main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official Star Wars Rebels Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by KED12345, Apr 4, 2013.

1. Padme's Love Slave

Padme's Love Slave Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 16, 2013
    I don't know about that. Obi-Wan says he recalibrated a signal in Sith. He did not say he recorded a message. This hologram must be something different. The use of the signal is also elaborated on in A New Dawn.

darthosaka likes this.
  2. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014

Yeah. I know I'm reading the book actually. Lol. Maybe they changed something then for the series? In terms of the message that us.

3. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Obi Wan is a popular character, they'd want to use him. Plus Filoni would use him as a familiar face to tell the fans this is us again and its a sequel series. Sooner or later Kenobi will have his own movie.

4. AndrewPascoe

AndrewPascoe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 26, 2014
    Maybe it's just me but even though Daniels voices 3PO in TCW and Rebels I always feel that his VO is an impression of his old work. Too much stuttering and sometimes sounds a little off.

Obviously voices change from the movies and the stuttering could've just been in the scripting.

I don't know. Hopefully he sounds great in this and VII.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Krueger likes this.
  5. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    Is it me, or do the animations look even more sharper?

6. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    I don't think this was posted yet...? (apologies if I missed it! I don't recall seeing this article yesterday)

'Star Wars Rebels: Breaking Ranks' Synopsis Revealed: http://www.starwarsunderworld.com/2014/09/rumor-star-wars-rebels-breaking-ranks.html

Essentially:

"The Rebels send Ezra (going by an alias) on an undercover mission into the Imperial Academy to steal a decoder. There, the boy meets two new friends, Zare and Jai, who, too, are among the best cadets. When Ezra learns that the Emperor wants to have the best cadets brought to him, he attempts to escape from the Academy with them. When they have almost made it, Zare decides to remain behind in the Academy because that was his only opportunity to find his missing sister again."

As the article goes on to mention, some of this arc was introduced in the new Visual Guide. The part about who Zare is looking for is new, and somewhat intriguing.

7. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
  8. Spartan Kobe

Spartan Kobe Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 7, 2014
    Ok tbh I am completely confused on what we are talking about here.

Rebels is canon. I don't see where that debate was made. We were talking about the comics post ROTJ being canon, which I said to drop since it's off topic.

"but the difference in skill level might undermine Luke being this awesome self-made Grand Master. How's he supposed to compete with that?"

I was merely pointing out that Luke's "skill" should not be called into question. He had barely any experience dueling and he stalemated his father, which I thought was very impressive. Now given that, just imagine what will happen once he starts to learn more and gain more skill. Believe what you want, but I think he will become more powerful post-ROTJ given that I think Lucas once said he achieved the Chosen One's potential and given those comics that are now non-canon. That's why I don't think it would be a stretch for him to be GM.

Now back to topic...

I wonder who will end up facing and dueling the Inquisitor the most. Would it be Erza or Kanan?

It would be interesting if one of them struck the Inquisitor down while he was surrendering, or maybe one of them draws on force rage to beat him. That would make an interesting dark-side conflict.

darthosaka likes this.
  9. Kablob

Kablob Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 24, 2014
    Splitting hairs, much?

10. Spartan Kobe

Sep 7, 2014
    Yes they do and it kind of hurts my eyes. :(

Spongebob's animation getting sharper didn't hurt me though. :p

11. Darth Doop

Darth Doop Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2014
    Anyone want to speculate on Vizagos role in this? Will he be a reoccurring character or will he just appear in one or two episodes?

12. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    If TCW is anything to go by, I'd put my money on one or two episodes in Season 1, and if he strikes a positive chord with the Rebels creative team (like Bane, Hondo, or Embo did), odds are good he'll be back in a later season. But I'm just judging from TCW -- Rebels could follow a whole different pattern.[face_thinking]

darthosaka likes this.
  13. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    This is exactly what I've always thought. It’s not just in Rebels and TCW; it’s in all the media apart from the films. His voice always sounds like someone impersonating C-3P0, as oppose to the real thing. Very strange.

14. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    Yeah, it is. The Guide gives a lot of information about the first season it seems.

15. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    Look, JJ Abrams doesn't care about one Lucas interview quote or the other. His objective is to tell the best story possible about a new generation of heroes. And who's gonna steal the limelight from them if he is too powerful? Right, our dear grandmaster Luke.
    Sure, in the beginning of episode VII we will be shown how great Luke is. His pupils will treat him with the utmost respect and he will kick the arses of some wannabe Sith.
    But it makes little sense to turn him into some unstoppable "greater than the chosen one" Superjedi who can throw around Star Destroyers with his mind.
    I'm pretty sure, that after Luke has gotten his grand introduction, he will immediately be shown as fallible. Either by being beaten by a strong enemy, or making a grave mistake or both. Because then, and only then, it will be become clear why the new heroes are actually needed.

16. Spartan Kobe

Sep 7, 2014
    Yoda was the most powerful during TCW. Guess who he didn't steal the spotlight from? Yes hmm...

Luke can still be the most powerful without stealing the spotlight.

And you're going off-topic. I thought we were gonna drop this? I guess not.

Andy Wylde, darthosaka and Abadacus like this.
  17. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    You know, I was walking through the mall the other day and saw a kid with a backpack that has Kanan on it. I thought about taking a picture but thought that was probably creepy lol. I guess Kanan is going to the popular with the target audience.

Andy Wylde likes this.
  18. Apophis_

Apophis_ Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 4, 2012

To be honest I came here to see if anyone else noticed how they changed colors. It might be a side effect of trailer conversion, but I think they really improved a lot on this field.

podjazd likes this.
  19. Cevan

Cevan Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 16, 2013
    Just curious, how many of you will be watching Spark of Rebellion before October 3 using Disney XD's website where you have to input your broadcaster's information and such (or just finding it online sometime that week), and how many of you will be watching it live October 3?

I personally will just wait until it actually airs on October 3. Also, would it be alright if someone made a thread for Spark of Rebellion, but only for the live broadcast of it? I always liked seeing what other people had to say during commercial breaks back when TCW aired, and I'd love to do that again with Rebels but not have to post in a thread where everyone has already discussed Spark of Rebellion.

20. Chris0013

Chris0013 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    I will be watching it on TV...will set the DVR for it in a couple days when it shows up on the guide.

21. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    You just reminded me that I need to set up my own DVR for that purpose. Lol. Thanks.

I'll watch it the day it comes out unless I get caught up in something. I'm getting kinda excited for it now; though.

22. JediFan215

JediFan215 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 31, 2014

I'll probably be using the app on my phone or the website as I don't think my Uni's cable plan includes Disney

23. Cevan

Cevan Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 16, 2013
    New trailer for the TV movie was just posted!!

24. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Looks good.

Andy Wylde likes this.
  25. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    That was awesome. Thanks Cevan.

And we got to see more wookies in this one. :)

Andy Wylde likes this.