main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official Star Wars Rebels Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by KED12345, Apr 4, 2013.

1. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    It screams I really need a space razor to me. :p

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  2. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    I think it's funny that his facial hair is making or breaking his character for some people. You know you won't even see it when he's wearing his helmet, right? :p

3. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    It's not making or breaking his overall character. It's just ensuring that Kanan is unrivaled as the hottest. Because he knows beards belong on chins.

4. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    It's not making or breaking his character for me. I just find the mutton chops to be incredibly silly looking. Other than that he looks like a very interesting character.

Revanfan1 likes this.
  5. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    Okay, that made me literally LOL.

6. Jedi_Kenobi32

Jedi_Kenobi32 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 24, 2005
    Let's just hope we get a shirtless pajama bottoms Kanan scene. ;)

Because you know it was a bit annoying that the only shirtless characters in TCW were Maul and Savage.

Okay there's that one totally awesome shirtless scene of Rex in The Deserter so come on Rebels crew: shirtless with pajama bottoms.

Also there should be a scene where Kallus is shaving off his mutton chops in front of a mirror only for the mutton chops to magically grow back a second later a la The Simpsons.

7. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I can't pull it up right now but there was a decent Kanan-ass image in which The Inquisitor was approaching him from behind.

Moar of that please, and yes, shirtless pajama bottom shots. If I have to view hours of Aayla and Ahsoka midriffs, and an arc in which the camera didn't even pretend not to zoom in on Padme's ass..."Anakin programmed the Malevolence to fly into a star, and now that you know how the arc ends, we bring you...even GREATER close-ups of Senator Amidala's gluteal parts!"

...throw me a bone here, Rebels.

8. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    Nothing wrong with the mutton chops. Guy Martin (motorcycle road racer, truck mechanic, enthusiast of engineering history from the industrial revolution forward) has them and he's an all around awesome guy.

Then there's Wolverine...

thejeditraitor likes this.
  9. The Shadow Emperor

The Shadow Emperor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 29, 2012
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. Jedi_Kenobi32

Jedi_Kenobi32 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 24, 2005
    The Shadow Emperor ah crap I forgot about Kit Fisto! :oops:

No I'm not going to count Sy Snootles. :p

Well if I remember correctly: Maul and Savage were the only male characters who walked around shirtless for more than one episode.

11. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    So what you're saying is that Kanan and Kallus:

[​IMG][​IMG]

... are really the bottom-of-the-face versions of the Road Warriors:

[​IMG][​IMG]

Something tells me CT-867-5309 knows what I'm talking about.

V-2 likes this.
  12. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Ah, destroying my own property. Impotent nerdrage at its finest. I believe I smashed a window or two when they killed off Even Piell. :p

I'm starting to like the idea of the Inquisitor and Kallus being recurring villains for the over-arching plot, with a few minor villains showing up once or twice. These guys would be the ones the Ghost crew makes a mockery of, while the main Imperial baddies would be some of the more competent villains on the show. I wouldn't want the villain-of-the-week to be too cartoonishly evil (unless it was pulled off well like Nuvo Vindi or Lok Durd), but we gotta see a fair share of wins and losses for our heroes. Their adversaries don't even necessarily have to be Imps. Could be other smugglers, bounty hunters, or just plain ruffians.

13. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Dark Lord Tarkas : I have no idea who those guys are, but I like the facial hair on the guy second from the right.

I'd love to do a poll based on what you said in the Kallus thread. It does seem that the men are all saying "Yeah! 70s hair! Mutton chops! A lot of cool people have mutton chops!" Whereas the women are all going "WTF. Shave, dude."

Todd the Jedi : Nothing like a good nerd rage. I don't break stuff, I just swear a lot and my swear words break stuff for me.

I'll be in a nerd rage if the stormtroopers are competent and the Imperials are incompetent.

14. Circular Logic

Circular Logic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    This image?
    [​IMG]

To those hoping for a shirtless/beach scene involving Kanan. Well, there is some precedent. Freddie Prinze Jr. voiced James Vega in the game Mass Effect 3, and we got a few shirtless scenes with him, including this one where he's getting a tattoo:
    [​IMG]

But...OTOH, the Mass Effect franchise was far more adult, and Vega was known for the occasional swears. Given that Rebels is supposed to be family-friendly, I can assure you that Prinze Jr. won't be swearing as Kanan. As for shirtless scenes...well, that remains to be seen. ;)

15. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
  16. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
  17. Sgt Crowfield

Sgt Crowfield Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 27, 1999
    All my female friends love Wolverine while I find him, well, meh. Can I have Lobo instead? Please? :p
    anakinfansince1983: I'm so with you on that poll.

V-2 and anakinfansince1983 like this.
  18. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    Ha, poll.

It's a heterograph.

Is it time for shaved or unshaved, round three?

19. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Shaved or unshaved, with the options being "Wolverine" and "Shaved. Dammit."

20. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    Well, we'd need someone to 'chop his chops off to provide visual options, and I don't have that skill.

21. Rebel Alliance Pigeon

Rebel Alliance Pigeon Jedi Padawan star 1

Mar 1, 2014
    [​IMG]

I think he looks better like this; much more of a callous complexion...

V-2 likes this.
  22. moonjump05

moonjump05 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 14, 2013
    ^That lantern jaw[face_hypnotized]

I have to turn in my woman card now.

23. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    You corrected a generalization. I like you.

moonjump05 likes this.
  24. Mzukiller

Mzukiller Jedi Padawan star 2

Sep 5, 2012
    That lightsaber doesn't look any less ridiculous.

StrikerKOJ likes this.
  25. Rebel Alliance Pigeon

Rebel Alliance Pigeon Jedi Padawan star 1

Mar 1, 2014
    What's wrong with it?