main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official Star Wars Rebels Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by KED12345, Apr 4, 2013.

1. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    I dunno. That unknown dude has some major hair gel going on.

darthosaka likes this.
  2. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    He just wants to look professional when he humiliates the stormtroopers.

Anyway, that one trooper nearly shot his friend. I guess you don't really need to attack the empire's soldiers if their aim is so bad they just end up shooting each other.

3. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    It's Kanan. It's identical to Kanan model I've seen.

4. KeithyT

KeithyT Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 17, 2014
    Any pics? The Lego Minifig photos I've seen all show Kanan in his pale green outfit with shoulder harness. Looks quite a bit different.

5. Rebel Alliance Pigeon

Rebel Alliance Pigeon Jedi Padawan star 1

Mar 1, 2014
    This mysterious character looks overweight... Probably not Kanan.

KeithyT likes this.
  6. Cevan

Cevan Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 16, 2013
    I'm pretty sure it's just a bad representation of Kanan. Notice how different the Stormtroopers look as well compared to their appearance in the Rebels sets? No idea why the animators were so off the mark with both of them, but I'm positive that it's supposed to be Kanan.

darthosaka likes this.
  7. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    Star Wars Rebels Secrets # 3 : AT AT

8. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    As does Ezra. I hate the sheen of his hair. It always reminds me of Alsatia Zevo.

[​IMG]

AkashKedavra_93 and darthosaka like this.
  9. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    Don't get me wrong, TCW has its share of brutal moments even in the first season, but throwing a bomb into someone's hands and actually showing them explode is way more brutal than anything in at least the first season of TCW (which of course gets increasingly brutal with practically every season). Just to reiterate what I said in my last post you were responding to, if it was something that couldn't happen in real life that would make me feel like it's cartoony, but watching someone fumble with an explosive and get blown up doesn't fall in the category for me at all. That could just as easily happen in live action.

That's not the issue I was addressing in my post. On that subject, my opinion is that we cannot have higher standards for Stormtroopers than what is set in the OT, and that is not a particularly high standard to be euphemistic about it.

10. revan772

revan772 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 5, 2014
    I hope we see Vos in this, and he makes it out. :D

darthosaka likes this.
  11. Jedi_Kenobi32

Jedi_Kenobi32 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 24, 2005
    Personally, I think that there is one important detail that people here may overlooked or may have missed regarding the violence in that seven minute Rebels preview. It's a detail that does set it apart from the Clone Wars. And just what is that important detail?

The fact that the seven minute preview was rated TV-Y7: FV instead of TV-PG: V on Disney XD.

That's right Redshirts or not they showed Stormtroopers being beaten up by Zeb, Stormtroopers getting shot point blank on screen, and one Trooper getting blown up in a TV-Y7: FV rated preview. That is simply amazing and I'm glad they were willing to push the envelope a little bit. Now would I declare that Rebels preview to be as violent, dark, and brutal as the Clone Wars in general? No, of course not. However, as I mentioned several pages ago the seven minute Rebels preview was already more violent when compared to the Clone Wars' Ambush episode.

Secondly, while the Clone Wars was brutal and certainly did push the envelope I can easily attest that practically all of the other so-called PG shows on Cartoon Network are nothing more than edgier TV-Y7: (FV) programs. Case in point if shows like Young Justice and Adventure Time were made anywhere from the 90s to the mid 2000s then they would have been rated TV-Y7 instead of TV-PG.

So yeah kudos to Disney for allowing that kind of violence in the Rebels preview and rating it TV-Y7: FV at the same time. Once again that is amazing.

darthosaka and Revanfan1 like this.
  12. Hoggsquattle

Hoggsquattle Jedi Master star 5

Feb 7, 2009

TCW was very violent - not just because it was family show.

Broken necks, lightsabres through the back, decapitations to name a few.

Catching the bomb is similar to the Clone getting shot in the head while shouting encouragement sty the start of the movie - both are similar to occurences used in war films for years and Indiana Jones too.

It is intended to be kind of funny because he is a stormtrooper - like Nazis in Indiana Jones movies - sometimes they die in ways intended to make us laugh.

However, it is indeed very far from Looney Tunes humour.

This is something that I was hoping they would do - the Onderon arc in TCW was meant to foreshadow this kind of thing.

Have you heard this officially? Will we be seeing civilians with different attitudes to the Rebels?

This could just be a character for the sponsor advert - over here the LEGO sponsor clips for LEGO Star Wars specials and TCW feature characters just used in the ads.

Isn't the whole stormtrooper "incompetency" thing the result of parody exaggeration?

Are there any actual examples of it in the trilogy?

There is a book being released next year about Vos and Ventress, based on a TCW script that never got to production because the show was finished early.

darthosaka likes this.
  13. KeithyT

KeithyT Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 17, 2014
    Could be Hoggsquattle . When you say "over here" which side of the pond are you talking? I'm in the UK (not sure if that was clear from the makingstarwars news item).

Even the similar sponsor ad showing Hera has her looking subtly different from her actual Lego Minifig. Maybe these shorts were done early on by the Lego animators?

As you say, this could be a character just used in the ads, or a subtly different Kanan (although something is telling me no), or an actual new Rebels character that we haven't heard about yet.

14. Hoggsquattle

Feb 7, 2009

Ireland - so we most likely had the same sponsors for Cartoon Network shows as you - although now and again they are Irish specific.

I can't give details though - it only popped into my head after watching the ad, so I'm open to being corrected. ;)

KeithyT likes this.
  15. JediFan215

JediFan215 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 31, 2014
    We've got the first six episode titles, courtesy of the Star Wars Underworld:
    Episode 101A: “The Machine in the Ghost”
    Directed by Dave Filoni
    Written by Greg Weisman
    Episode101B: “Art Attack”
    Directed by Justin Ridge
    Written by Greg Weisman

Episode 101C: “Entanglement”

Directed by Justin Ridge
    Written by Henry Gilroy, Simon Kinberg
    Episode 101D: “Property of Ezra Bridger”
    Directed by Dave Filoni
    Written by Simon Kinberg

Episode 102-103: “Spark of Rebellion”

Directed by Steward Lee, Steven G. Lee
    Written by Simon Kinberg

Episode 104: “Droids in Distress”

Directed by Steward Lee
    Written by Greg Weisman
    Episode 105: “Fighter Flight”
    Directed by Steven G. Lee
    Written by Greg Weisman
    Episode 106: “Rise of the Old Masters”
    Directed by Steward Lee
    Written by Henry Gilroy

16. Hoggsquattle

Feb 7, 2009
    JediFan215

Episode 5 “Fighter Flight” or "Fight or Flight":confused:

17. JediFan215

JediFan215 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 31, 2014
    hmmm Hoggsquattle....
    Not sure. I copied and pasted it directly from the SWU site, and they got it from Insider magazine

18. DarthTalgus

DarthTalgus Force Ghost star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Property of Ezra Bridger and Spark of Rebellion : The Intro
    Droids in Distress : The episode with Threepio and Artoo
    Fighter Flight : The one where they steal the TIE fighter
    Rise of the Old Masters : The episode with Luminara ? :confused:

darthosaka likes this.
  19. Hoggsquattle

Feb 7, 2009
    Okies. "Droids in Distress" and "Rise of the Old Masters" made me think, at first, of Threepio and Artoo and Luminara Unduli, but I had thought they'd have left such episodes until later in the season after establishing the Ghost crew first.

Just thinking that too. ;)

darthosaka and JediFan215 like this.
  20. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    “Rise of the Old Masters” sounds interesting...

21. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    Preview of "Property of Ezra Bridger"

darthosaka and Cevan like this.
  22. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    :D

AkashKedavra_93 likes this.
  23. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
  24. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    Hoggsquattle no, not officially. Just my interpretation of the clips so far.

Hoggsquattle likes this.
  25. revan772

revan772 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 5, 2014
    Rise of the old Masters? So more then one? I figure it'll probably be Unduli and Kenobi or Kanan but I am hoping for Shaak Tii or Vos? :3
    IF it means Luminara at all. xD

darthosaka likes this.