main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official Star Wars Rebels Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by KED12345, Apr 4, 2013.

1. darkchrono

darkchrono Jedi Master star 4

May 23, 2005

Easy. The people who were complaining were probably ones who didn't like Ahsoka anyhow.

thejeditraitor likes this.
  2. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I don't like Ahsoka but I don't give a flying **** about her lightsabers.

The only issue I've ever had with her age is when she was depicted as more powerful/badass/wise/insert complimentary adjective here than Jedi Council members.

Let her lead an army of clones into battle, I don't care.

A 14-year-old elected Queen never bothered me either.

But, as far as why it was OK for Ventress but not Ahsoka...because she's Ventress. That's why.

cwustudent and Revanfan1 like this.
  3. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    I thought my thread was a reasonable question, why did it get locked? :_|

4. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    I think you know perfectly well why. ;) Besides which, we've got plenty of room for that particular discussion both in this thread and the dedicated Kanan thread.

Darkslayer likes this.
  5. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Oh zip it :p

I'm just bummed I missed out on that golden thread lol

6. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    so what if it does? young people watch cartoons right?

Iron_lord likes this.
  7. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    I wonder if we'll learn about fighter squadrons. I'm curious about Vader's TIE squadron and the squadrons at Endor.

8. darkchrono

darkchrono Jedi Master star 4

May 23, 2005

I don't think Kanan contradicts anything just yet. Remember the Rebels show begins about four or five years before that conversation takes place anyhow so there is still stuff that can ocurr that makes that conversation still valid.

9. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    I think it is pretty clear that Kanan will die. The mentor always dies in Star Wars.

darthjj88 likes this.
  10. Vader'sGoodHand

Vader'sGoodHand Jedi Master star 3

Apr 1, 2014

Not only that but where is he in the OT? Just as how Ahsoka isn't mentioned it will be the same with Kanan.

11. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    There is a get out clause for Rebels; when Yoda and Obi-wan sneak into the Jedi Temple during RoTS, they do discuss if any Jedi survived the attack - Yoda is unsure, but resetting the transmission for all to return to the temple means some Jedi did survive Order 66. Also, the full quote from A New Hope regarding the fate of the Jedi:

Kanan is a padawan, not a Jedi Knight. Ezra was born after Order 66. I know I'm getting technical, but there are ways for Rebels to get around for having other Jedi around in the OT time line.

12. Vader'sGoodHand

Apr 1, 2014
    Ezra couldn't have been born after Order 66. This takes place 5 years after right? He would have been 9. Also if the let him live than it will just be that Disney has succeeded in making the Saga soft.

13. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    I thought Rebels was five years before ANH? :confused:

14. Vader'sGoodHand

Apr 1, 2014
    You are correct. I was looked it up for myself ROTS 19 BBY Rebels 5 BBY. Crap now knowing that I hope Luke and Leia are not present. This just brought up so many outs for this show and ways to save it. Thanks DanielUK for clarifying things for me.

15. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    Leia will most likely appear at some point; she becomes a significant figure in the rebellion and we need to know how it all began.

Revanfan1 and Darkslayer like this.
  16. Vader'sGoodHand

Apr 1, 2014
    :: cries into hands :: Then they need to leave Ahsoka out of it. I could see if it was 5 years after ROTS that would make more sense to have her appear but 14 years later? That will not be satisfying

17. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    There will be riots in the streets if Ahsoka not only appears, but is instrumental in creating the Rebel Alliance.

18. Vader'sGoodHand

Apr 1, 2014
    I'm hoping Netflix ties up TCW ending us wondering if Ahsoka is in there. One of my favorite characters but no not in Rebels. Now knowing the time frame it would be dumb. It does make me feel better about the show.....slingshot or not. Though seeing how Kanan lives through Order 66 will be interesting. As far as we know Ahsoka was the strongest Padawan at that point so I hope they don't make Kanan the Maximus of the Jedi now.

19. -Engelhast-

-Engelhast- Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2010
    I think the point the show is trying to make with Ezra is that even though Palpatine may have succeeded in virtually wiping out The Jedi he can't stop the force from manifesting in all the nooblers that have been born or are yet to be born.

[​IMG]

Dra---, Revanfan1 and Heero_Yuy like this.
  20. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Nah. Just a lot of swearing and rage-quitting in the fandom.

I used up my personal rage-quit allotment of one, after ROTS. So I'll probably keep watching as long as Hera is around.

There is that colony on Mars you were discussing though.

Revanfan1 likes this.
  21. StrikerKOJ

StrikerKOJ Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 21, 2014

Well that's a great big pile of Sith...

22. -Engelhast-

Nov 15, 2010
    [​IMG]

23. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    I'm considering inter dimensional travelling now.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  24. -Engelhast-

Nov 15, 2010
    ^
    Don't let the inter dimensional door hit your backside on the way out. :)

25. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011