main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official Star Wars Rebels Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by KED12345, Apr 4, 2013.

1. KeithyT

KeithyT Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 17, 2014
    Disney/Pixar's Up is another example - the 2 minute silent montage of Carl and Ellie's life and her death, one of the loveliest but at the same time most painful thing I've ever watched in a Disney movie. My jaw, chest (and eyes) were sore and aching watching that. It was such a surprise it was like a bullet to the heart.

2. The Last One

The Last One Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 24, 2014

Let's look at it like this. Because basically were taking about how a movie/show can give us an emotional connection right? They don't have to show violence/death to gain that kind of emotion. But from what the trailer shows can we really take this show seriously in that department? Just look at the character design. Do I even want a strong story with how these characters look? [​IMG]

3. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I have yet to see that one but I have heard about it. Off to search Netflix and Amazon Instant Video.

As far as Satine...The Lawless was one of the only two good episodes in season 5, and I was definitely sad for Obi-Wan.

But I shed more tears when Belle told the Beast that she loved him. Actually I shed more tears when Savage died.

Someone else will have to elaborate on the difference between Disney XD shows and Cartoon Network shows; I've never watched either channel regularly but my understanding was that there is very little difference.

4. The Last One

Jul 24, 2014

There is a major difference considering cartoon network plays shows right after TCW on adult swim like robot chicken. Disney doesn't do that..

sarlaccsaurs-rex and darthosaka like this.
  5. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    And that's my problem with the Inquisitor having a lightsaber and his garb. Everyone "should" call him a Jedi while most of the audience will probably call him a Sith and he's neither.[/quote]

6. Kablob

Kablob Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 24, 2014

I think the difference is mainly that Disney XD hasn't really had a good show yet, and the "Disney = Super kiddy" bias that some people have.

That's just your taste in animation style, I guess. It just looks like TCW without the sharp edges to me. And I remember people making the same argument about TCW before it came out.

7. CommanderDrenn

CommanderDrenn Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 19, 2013
    On the rare occasion I watch Cable tv, I've gotten the sense that Disney XD targets 8-10 year olds, and Cartoon Network targets 10-13 year olds.

darthosaka likes this.
  8. vw_jedi

vw_jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 18, 2002
    Well, when all other arguments fail, I guess judging a book by it's cover must work! :oops:

9. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I'd say it's one thing to have concerns based on the trailers. People might not like the animation differences, I understand that. I have my own concerns about how over-the-top Ezra might end up being as well as whether the Jedi will be too "open" for the era this is supposed to take place. And I'm the last one to tell people that they must be optimistic, although I personally am.

I just don't think "It's not TCW" is an argument for, well, anything. It's not supposed to be TCW. Different show, different era. In 25,000 years of GFFA time, there is room for more than one TV show.

10. The Last One

Jul 24, 2014

This is how you make a trailer that connects with true star wars fans -

Not some random shootem up like rebels. Hows that for judgement.

Room? They canceled TCW because of Disney..

11. Kablob

Jul 24, 2014

That's how you make a trailer for the sixth season of a show where you know all of the characters. Not the first season of something new. And "true star wars fans"? Really?

12. vw_jedi

Feb 18, 2002
    Please define true SW fan. And who get's to define what a true fan is?

Your arguments are steadily moving from bad to grasping at straws.

In case you missed the entire OT, SW is a shootem up! Lol...

13. The Last One

Jul 24, 2014

Here's the first season trailer for TCW-

Still better then rebels.

14. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I don't know if you registered today just to complain about that, it certainly seems that way, but that discussion was hashed to death around here last spring.

You might want to try this thread:

The Official Clone Wars Discussion Thread

15. The Last One

Jul 24, 2014

A true SW fan is a bigger debate. All I mean't was it connects with most SW lovers.

16. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Still a terrible stereotype. "Star Wars lovers" are not a monolith.

17. The Last One

Jul 24, 2014

I thought this looked like a decent forum of a good bunch of people. Just so happens this is a hot topic XD.

18. vw_jedi

Feb 18, 2002
    How do you know what connects to most SW lovers? Isn't it clear to you by the amount of resistance to your premature griping that you're seeing in this thread that you do not speak for other SW fans?

darthosaka and Kablob like this.
  19. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    It is a decent forum with a good bunch of people. You will find that we don't always agree, in fact we disagree pretty often. But we're all "true Star Wars fans" and "Star Wars lovers."

Check out the thread I linked you to in my last post, since you seem to enjoy TCW.

20. The Last One

Jul 24, 2014

Hundreds of people agree with me. Go read some of the comments dude! Plus there are thousands of SW fans, so I don't care if a few forum peoples don't agree on something.

sarlaccsaurs-rex likes this.
  21. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Um, OK, but you are discussing this subject on this forum, with us, because you said you thought we looked like a good bunch of people.

You are not obligated to care what we think, but in that case, I'm not sure why you want to discuss this here as opposed to among the hundreds of people who agree with you out there in cyberspace.

As I said...I don't have a problem with apprehension based on trailers. Other people have had concerns as well.

I'm just not sure what the point is of registering just to tell us that we're "wrong", "not true Star Wars fans" or "don't understand how TV works" if we don't share your apprehensions, which seem to be summed up as "it's not TCW."

22. The Last One

Jul 24, 2014

I didn't register to come on this topic. I just saw it afterwards.

23. vw_jedi

Feb 18, 2002
    Hundreds, eh? Where are they? I don't see them here.

You missed the simple point that you are not speaking for anyone but yourself. No one has made you their proxy in all things SW. No one asked you to come here and speak for them. You speak for you.

And in case you've been living under a rock, there are MILLIONS upon millions of SW fans, not thousands.

By the way, what is a, "forum peoples?" You say it like it's a derogatory thing to talk about SW on a forum, yet you asked me to go read some comments that support you. Where should I read them? On a forum? Lol..

darthosaka likes this.
  24. The Last One

Jul 24, 2014

Read some of the comments for yourself-

sarlaccsaurs-rex likes this.
  25. Kablob

Jul 24, 2014

Are you really asking us to voluntarily read Youtube comments? That's one of the biggest cesspools on the internet.