main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official Star Wars Rebels Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by KED12345, Apr 4, 2013.

1. Kablob

Kablob Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 24, 2014
    I don't want to have this conversation again.

By the third or fourth time it just got tiring.

2. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Kanan is a Jedi and Ezra will be trained to become a Jedi.

http://disney.wikia.com/wiki/Kanan_Jarrus

http://disney.wikia.com/wiki/Ezra_Bridger

I dont think its debatable at this point in time, whether or not one agrees or not is a different matter but its Disney's property now and they may have more freedom than the sequel trilogy which was still written by Lucas. Probably wouldnt surprise me though if this toon is better than the sequel trilogy.

3. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    Vorax

I guess we just have to see how they handle it.

Anyway, let's try and start a new form of topic and get away from repeated ones yes?

4. Cevan

Cevan Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 16, 2013
    Now it's time to move on to the good ol' topic of how TCW will be soooooo much better than Rebels. :p

5. Kablob

Jul 24, 2014
    In which I laugh at how we have come full circle. :p

darthosaka likes this.
  6. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    [​IMG]

And all of a sudden, a thousand voices cried out in terror...

Just kidding. :p

7. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
  8. Marcus Moore

Marcus Moore Jedi Padawan star 1

Sep 16, 2014

My take is this- we're what... 14 years after the jedi purge? Any jedi that couldn't stay under the radar have been hunted down by now. Only those very careful and very lucky will have survived. That's not a lot, but it is some. "All but extinct.", Ben said.

REBELS is 4 years before EP IV. 4 years is a long time in a war. Let's put it in relative terms- that's 1940-1944 during WW2. Almost a full year before the US even entered the war. A lot of heroes came and went during that time. There were a lot of campaigns spread across the globe that never interacted with one another. Transpose this to a galactic scale and there's LOTS of rebels that Han, Luke, and Leia would never have met that might have been important, even crucial to the rebellion--

As for Kanan and Ezra. Kanan's not a Jedi and Ezra is only force sensitive. As Filoni has said in interviews the jedi purge didn't stop people with the force from being born- it just meant that they didn't have the guidance to develop their skills... and certainly not the seemingly life-long path that it took to become a real Jedi.

Who knows where these characters will end up. Who knows which of them will survive the 4 years to when Luke even first comes into contact with the Rebellion at large. I don't hold out much hope for Kanan. I think his destiny is going to be one of self-sacrifice; for Ezra, for the Rebellion... I don't see him making it. Ezra's tougher to call. I just keep thinking how much can happen in 4 years.

And all this aside, I don't think it makes Luke any less important- I think Ben and Yoda both believe he's the only one who can defeat Vader.

9. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    darthosaka likes this.
  10. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    http://www.slashfilm.com/star-wars-rebels-interview-dave-filoni/

11. Darth Doop

Darth Doop Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2014
    This is four years before ANH?

12. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    I thought it was five for some reason.

13. Darth Doop

Apr 24, 2014
    I'd think it would be a bit longer before ANH. The rebellion couldn't have formed in that short time span.

14. Kablob

Jul 24, 2014
    It is five years before ANH, 14 after ROTS. 5 BBY.

Five years is a long time for stuff to happen. It's longer than the entire Clone Wars, which were 3.5 years at most.

15. Darth Doop

Apr 24, 2014
    I guess you're right. Clone Wars did seem long when in reality it was only a couple of years.

darthosaka likes this.
  16. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    It's plausible that both Kanan and Ezra survive Rebels

17. ScorpionJedi

ScorpionJedi Jedi Master star 3

Jun 19, 2013
    Very very likely I'd say like over 90%. This is a kid's show on Disney XD after all. There's no way Disney wants to kill off their heroes as kids don't want to buy toys of dead people, the same reason George Lucas didn't want Han to die in ROTJ. I'm betting that they survive through the OT too even. I mean they still haven't killed off anyone in the Marvel Cinematic Universe even.

18. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    Yeah, that's my theory behind it. Especially Ezra; Disney won't kill a teen protagonist.

ScorpionJedi likes this.
  19. Chris0013

Chris0013 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    So...are they just going to be hanging around Lothal most of the time?

Here is my issue with that...you have just royally ticked off the resident Imperial Garrison, whipped out your lightsaber (no euphemism intended) on the local ISB agent, and pretty much announced yourselves as subversives.....Kallus seems like a pretty intelligent guy...and the resources he has would mean he would have IDs on everyone of the crew, ship's registry information, and warrants and bounties out for everyone.

To me...this is when you get out of Dodge Lothal, get a new ID, get the ship registered under false papers with a doctored log and start hauling cargo on the opposite side of the galaxy....or at least keep moving around.

darthosaka likes this.
  20. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    In a way, I'm more excited about this than the ST; Rebels has more freedom, especially now we know the series is set in a different part of the galaxy and probably won't interact with OT characters.

Force Smuggler likes this.
  21. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Both have a lot of freedom. We don't know what will happen in either.

Revanfan1 and Cushing's Admirer like this.
  22. Spartan Kobe

Spartan Kobe Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 7, 2014
    They could've been in hiding or something during the Rebellion era and then decided to help Luke create his NJO after ROTJ. Why not I guess. That would be cool. Maybe they could make a show later on about the NJO.

23. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    A NJO show would be awesome.

24. Darth Doop

Apr 24, 2014
    I'd say the ST has more freedom.

Sgt Crowfield likes this.
  25. Kablob

Jul 24, 2014