main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official Star Wars Rebels Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by KED12345, Apr 4, 2013.

1. darthosaka

darthosaka Jedi Master star 1

Oct 25, 2012
    Why did they have to change Kessel's shape though? It made it unique.

2. Palpatine2016

Palpatine2016 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2012
    I was skeptical before, but this trailer has convinced me. I am excited for the premiere now. :D

3. KeithyT

KeithyT Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 17, 2014
    I've watched the trailer a couple more times now and love that part where Ezra is on the balcony of that tower, looking a bit glum, and then the Star Destoyer passes overhead just like the ANH opening shot.

It felt like we are supposed to be re-experiencing the awesomeness of that moment through Ezra's fresh eyes. Cool.

4. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    some new toy previews.

Rebelscum Star Wars Photo Archive

there's the ghost's shuttle phantom, the new chicken walker, inquisitor, his fighter, kallus, zeb, alladin, kanan and chopper.

darthosaka and Barriss_Coffee like this.
  5. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    "Focus your fire on the Jedi."

How do they know he's a Jedi? Maybe he's just a Light Side Agent.

6. StrikerKOJ

StrikerKOJ Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 21, 2014
    I guess I am the odd man out, still, as I appear to hold the opposite opinion than most here. I'm actually pretty impressed with the graphics; the textures specificaly. I love how glossy the Storm Troopers look. Brand new Empire with that shiny new armor, before they really got their hands dirty, as it were.

However, I am still not sold on the show as a whole. None of the "Rebels" appeal to me, and I am still really turned off by Ezra. As someone else mentioned, I hope the show doesn't turn into a big Ezra the Wonder Kid stroke fest.

Still looking forward to seeing how the Empire turns out, but still haven't seen anything to suggest they won't be much more than fumbly bumbly fools. Hope I'm wrong.

7. thejeditraitor

Aug 19, 2003
    he has a lightsaber.
    • Anakin: "You're a Jedi Knight, aren't you?"
    • Qui-Gon: "What makes you think that?"
    • Anakin: "I saw your laser sword. Only Jedi carry that kind of weapon."
    • Qui-Gon: "Perhaps I killed a Jedi and stole it from him."
    • Anakin: "I don't think so. No one can kill a Jedi."
    • Qui-Gon: "I wish that were so."

darthosaka and Iron_lord like this.
  8. ifleninwasawizard

ifleninwasawizard Jedi Master star 4

Jun 2, 2014
    I get where you're coming from with the characters (though my excitement for this show is high). For a lack of a better word, their 'spunkiness' seems turned up a little too much. I think that fits with Sabine, whose character has a lot of potential. My fear is there won't be enough diversity in tone between the rest of the characters.

Zare Leonis is giving me the most faith in the show right now. His development could end up being great.

darthosaka likes this.
  9. BobaFan101

BobaFan101 Jedi Padawan

Dec 3, 2013
    Not to burst anybody's bubble here, but since none of these characters are in ANH doesn't that mean they'll likely all end up dying before the show ends? Especially kanan and Ezra because there were no jedi at the time of ANH. Other than Yoda and Obi

10. Lord_Anzeroth

Lord_Anzeroth Jedi Master star 4

Mar 2, 2013

That's what I am thinking as well. Probably sacrifice themselves for the Rebel Alliance or the Death Star Plans...

11. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    The galaxy is a large place.................

12. Senator Kelberry

Senator Kelberry Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 22, 2010
    "Space," it says, "is big. Really big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mindbogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space, listen..."
    --The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Hyperspace may make a galaxy seem smaller but it's still really a giant place. With a population easily in the trillions, I would imagine, I like to think there's plenty of space for our rebel heroes here to survive even with them having not being written into any OT material. Maybe after awhile they split up and go their own ways or something, leaving the rebellion in more capable hands.

of course on the opposite side of that is the real possibility that maybe some or all of them do die. But that's really the great thing about this series isn't it? These aren't established characters so nothing can be assumed about their eventual fate. Sure we may guess at it, but it's impossible to know. That's one of the reasons, for me, it's going to be so interesting to watch.

13. Saga_Symphony

Saga_Symphony Force Ghost star 4

Oct 30, 2010
    Holo-Obi-Wan sounded rather.. bland. He's talking about the end of the Jedi like it's just another report.

14. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    The EU figure was about 100 quadrillion people in a Republic of over 50 million systems.

15. Lord_Anzeroth

Mar 2, 2013

I am sure that somewhere Ezra might be able to hide. If he dyes his hair, he will even more stealthier! :p

16. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    Getting contact lenses might also help.

17. StrikerKOJ

Apr 21, 2014

Not antagonizing the military of the ruling authority might also be a step towards not being noticed, but I suppose that wouldn't really lend its self well to the title of the show.

18. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    So much for the idea that Impstars can't do atmospheric ops.

darthosaka likes this.
  19. Lord_Anzeroth

Mar 2, 2013
    Hey, I prefer Imperial Coruscant over Republic Coruscant anytime...aesthetically speaking :p

darthosaka likes this.
  20. thejeditraitor

Aug 19, 2003
  21. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
  22. ifleninwasawizard

ifleninwasawizard Jedi Master star 4

Jun 2, 2014
    Ezra and co. not being in the OT is less of a logistical problem and more of a thematic one. Presumably they will become an increasingly important part of the rebellion as the show moves forward. At some point that progression will need a hard stop.

One option that makes a lot of sense is the crew of the Ghost taking a large part in the "first victory against the evil Galactic Empire' mentioned in ANH's opening crawl. If they are going to die it might as well be a sacrifice for the event that sparked the OT.

A little off-topic, today it struck me that it would be really awesome for that "first victory" to be depicted in the culmination of a huge multimedia project. I could imagine different comic series and books eventually converging into one big event. The Ghost crew could still be huge figures in it, but surrounded by characters we have seen in different media.

hippie1kenobi likes this.
  23. StrikerKOJ

Apr 21, 2014
    The story already has the most convenient device with which to tie up ALL lose ends...Alderaan. Cram all the ancillary, superfluous, and potentially problematic characters from before ANH into some secret meeting with Bail Organa on Alderaan, and let the pre-OT era end with a... bang...

*quick edit*

To expand on the idea so it doesn't feel like such a let down, have all plots lead to Alderaan. Rebels are out gathering data on the new superweapon, and Organa and Co. (whoever is in Co. with Organa at the time) have been reaching out to trusted rebel agents (saboteurs and Jedi alike) with a plan to strike out against this new awesome threat with as much force as they could muster... and then whoops...

It would be as if while Mon Mothma was stating "The Emperor has made a critical error and the time for our attack has come...", the Executor drops out of hyperspace with a fleet of Star Destroyers and wtfpizzahutpizzowns Home One before the offensive can begin.

Seerow, darthosaka, cdgodin and 2 others like this.
  24. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    There was that Impstar over Nar Shaddaa, way back in Dark Empire II.

25. thejeditraitor

Aug 19, 2003