main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official Star Wars Rebels Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by KED12345, Apr 4, 2013.

1. Lord_Anzeroth

Lord_Anzeroth Jedi Master star 4

Mar 2, 2013
    Yeah, we've discussed this before.
    I believe that the most probable scenario is that the Inquisitor leaked this *false* piece of information shortly after he was contacted by Kallus about the Jedi amongst the Rebel cell.

The Ghost crew finds out about her arrest and go to the prison where she is help and try to rescue her.

If you take a look at the Inquisitor vs Kanan clip and the "meet the Inquisitor" clip, you can see Kanan and Ezra entering an empty cell (probably where Luminara was supposed to be held) and the Inquisitor shortly ambushing them.

All in all, I reckon that the Inqusitor laid a trap for Kanan and the rest of the crew.

darthosaka likes this.
  2. Darth_Harmon

Darth_Harmon Jedi Master star 4

Jul 4, 2005
    I'm still curious as to what the aspect ratio will be for the series. I know 16:9 for TV, like The Clone Wars, will be what we see on XD, but I wonder if they're producing it in the cinematic ratio to match the movies and TCW. Watching the behind the scenes, I'm not seeing 2.35:1 on any of the animators screens, but then again these could be the shorts which might be produced at 16:9 and will not be in the 2.35:1 ratio.

The only instance of Rebels in 2.35:1 was in the Top 10 Droids video:

[​IMG]

Though I'm not sure if this is 16:9 with black bars on top and bottom, or if this is 16:9 opened up to 2.35:1, since I've yet to see the original 16:9 version of this scene to compare.

3. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Or she escaped the original Order 66 and was captured recently and used as potential bait for other undercover Jedi.

4. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    I cannot see the Inquisitor being strong enough to defeat Luminara. She is more of a target for Vader.

Dark Lord Tarkas likes this.
  5. JediFan215

JediFan215 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 31, 2014
    I only hope Luminara lives long enough to admit her way was a failure- and that she failed Bariss.

6. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I say both could likely happen and I just hope she does not live long it just would not make sense.

Force Smuggler likes this.
  7. Cevan

Cevan Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 16, 2013
    She could certainly be killed if she is weakened from being tortured, doesn't have her lightsaber, and is imprisoned.

8. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    Thanks.

Incidentally, you know that now-famous 'hero' shot of Kanan igniting his lightsaber while standing on top of the Ghost? When Kallus says "All troopers, focus your fire on... on the Jedi"? You want to know something very trivial, but which irks me, nonetheless?

Kanan ignites his saber -- complete with the sound effect -- and then he swings the saber through the air into a battle-ready position, and as the saber swings, we hear the sound of a second ignition.

Careful Agent Kallus, there's a second shooter! *Does Lothal even have grassy knolls?*

I know it was a decision likely made to enhance the drama of the scene, but instead, it just stands out like a sore thumb to me and actually takes my mind away from what should be a really impressive moment, both in the show, and for the character.

I know I've never mentioned it until now, but it's bugged me every time I've seen it. I remember thinking, "okay, maybe it's just like this for this first trailer, and will be fixed." But it's there every time.

Attention Rebels production team: If you're reading this, it's something which would take the audio dept. literally two seconds to edit - an easy fix to make before the episode airs!

Or, maybe I'm the only one who is actually bothered by it. :D

Did anyone else even notice?

9. vstarvan

vstarvan Jedi Master star 2

Aug 11, 2013
    YES. That bothered me so much. When I first watched the trailer I pointed it out to my friend, and it bothers me way more than it should.

10. Trebor Sabreon

Sep 15, 2010
    Thank the Maker. I'm not the only one! :p

11. vstarvan

Aug 11, 2013
    You know what eases the pain? I tell myself that Ezra's just igniting his staple gun saber offscreen. It'll keep me sane until I'm proven wrong when the episode airs.

12. Trebor Sabreon

Sep 15, 2010
    Now, I like that. Creative solutions, people! :D

13. Cevan

Cevan Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 16, 2013

Yeah, my brother noticed that a few weeks back and ever since then it's stuck out to me like a sore thumb. I really hope they fix it before it airs, but I doubt they will.

If they don't fix it, I'm just going to say that it made a second ignite sound due to the lightsaber not being used in a long time (kind of like it was charging up for the first time in years). It's not a great in-canon explanation, but it's better than nothing I suppose.

14. Trebor Sabreon

Sep 15, 2010
    Hey, now that's another good one! :)

*But it would be nice if they'd simply fix the darn thing and not force us to come up with these kind of solutions, ourselves.*

darthosaka and Revanfan1 like this.
  15. vstarvan

Aug 11, 2013
    I heard they're going to fix it in the special edition. They're going to add a second blade that ignites when the sound goes off.

Redimet and Trebor Sabreon like this.
  16. Cevan

Cevan Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 16, 2013
    It seems like Spark of Rebellion is being considered as a TV movie/pilot, not an actual episode of season one. Considering season one is only going to consist of 16 episodes, it's nice that Spark of Rebellion won't be taking up one of those slots. If we add up the runtimes of season one and the pilot, we'll have 18 episodes worth of footage (not to mention the four shorts we got/are currently getting as well).

17. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    Agh, you too? It bugs the fire out of me. I just hope it won't actually sound like that in the episode (sometimes the trailers and actual episodes have different SFX, or even visual effects–see Anakin's green lightsaber, which was Barriss', in the Season 5 trailer, then changed to blue).

darthosaka and Trebor Sabreon like this.
  18. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    I have to agree about the violence I've seen in some of the clips seeming a little cartoony but at the same time and maybe its in my head cuz of one of the guys involved. I'm a little reminded of Gargoyles.

Man 16-18 episodes seems a little weak to me but I guess they want to see how well this does then decide whether or order more for season 2 or not at all.

19. AndrewPascoe

AndrewPascoe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 26, 2014
    I'm hoping quality of episodes over quantity prevails for season 1!

darthosaka likes this.
  20. Gemma

Gemma Jedi Master star 4

Dec 25, 2013
    I've got a question and since noticing that this thread has over 500 pages - I apologize in advance if it's already been asked and discussed. Why is it the Pilot - Sparks of Rebellion- is being made available on the regular Disney channel --- yet the series itself will only be available on Disney XD channel?

21. revan772

revan772 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 5, 2014
    I am going to guess because more people have Disney Channel and less have Disney XD. And when people watch the "movie" they may be persuaded to get the XD channel to watch the series.

22. Trebor Sabreon

Sep 15, 2010
    I think that almost has to be the reason, no? It makes sense, I think.

23. darkmarc

darkmarc Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 30, 2013
    Oh, without question! Disney wants to soak us as much as LFL useta do. [face_money_eyes]

Trebor Sabreon likes this.
  24. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    Well, the bar was set pretty low by TCW movie. Spark of Rebellion cannot surely be worse.

Redimet, Krueger and Force Smuggler like this.
  25. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    I love where the Clone Wars series eventually went. On the whole it’s a very good series, IMO. However, I still can't believe that Lucas et all genuinely thought that the CW "movie" was fit for cinema release. To this day I'm still embarrassed as a Star Wars fan that that "thing" made it to cinemas and people actually turned up on opening weekend expecting to see a new SW film.

Barriss_Coffee likes this.