main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official Star Wars Rebels Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by KED12345, Apr 4, 2013.

1. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    So Palpatine stopped Force sensitives from being born? Ah, no. :)

Hey, I haven't been in this forum recently. Did everyone see that Brent Spiner is confirmed to play Kallus? I assume so, but just checking.

And we still don't know who's voicing the Inquisitor? Weird.

2. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003

He can't stop them from being born, but an untrained "noobler" probably isn't much of a threat. Anakin's abilities didn't really manifest themselves to really help him with anything but podracing. It's implied that Luke's abilities helped him be extremely precise in... shooting womp rats.

Ezra probably gets help from the Force, but without actually being trained, he'd probably be overlooked - if it wasn't for him stealing from the Empire.

3. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Jeff Goldbum should totally voice a character for Rebels

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  4. Dameron

Dameron Jedi Master star 4

Apr 8, 2014

Kanan, the Hipster Jedi!

5. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I'm not sure which line I'm more interested in hearing:

"Boy, I hate being right all the time."

"See, now I'm sitting here by myself, talking to myself. Chaos theory."

Or, in response to one of Sabine's blowing-****-up expeditions: "The lack of humility before nature being displayed here, uh, staggers me."

cwustudent and Revanfan1 like this.
  6. Dameron

Apr 8, 2014
    "Must go faster. Must go faster."

7. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Thank you! How would you feel if you were a law-abiding citizen and you were you arrested for "Force-sensitivity"?

8. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
  9. -Engelhast-

-Engelhast- Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2010
    Not very good...and I'm speaking from experience.

I never made the argument that having Force Abilities would inherently make Ezra a threat to Palpatine or his Empire. I was just putting it out there that just as it has always been there are still individuals being born that if one day steered in the right (or wrong) direction could become a thorn in Palpatine's side. I personally find the idea that someone could possibly through self discovery and teaching themselves could utilize the force in a totally unique and powerful enough way that they could become someone that is a threat.

10. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    GL and Kasdan's "anybody can use The Force" conversation implies this to be how Palpatine himself became a Force-user.

-Engelhast- likes this.
  11. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    where's this from?

12. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    I believe from the new Making of Return of the Jedi book that just came out.

darklordoftech likes this.
  13. rezpen

rezpen Jedi Master star 4

May 4, 2010
    Just saw in a SW Weekends video they had the first appearance of their official Rebels characters:
    [​IMG]
    Sabine is looking fine :)

14. Circular Logic

Circular Logic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    Regarding the argument by -Engelhast- saying that graffiti does not feel like "Star Wars", I beg to differ, given that at least one artwork from the Rebellion era EU shows Rebel graffiti on an Imperial propaganda poster:

[​IMG]

I could definitely see the Imperials acting accordingly after seeing Sabine's "works of art" plastered all over the walls of Lothal.

Speaking of propaganda pieces, recall the influx of Imperial enlistment posters being released a few months ago?

I'd love to see some within the show itself, akin to this piece:
    [​IMG]

And wouldn't it be neat if they show us a poster of Coruscant's Imperial Palace or Senate building, along with the massive statue of the Emperor? Like this:
    [​IMG]

15. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    The Empire has always been anti-artistic. Look at how they removed the plume from the guards' helmet and look at how in ROTS and the OT the Rebellion is colorful while the Empire is monochromatic.

16. darkchrono

darkchrono Jedi Master star 4

May 23, 2005

Now how much money do you think that girl spent at the salon in order to make her hair look like that?

17. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Most cosplayers I know do their hair themselves, or have a friend do it. Salon work is expensive. ;)

18. -Engelhast-

-Engelhast- Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2010
    Looks like a really good wig IMHO.

The colors of Ezra's outfit seem really off.

19. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    I wonder if it would be a good idea in Rebels if Kanan lost his lightsaber sometime in the show. If that happened, it could create interesting character development. Perhaps focus on his non-lightsaber skills for a bit, and he would have to lean more on his skill with a blaster and just using the force. A story about a jedi without a lightsaber can be interesting. Also the loss could affect Kanan deeply since the lightsaber represents his Jedi past.

It could also create a plot line of him trying to build/gain a new blade. Perhaps he could steal a lightsaber (or crystal) designed for Imperial dark jedi, giving Kanan a crimson blade, making him even more of a not so traditional jedi. Personally I want to see on screen a Jedi wielding a red blade longer then what Obiwan did in TCW.

20. podjazd

podjazd Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 16, 2013
  21. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  22. Dameron

Apr 8, 2014

I think the Empire is creative enough, in certain media:

[​IMG]

23. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011

Well, if someone wants to help pay for the ticket I'll go. =b

Seriously... saw this coming. Whoever heard of the Greg Weisman show without ship to ship combat.

Revanfan1 and Todd the Jedi like this.
  24. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    [face_sigh] Oh hell.

The best I can say is that I'll probably enjoy making fun of it.

Unless it miraculously is as great as Han/Leia. It's been quite awhile since that happened in Star Wars.

Revanfan1, DanielUK and Lord_Anzeroth like this.
  25. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    I figured it was a given that there was going to be a romance, just because all the movies have had one. And given that the human(oid) cast is limited to a younger male and female in Ezra and Sabine, and an older male and female in Kanan and Hera, I figured there'd be a relationship forming between one or both of these pairs.

Unless Rebels decides to break away from the mentor dying pattern that we've seen in the deaths of Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan and Yoda, I figure Kanan will die eventually, so I don't think that an Ezra/Sabine romance is out of the question, either running simultaneously with a Kanan/Hera relationship, or taking over the spot light in the wake of Kanan's presumed death.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.