main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official Star Wars Rebels Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by KED12345, Apr 4, 2013.

1. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    Loved the trailer.

Brought a tear to my eye. ^:)^

Circular Logic likes this.
  2. H-BOMB

H-BOMB Jedi Master star 3

Feb 21, 2009
    Color me hyped. That was an awesome trailer, we finally got to see the polished animation in sustained shots, and I've warmed up to its style now.

Let's just hope we get some official dates out of SDCC, because waiting for this is going to be hell.

Dra--- likes this.
  3. credar

credar Jedi Master star 3

Sep 18, 2011
    Hey, if one prequel score is sure to, and should, live on, it's Duel of the Fates.

4. Circular Logic

Circular Logic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    I am 99% sure that building is the Imperial Academy of Lothal (very Imperial-like design, obviously), plus it is shown in the cover of Servants of the Empire: Edge of the Galaxy next to Imperial cadet Zare Leonis. So it stands to reason that Zare and other aspiring Imperials on Lothal train there.

Trebor Sabreon, darthosaka and Cevan like this.
  5. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Love the Catching Fire reference.

6. Darth_Harmon

Darth_Harmon Jedi Master star 4

Jul 4, 2005
    Figured we'd all enjoy a comparison picture between TCW and Rebels Obi-Wan - as mentioned before rebels is smoother and does away with TCW's early aesthetic of hard edges on hair and facial features:

[​IMG]

Still, the face is roughly the same dimensions. I can't imagine what Dooku would look like in Rebels, though I don't think we'd ever see him (unless his head makes a cameo with a lightsaber in his mouth).

7. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    Haven't you heard? Badass Digest just released a spoiler about Ep. 8. It begins with a head plummeting towards a desert planet with a curved lightsaber in its mouth. Our heroes recognize the lightsaber as a Sith relic, and decide to return it to the proper people.

8. Darth_Harmon

Darth_Harmon Jedi Master star 4

Jul 4, 2005

And one of the heroes just happens to be 3PO's son!? Amazing!

9. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    But we're the dumbest people alive for not believing a rumor that originated among two guys side-by-side at urinals! [face_laugh]

Dark Lord Tarkas likes this.
  10. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    [​IMG]

Seerow, podjazd, darthosaka and 4 others like this.
  11. Jedi_Kenobi32

Jedi_Kenobi32 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 24, 2005
    We should have a spinoff film about C-3PO where he meets a female Protocol droid, falls in love, marries her, has little Protocol kids who get A+s at the local Protocol Droid Elementary School, and then C-3PO's Protocol wife later divorces him because his constant nagging and complaining begins to annoy the **** out of her.

It would make a great drama. They could air it on the Lifetime.

I prefer Rebel Obi-Wan's model over his TCW model and I definitely prefer his Rebel's model over his TCW model from Seasons 1-2. Seriously, Obi-Wan's beard from the first two seasons of The Clone Wars looked like it could stab somebody or something. It's a good thing nobody ever accidentally ran into his beard during the show.

Animation and art style wise: So far I do think that The Clone Wars has better backgrounds while Rebel's has better character models and designs.

12. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Oh hell. [face_laugh]

As far as beards...I think they were all designed as reserve murder weapons in TCW. You've seen Dooku's beard, right?

I'm with you on Obi-Wan's model here. It looks better.

Jedi_Kenobi32 likes this.
  13. WampaSwamp

WampaSwamp Jedi Knight star 1

Aug 27, 2011
    If you look at Obi wan's hair from III you can actually make out bits of grey. Though I think the stylization of the cartoon model simply makes it stand out more.

14. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    Obi-Wan's model in Rebels looks awesome. His monologue in the trailer is great as well.

15. ifleninwasawizard

ifleninwasawizard Jedi Master star 4

Jun 2, 2014
    All the imperial ships look incredible. The insides of the Star Destroyer evoke the feel of the OT perfectly.

darthosaka and Force Smuggler like this.
  16. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    Thanks for the tip, I'll look closer next time.

17. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    It's likely an intentional homage to ROTJ.

The same thing was true of Luke in his hologram message to Jabba.

[​IMG]

V-2, Mia Mesharad, Revanfan1 and 4 others like this.
  18. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    Wonder how many dog fights we will get?

sarlaccsaurs-rex likes this.
  19. Cevan

Cevan Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 16, 2013
    Really nice trailer; glad to see (or in this case, hear) James Arnold Taylor voicing Obi-Wan, even if it is just a pre-recorded message. I was a bit skeptical of this show at first, but ever since we started getting loads of new info (Kallus video, Inquisitor video, visual guide, and this trailer), I've become really excited for this show. All the plots for the episodes that we've heard so far sound great, and it's nice to see some familiar faces what at the same time having a large cast of new characters. It'll be a nice change from TCW, since now there is actual risk involved. When we turn the TV on to watch a new episode of Rebels, we don't know if any of the new characters, both the Ghost crew and Imperials, will kick the bucket. Although I love TCW, you knew in every episode that Obi-Wan, Anakin, Dooku, Grievous, etc. wouldn't die. Nice to have some more risk involved this time.

20. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    The only one we had no idea on who was going to survive was Ashoka.
    Agreed about risk.

darthosaka likes this.
  21. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    Maybe a hologram recording is like a mirror, everything is opposite?

22. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    darthosaka likes this.
  23. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    Pff nobody disappears in the Star Wars universe. They're either dead, captured or some big "shocker secret "No I am your father" villain". :p

24. vstarvan

vstarvan Jedi Master star 2

Aug 11, 2013
    Am I the only one who thinks Kenobi's neck is unnaturally long?

25. Circular Logic

Circular Logic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    Adam Bray, author of the Star Wars: Rebels Visual Guide, has an article up on starwars.com, describing his experience writing the guide and gathering the facts and trivia needed to fill the tome.

Of particular interest are the two pages he included in the article, featuring the Ghost and Ezra (don't worry, nothing really spoilery):
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Also, TFN posted an interview with Bray.

I liked this particular response, as it shows that he, Filoni, and the Rebels crew are going out of their way to incorporate many elements form the Legends universe into the show: