, suspicious.

Revanfan1 likes this.
  11. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
    The poster itself, and the Inquisitor one right after, both say Spring. :eek:

12. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    You're right, I missed that.

Revanfan1 likes this.
  13. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Well better get cracking then. June 21st is fast approaching.

Revanfan1 likes this.
  14. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    The reason is that This is Disney XD Australia and in Australia the Spring season is the Fall in North America so end of September 2014.

15. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Quit confusing us! We in the Northern Hemisphere think we're the only ones here! You Australians need to learn how to tilt the Earth or something!

:p

September 21 is about when I thought it was premiering. I wonder if we're still getting a pilot one-hour this summer.

16. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
    Oh, I had my hopes up for a second. Drat. [face_sigh]

Trebor Sabreon likes this.
  17. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    No, you can't see their feet...they're all standing on appropriately tall or short boxes to achieve the depicted relative heights. :D

Revanfan1 likes this.
  18. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    Haha, Tarkas. :p

In a way I do hope Tarkin (is he to be renamed?) is in Rebels. If so, I may watch those eps just to see what the Mouse makes of him but it will no way make me take it as official anything.

19. KeithyT

KeithyT Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 17, 2014
    Ahh so that explains the Spring thing. Thanks guys.

I'm also holding out for a Disney Channel hour long pilot in the summer too as originally teased, followed by the Disney XD series later in the year.

20. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Ezra reminds me more and more of Dennis the Menace. =/

Dark Lord Tarkas likes this.
  21. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
  22. Heero_Yuy

Heero_Yuy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 28, 2000
    That was a good interview. I especially liked that the lightsaber effects will be like the ones from the original Star Wars. Much like the old school way the TIEs blow up, it's a great touch. The Inquisitor sounds far more interesting to me than before. I can't wait to see him in action.

I also like how it seems how my thoughts on The Emperor's presence in SWR have more or less been confirmed.

Revanfan1 likes this.
  23. Circular Logic

Circular Logic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    A pair of interesting interviews. Now that I've had the time to read through them fully, I'll add some thoughts.

First off, I'm definitely most looking forward to Rebels the more information we get on the show. The more personal atmosphere and the premise of a diverse crew that we will get to know intimately over the course of the show are very appealing to me.

Regarding the EU:
    Regardless of what you think of GL's personal vision of his universe, I do think there's an advantage that the Story Group can completely coordinate everything into the new single canon system, and at least in the near future we should have a much tighter and more cohesive version of the SW universe as opposed to Lucas' vision vs. the rest of the EU, which had to more or less bend backwards to accommodate it (and they generally did a really good job of that). Even if the older stuff is now considered "Legends", I expect the respect Filoni, Weisman, et al have for what came before will bear out onscreen in the form of many, many references to what came before.

This sounds promising. While I enjoyed the fact that TCW was able to go "dark and serious" throughout most of its later run, it is refreshing to have some humor and lightheartedness every now and then, rather than all "srs business" like AFS1983 likes to say.

Kanan's story is one I look forward to seeing unfold during the course of the series. I'd love to learn more about his past, and will definitely get my hands on A New Dawn to get more background on him and Hera, who comes from a line of past freedom fighters in the Syndulla clan. I look forward to learning more about Sabine's background, which they may deliberately have kept mysterious. I especially want to see if they intend to keep the Dark Times-era Mandalorian EU more or less intact, or instead go in a different direction. Zeb sounds cool, and Chopper may be a grower, but looks as though he'll provide quite a bit of entertainment. As for Ezra, this interview confirms that Filoni and co. intend him to be a young audience surrogate. While the show might start off light, perhaps in part to ease the younger audience and Ezra into the fold, it's definitely promising to hear that it gets more "intense" as time goes on, sorta like the transition from ANH (which had a good blend of serious, humor, darkness and lightheartedness) to TESB.

The second interview (from today's post) goes into additional detail on the characters, and has some fascinating tidbits. Hera, as noted before, is the crew's maternal figure, and seems to have a more friendly relationship with Ezra than does Kanan, making the kid feel more at home in a crew of such distinct personalities. Sabine's background is most interesting; apparently, Filoni views her as a spiritual successor to Bo-Katan, who was only really coming to her own before the show was cancelled. While I would have loved to see where Bo-Katan's story takes her in TCW, at least I have Sabine to look forward to. Enjoyed the comparison to Roman times with grafitti, as well as the fact that the "modern art" of TCW's New Mandalorians (one of the few things I liked about them) will have a role with Sabine. Hahaha at the Deviantart reference with regard to Sabine...

I am glad that Filoni acknowledged a conscious effort to make the cast diverse, a true Weisman staple, and they want all the characters to appeal universally. Interesting about the lightsaber effects being more old-school OT-era SW. I love Filoni's description of the Inquisitor. An elegant opponent who knows how to play mind games with his foes, and take advantage of moments of weakness. I expect he'll really try to get into Kanan's head during their confrontation(s). After these juicy details, I really want to learn more about the Inquisitor!

24. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
  25. Darth_Hydra

Darth_Hydra Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 14, 2001
    Can't wait to see it! Wonder how long it's going to be?