main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official Star Wars Rebels Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by KED12345, Apr 4, 2013.

1. Senator Kelberry

Senator Kelberry Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 22, 2010

Well I've got the Disney Channel and Disney XD apps up and running on my Rokus, so I'll probably be too impatient to wait until the 3rd. I'll likely be checking it out that prior Monday.

2. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    Is Spark of Rebellion actually two or three episodes merged into one, or is it its own thing?

3. Cevan

Cevan Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 16, 2013

Spark of Rebellion is just the TV movie on DVD. The TV movie is the length of two episodes, however it isn't considered an actual episode of the show.

Krueger likes this.
  4. vstarvan

vstarvan Jedi Master star 2

Aug 11, 2013
    While this is the general consensus, recently I've been compelled to think otherwise. Firstly, The Spark of Rebellion is only available on DVD and not Blu-ray, much like those Clone Wars episodes that were spliced together into 'movies'. Also, Wikipedia lists part one and part two as the first episodes of the series. They were produced as episodes of Rebels, as indicated by production numbers. Not to mention that the first episode of the show, Droids In Distress, is often referred to as the "third episode" on various news sites (which is also based off production numbers). The same applies to all the other episodes, respectively. I feel as though they're just marketing it as a movie to add to the hype.

darthosaka likes this.
  5. Cevan

Cevan Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 16, 2013

I'm not exactly sure what point you're trying to make.

6. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    New Trailer For Disney XD And Lucasfilm's STAR WARS: SPARK OF REBELLION Movie

[​IMG]
    Disney XD have released a new trailer for the Star Wars Rebels movie which airs on the Disney Channel on October 3rd (titled "Spark of Rebellion"), and it features plenty of new action-packed footage and some very familiar faces from the past. Hit the jump to check it out!

Follow Josh:
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    By Josh Wilding - 9/20/2014
    [​IMG]

"Star Wars Rebels" continues the epic tradition of the legendary Star Wars saga with all-new exciting, action-packed adventures. It is a dark time in the galaxy, as the evil Galactic Empire tightens its grip of power from world to world. As the series begins, Imperial forces have occupied a remote planet, ruling with an iron fist and ruining the lives of its people. The clever and motley crew of the starship Ghost is amongst a select few who are brave enough to stand against the Empire. Together, this ragtag group will face threatening new villains, encounter colorful adversaries, embark on thrilling adventures and become heroes with the power to ignite a rebellion.

Star Wars Rebels takes place between Star Wars: Episode III and IV as the Empire tightens its grip on the galaxy and a rebellion begins to form. Executive produced by Dave Filoni, Simon Kinberg, and Greg Weisman. The series is scheduled to premiere on October 3rd as a one-hour special telecast on Disney Channel and will be followed by a series on Disney XD beginning October 13th.

Read more at http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=107948#zI5zbKDA2sgMGefv.99
    .................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
    so for anyone who has not picked up on this yet "SPARK OF REBELLION" Is going to be an hour long movie debuting on The Disney Channel on Friday October 3rd in about 2 weeks. some how I did not see the trailer until a couple of minutes ago when I GOOGLE'D Spark Of Rebellion. so you don't have to wait to see It on DVD......

7. Cevan

Cevan Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 16, 2013

This was already posted a little earlier.

8. vstarvan

Aug 11, 2013
    That "Spark of Rebellion" may actually be the first two episodes of the show, but Disney is airing them on the Disney Channel and calling it a movie to garner more attention. When season 1 comes out on DVD/Blu-ray, Spark of Rebellion parts one and two may be the first episodes.

darthosaka likes this.
  9. Cevan

Cevan Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 16, 2013

I'm not so sure. In all the Rebels TV spots, they say that the show begins airing October 13. If they were counting the TV movie as the first episode or two, they'd put that date in the TV spot for sure, however they aren't. We know there are 16 episodes total in season one, and although Spark of Rebellion has a season one production number, I don't think it will be considered an actual episode of season one (just a pilot/TV movie).

10. vstarvan

Aug 11, 2013
    I'm not set on it either, but I'm acknowledging the possibility. The TV spots aren't using Spark of Rebellion as the show's premier date because Spark of Rebellion is airing on a different channel.

11. Theo333

Theo333 Jedi Master star 3

Mar 29, 2011
    Would it kill them to drop the narrator for one trailer and let the dialogue speak for itself?

darthosaka, mratm23 and JediFan215 like this.
  12. vstarvan

Aug 11, 2013
    Here ya go:

darthosaka, Theo333 and Ventrix like this.
  13. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    In the UK it’s only being released on DVD, which is pretty disappointing. Hoping for a Blu Ray release down the line. Is it the same in the US?

14. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014
    [​IMG]

Lucasfilm Announces One-Hour Star Wars Rebels Premiere, Monday Airdate For Episodes
    Posted by Eric on August 19, 2014 at 08:05 AM CST | 19 Comments
    Lucasfilm has announced that Star Wars Rebels will premiere with a one-hour movie titled Spark of Rebellion on Friday, October 3 at 9:00 p.m. ET/PT on Disney Channel. Following the premiere, regular episodes will air on Monday nights at 9:00 p.m. ET/PT on Disney XD, beginning October 13.

Disney XD subscribers will be able to watch Spark of Rebellion a few days early -- Monday, September 29, to be exact -- through WatchDisneyXD.com websiteand the Watch Disney XD smartphone and tablet app.

The movie will be available for purchase on several different streaming video platforms beginning Saturday, October 4.

Other dates of interest are Monday, October 6, when the one-hour movie will re-air on Disney XD at 8:00 p.m. ET/PT, and Tuesday, October 14, when the premiere movie's DVD will be released in the United States.

This was on the front page of THEFORCE.NET
    [​IMG]
    Star Wars Rebels // Aug 19, 2014
    Star Wars Rebels: Spark of Rebellion Premieres Friday, October 3 on Disney Channel

Continuing the epic tradition of the legendary Star Wars saga, an exciting animated one-hour movie Star Wars Rebels: Spark of Rebellion is set to premiere Friday, October 3 (9:00 p.m. ET/PT in the US) on Disney Channels around the world, ushering in the highly anticipated series Star Wars Rebels on Disney XD. In the US, Star Wars Rebels episodes will debut Monday nights beginning Monday, October 13 (9:00 p.m. ET/PT) on Disney XD. Worldwide, the series will air in 33 languages across 163 countries in over 400 million households.
    Leading up to its global television debut, Star Wars Rebels: Spark of Rebellion will be available on Disney Channel SVOD and to verified users beginning Monday, September 29, on WATCHDisneyXD.com and the WATCH Disney XD app.
    Set between the events of Star Wars: Episodes III and IV, the story unfolds during a dark time when the evil Galactic Empire is tightening its grip of power on the galaxy. Imperial forces have occupied a remote planet and are ruining the lives of its people. The motley but clever crew of the starship Ghost — cowboy Jedi Kanan, ace pilot Hera, street-smart teenager Ezra, the “muscle” Zeb, warrior firebrand Sabine, and cantankerous old astromech droid Chopper — is among a select few who are brave enough to stand against the Empire. Together, they will face threatening new villains, encounter colorful adversaries, embark on thrilling adventures, and become heroes with the power to ignite a rebellion.
    At the Star Wars Rebels: Spark of Rebellion Fan Event at San Diego Comic-Con this year, the movie garnered rave reviews from fans who found the story and look akin to the classic trilogy of films. The series’ designs are influenced by the work of original Star Wars concept artist Ralph McQuarrie.
    Star Wars Rebels is created by Dave Filoni (Star Wars: The Clone Wars), Simon Kinberg (X-Men: Days of Future Past, Sherlock Holmes), and Carrie Beck. The Lucasfilm Animation production is also executive-produced by Filoni and Kinberg as well as Greg Weisman (Gargoyles).
    The talented voice cast includes Freddie Prinze Jr. as Kanan, Vanessa Marshall as Hera, Steve Blum as Zeb, Tiya Sircar as Sabine, Taylor Gray as Ezra, David Oyelowo as Agent Kallus, and Jason Isaacs as the Inquisitor.
    The multi-platform schedule in the US is:
    MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 29
    • Star Wars Rebels: Spark of Rebellion one-hour movie will be available on Disney Channel SVOD and to verified users on WATCHDisneyXD.com and the WATCH Disney XD app for smartphones and tablets.
    FRIDAY, OCTOBER 3
    • Television premiere of one-hour movie Star Wars Rebels: Spark of Rebellion (9:00 p.m. ET/PT) on Disney Channel.
    SATURDAY, OCTOBER 4
    • Star Wars Rebels: Spark of Rebellion will be available for purchase through Apple iTunes, Amazon Prime, Google Play, and Disney XD VOD.
    MONDAY, OCTOBER 6
    • Star Wars Rebels: Spark of Rebellion (8:00 p.m. ET/PT) premieres on Disney XD.
    MONDAY, OCTOBER 13
    • Star Wars Rebels (9:00 p.m. ET/PT) series premieres on Disney XD.
    TUESDAY, OCTOBER 14
    • Star Wars Rebels: Spark of Rebellion will be available on DVD in retailers nationwide.
    StarWars.com. All Star Wars, all the time.
    TAGS: star wars rebels, Star Wars Rebels: Spark of Rebellion,

This is from STARWARS.COM

15. vstarvan

Aug 11, 2013
    Yes, I'm aware that it's being marketed as it's own 45 minute "hour long" movie. What I'm discussing is whether it's going to be a cash grab movie in the same sense that this is a movie, as their releases share similar circumstances.

16. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014
    All I know is It will air on The Disney Channel on the 3rd Of October 2014 at 9:00PM and they are marketing as an hour long movie. Then on October 13 2014 the first half Hour episode will air at 9:00PM on Disney XD, On October 14 2014 Star Wars Rebels: Spark of Rebellion will be available on DVD in retailers nationwide, so if that is a cash grab then May be you are right but who cares if it is?

17. vstarvan

Aug 11, 2013
    I think you're missing my point. Darth Maul Returns is a "movie" made up of a few Clone Wars episodes put together. What I'm trying to say is that Disney just took the two first episodes, started calling it a movie, and is trying to get it out as soon as possible and through a variety of outlets. (but no Blu-ray, a la Darth Maul Returns) Months down the line, season one will be released, and I won't be surprised if Spark of Rebellion parts one and two are included as the first episodes. It seems like Disney is only making it out to be a separate entity to cash in as soon as possible. Now I'm not saying that this is for a fact what's happening, but I'm saying that we can't discount the possibility of it being true.

18. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014
    I think it is an hour long movie not two half hour movies shown back to back, but I could be wrong. does that about sum it up my friend? :)

19. Cevan

Cevan Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 16, 2013
    Leoluca, can you please stop copying and pasting these really long descriptions of basic information about the show? Just post a link or quote a couple lines of interest instead of pasting the entire thing, please.

20. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014
    Just want to be precise,
    I am an atetion to detail kind of guy/Obsesive Compulsive :cool:

darthosaka likes this.
  21. vstarvan

Aug 11, 2013
    Yes, and I don't disagree with you there. However, Spark of Rebellion was developed as separated 22 minute episodes, with their own production numbers. They encompassed the same arc, but were different episodes. Disney just decided to splice them together with one opening and one credit sequence to give us as 44 minute movie instead. 16 minutes of advertisements gives you the hour long time-slot that has been brought up. This is why I gave Darth Maul Returns as an example. It's four episodes of an overarching story spliced together into a movie.

darthosaka likes this.
  22. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014
    where did you hear this? do you have a link?
    Under George Lucas they might have given you two episodes when they told you it was an hour long movie, and under George they might have given you story arcs but Kathleen Kennedy and Disney are running the show now Dont expect things to be run exactly as they used to be.....

23. Kablob

Kablob Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 24, 2014

The better comparison here is going from "George Lucas and Dave Filoni" to "Dave Filoni, Simon Kinberg, and Greg Wiseman".

Darth_Pevra and vstarvan like this.
  24. vstarvan

Aug 11, 2013
    Star Wars Insider #152
    [​IMG]

darthosaka likes this.
  25. JoaquinSlowly

JoaquinSlowly Jedi Padawan star 1

Sep 21, 2014
    According to an interview at Collider.com in May of this year with Rebels Executive Producer and writer, Simon Kinberg, the first season is 16 episodes long, and the pilot/movie includes the first two of those episodes. Consider, as Star Wars Insider indicates, the shorts together count as the first episode, and the movie counts as the next two. It is reasonable to conclude, I think, that including the shorts as the first, we may have 17 episodes on the first season dvd.

The interview at Collider originally had Simon Kinberg quoted as saying there were 16 episodes in the season, although that detail was later edited from their video interview on the site, and went on to say he wrote 3 of them, the first two and the season finale. He also says that the first two episodes will be aired together as a "movie of the week."
    The Collider interview is found here, and an early report on the story from before the video's editing can be found at Making Star Wars here.

darthosaka likes this.