main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official Star Wars Rebels Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by KED12345, Apr 4, 2013.

1. Kablob

Kablob Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 24, 2014
    Agreed, but it's a small enough thing that it doesn't bother me much. Besides, we know he transitions into the staple-gun blaster/lightsaber at some point. Here's hoping it's early on.

2. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    Actually I kind of hate the staple-gun lightsaber/blaster copied off of Ulysses 31 (I love it in Ulysses 31 as a lightsaber rip-off but it's lame in SW proper), so the longer they stay with laser slingshot about which I am ambivalent the happier I'll be.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    Hopefully Booba Fett does not act on Space Aladdin's crush. Romance is just a no no for this show, would create to much drama. What would be a good outcome with Oliver's crush is that eventually he gets over it and instead creates an interesting platonic relationship with Graffitia.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  4. Rebel Alliance Pigeon

Rebel Alliance Pigeon Jedi Padawan star 1

Mar 1, 2014
    You don't like the new characters? Besides; this is like Neo's fight with Smith in the third Matrix film; Neo knew he could not win no matter what.
    She'll probably reciprocate his feelings, in an ultra mushy vignette with that saccharine classical and cliche violin song

5. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    Where did I say that? I just don't want romance in this show. Just because I use nicknames for certain Rebel characters, does not mean im against new characters.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  6. Circular Logic

Circular Logic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    Looking through the trailer again, I was able to identify Cumberlayne Aresko, Imperial commander and a trainer at Lothal's Imperial Academy (very Tim Burton-esque look):
    [​IMG]

And there's also Taskmaster Myles Grint, who didn't appear in the trailer but is also identified from the Rebels Visual Guide. Outside of the images in the Guide, the only picture I've found of him (pretty sure it's him after comparing with the image in the Visual Guide video) is this old concept art image of the Inquisitor in front of several Imperial officers (Grint's the Imperial officer flanked by the two stormtroopers):
    [​IMG]

These two officers will undoubtedly play a role in overseeing the training of the next generation of the Empire's young soldiers. Superficially, they fit the Disney Fat and Skinny villain duos trope to a tee. But outside of that, we know next to nothing about these two characters, so I'm looking forward to learning more, hopefully before the series premiers.

7. Zer0

Zer0 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 3, 2012
    I'm looking forward to this, I could start to like the main cast in time, as long as they grow as characters, I won't be bothered much.

I mean sure I'd love a series finale of Vader just appearing and slaughtering them like lambs, so there's no way they're chilling during the OT and not helping Luke.

8. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    I hope that Vader gets mentioned quite a bit through out the series but does run into them later on.

9. Sgt Crowfield

Sgt Crowfield Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 27, 1999
    It would be nice if Vader did that, but even if the Death Star's janitor slaughtered them, it would still be quite to my liking.

10. Skaddix

Skaddix Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 3, 2012
    Problem is you don't wanna turn Vader into a joke. The Inquisitor... is a nobody so our Heroes escaping him and tricking him works well. But Vader that means things need to get serious and probably requires some characters to die. I mean was our Jedi even a Knight when the order fell? Even if he was if Vader cannot walk all over a Jedi Knight and Padawan something is wrong.

11. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    I expect the Inquisitor to last 2-3 seasons or if the Inquisitor is killed, then Vader would step in. Someone is going to have to die if he showed up. Save him for the series finale.

12. Alixen

Alixen Jedi Master star 4

Aug 7, 2003
    I rather enjoyed the look ahead, and have to say the characters interest me.

I have been here too long though, the forum that is, as my first reaction was to rationalize that Luminara was only 'almost' dead and thus was later captured and imprisoned. After all, look at Vos's injuries. Then I remembered that for the new setting I don't need to mentally 'fix' continuity anymore. Still, it would be nice to splice Rebels into my my mental canon, as long as there is nothing too massive to reconcile. Character deaths have always been worked around easily enough.

Edit:

What i would very much like is for the Inquisitor to be a massive threat throughout the series, and then he fails... for the last time. Vader turn up and makes an absolute chump out of him, trivializing his skills, before turning his gaze on the crew... who run like hell. THAT is how I want Vader to eventually make his entrance.

I want the Inquisitor to be a good character in his own right, of course, but I do truly also want his entire purpose to be the Worf for Vader.

13. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    more rebels figs. this first page shows cikatro vizago, ig-rm, wullffaro and wookiee warrior, also an at-dp driver! the imperial troop transport. at the bottom is a heroes and villains set with saga figs and kanan, ezra and the inquisitor. also from the tcw a jedi temple guard with yellow lightsaber!

Rebelscum Star Wars Photo Archive

more hi-res images.

Rebelscum Star Wars Photo Archive

14. The Last One

The Last One Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 24, 2014

I know... But she wasn't used properly in my opinion.

15. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    I like what TV Tropes tries to do, but the fact that they use "usually" so often in a completely non-specific and uncited way also makes their site kind of useless. They need to get more like Wikipedia and take proving what they say a lot more seriously.

QuangoFett and cwustudent like this.
  16. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Vader should only have a few cameos throughout the entire show.

And when he does show up, someone needs to die.

He didn't start letting people go until ESB. (Not including Leia in that, because she was more prominent than any of these characters will be and therefore more useful.)

darthosaka, EHT and Dak Oolron like this.
  17. Lord_Anzeroth

Lord_Anzeroth Jedi Master star 4

Mar 2, 2013
    Exactly. I hated Starkiller for making Vader seem weak in comparison to him and I really hope that this show will make Vader feared again.

18. vw_jedi

vw_jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 18, 2002
    Man the AT-DP driver's helmet has a ridiculous Joker grin.

19. Alixen

Alixen Jedi Master star 4

Aug 7, 2003
    As long as they can do it well, I would like a few episodes that center on Vader, and showcase the fact that he was still the second most badass force-user in the GFFA after his injuries. Sure, we have novels, comics and games (most of which don't count in the NEU, not that I care), but you can't beat seeing things on the TV screen, and really, the only impressive showing we have of Vader on screen is his force chokes, telekenisis in TESB and his force-float-down-staircase and saber throw in ROTJ. I want to see the suited Dark Lord move; I want to see the same momentum he has in TESB as he drives Luke back, with the power of the PT and TCW space-wizards. I want to see something like Dooku versus the Nightsisters.

Not that I particularly want Vader to be a main antagonist so to speak. He should be the ultimate menace, something to pull out in a later season, when the unknowing heroes get in his way. After all, one failed Jedi and his own impetuous apprentice are a job for the Inquisition... not the Dark Lord of the Sith. He hunts bigger game.

But I do want him to turn up, and lets be honest, they won't be able to resist pulling him out forever.

20. Dak Oolron

Dak Oolron Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 24, 2014
    That's why I refuse to play those games. What a load of rubbish.

Theo333, cwustudent and EHT like this.
  21. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Now non-canon rubbish. ;)

V-2, Lord_Anzeroth, Theo333 and 6 others like this.
  22. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
  23. Skaddix

Skaddix Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 3, 2012
    U know what I want to see in Vader, Micro Series Grevious. Now that was when Grevious was a terrifying force of nature capable of crushing mutiple masters, knights and apprentices at the same time. Vader should be like that but stronger but its still a good baseline.

24. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    Yes and some great-looking figures of Hera and Sabine were showcased, as well.

Now, I don't usually like to say "told you so," but in this case, I think it's important.

Anyone who was here a few months back might remember, when our first glimpse of Rebels figures was revealed, that I defended Hasbro from being called-out for "ignoring" the female characters.

Recall how I cautioned that Hasbro simply works like this, and the realities of the hobby dictate that the company needs to reserve some products in order to have major figures to unveil at SDCC?

Remember how Hasbro was vilified for 'ignoring the plight of the female fan' (and so was I, because I actually deigned to defended Hasbro, and suggested that people might have a little patience)?

Well, I just hope that everyone who was looking forward to figures of Hera and Sabine (myself among them) are happy with this latest reveal. Because even at 5 POA/animated (which drives me up a wall), these are some good-looking figures.

Sometimes patience is rewarded, folks.

And it's always a virtue.

Revanfan1 and darthosaka like this.
  25. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    Heck yeah!