main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official Star Wars Rebels Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by KED12345, Apr 4, 2013.

1. Kablob

Kablob Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 24, 2014
    I doubt any of this with Barriss will happen in Rebels, so we should really take it to another thread.

cwustudent likes this.
  2. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Sure I also are positions switched from earlier today.

3. Rebel Alliance Pigeon

Rebel Alliance Pigeon Jedi Padawan star 1

Mar 1, 2014
    So they actually show her corpse? whoa

4. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    ya I guess they do.

5. -Engelhast-

-Engelhast- Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2010
    Palpatine is THE Master of manipulation and totally has the ability to twist Barris into anything he wants her to be. Consider the fact that she at best will rot in prison for the rest of her life and he single handily can dangle her only chance at freedom over her head. Who did she think was becoming corrupted when we last saw her? THE JEDI...and Palpatine could totally use her belief that the Jedi were rotting from the inside and helped bring about the fall of the republic. Barriss is already open to the notion so Palpatine simply would need to make her believe the same lie that he is selling to the entire galaxy and that shouldn't be difficult at all for him to do. I honestly believe Palpatine seducing Barris to his team would make her an even more sad and tragic character than she already is. Barriss as an Inquisitor....IMHO it is not at all that implausible or that much of a stretch away from the direction we already seen her heading.
    [​IMG]

Force Smuggler likes this.
  6. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Very good art I will tell you that.

-Engelhast- likes this.
  7. Kablob

Jul 24, 2014
    You did put thought into it, so thank you. I just don't want them to go that way with her. I still think she should get redeemed, eventually. If Darth Freaking Vader can do it...

darthosaka likes this.
  8. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    They already screwed up her character so what's a little bit more? Sounds like a logical continuation to her story anyway.

9. Kablob

Jul 24, 2014
    Conversely, they already screwed up her character so why not do damage control?

Either way her story is going to be pretty tragic.

In the end, whether or not she joins Palpatine is Barriss' choice, just like it was Anakin's and Luke's. He can manipulate and push them all he wants, but it all comes down to their decision.

darthosaka and revan772 like this.
  10. -Engelhast-

Nov 15, 2010
    IMHO it would be a lame cop out to take Barriss in any other direction. After putting her on the path they sent her down in the Clone Wars it would be a totally apologist back peddle to make her just simply change her mind about her actions. I'm not saying that i'm against seeing young Offee getting redemption in the end but I just don't think her coming to the realization that what she did was wrong is enough to earn it. Once you start down that dark path forever will it dominate your destiny...

11. Kablob

Jul 24, 2014
    Except that Yoda was completely wrong about that, which was the entire point of Return of the Jedi.

But either way, I'm excited to see what's in store for Barriss.

12. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    Not always. Plenty of people can get redeemed. But would Barriss want to? Maybe not. She has her own views now and even if she disagreed with the Jedi Order it doesn't mean she agree's with what the Sith do either. She's more like a...grey person. The right person could probably get her on that path to you know, redemption. Ahsoka.

darthosaka likes this.
  13. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    This.

Vader'sGoodHand and -Engelhast- like this.
  14. Kablob

Jul 24, 2014
    I'm not just wishful thinking here, by the way. There's several points in the arc that make me think that Barriss isn't completely lost, yet.

15. -Engelhast-

Nov 15, 2010
    She willingly took part in the murder of other living beings. In my eyes that is damn near irredeemable. Sorry if you disagree. After seeing what Anakin / Vader did in Revenge of the Sith when he murdered innocent children in cold blood makes him a character that I honestly don't think can NEVER redeem himself, no mater what good actions he may later do in his life. Yes, it was awesome that he chose to save his son but there is no way he earned the afterlife force ghost bonus prize.

16. shingi_70

shingi_70 Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 24, 2014
    I could see the Lucas film group take the Marvel comics route where they combine certain characters. Take the Barris character but make her

[​IMG]

PCCViking likes this.
  17. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    Possibly.

18. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    No one is ever completely lost to Redemption. It just depends on whether or not they believe they can be redeemed as well.

darthosaka likes this.
  19. Kablob

Jul 24, 2014
    I will probably roll with it if Barriss becomes an Inquisitor, even if I think she shouldn't.

But if they have Ahsoka kill Barriss, I am going to flip ****. It would be like Invincible all over again.

20. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014

He did kill palpitine and thus ended the war.

21. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    Yeah, Ahsoka killing Barriss would just be messed up. I hope that does not happen either.''

And he choose to save his son over the Emperor as well. He didn't want Luke to suffer and risked his own life to save Luke's.

darthosaka and Jedi_Kenobi32 like this.
  22. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014

Having ashoka kill Barris would be the worst move ever.

darthosaka likes this.
  23. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    ...Are you using Auto Correct? It's not a taking jib at you or anything. But harris; really? I hate technology sometimes.

24. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014

Damn you auto correct.

25. shingi_70

shingi_70 Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 24, 2014
    I wonder what happens to Asokha after she leaves the temple.